Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

left armers rule;370393 said:
Yes you are right Wanie North did only use a few bastman both days....but at least the two teams they played against all had a bat.....so I wonder what team enjoyed the game the most!

it did'nt look like much fun for the new city boy's from where i was,good chance to have a hit out but there was a fair bit of ball abuse going on.

Wanie eat your heart out;370347 said:
What about the crap that Niall Sewang wrote in the border about 20T20, he has got to rip his head out of his a#se and listen to whats going on locally and not worry about what my mate warnie say's.
what he wrote is ok at the elite level, but at grass roots its crap, the only benifit players get out of 20t20 is if you are one of the top 4 or 5 players in your side, lets face it teams use 5 players and the rest are there to field and make up numbers, Look at north on weekend used 3 bats men on sat and 4 on sun, what are the other players doing ? nothing making up numbers,
yes you can always mix it up, but that could be to the detriment of your side, and I dont think that is what CAW intended, otherwise why dont we just play Milo Cricket.
Yes niall the younger generation love watching it. But that doesnt mean they love playing it when they arnt getting any opportunities.
bring back 50ov and at least every one will get more of a go. and the younger up and comers might stay in the game.

i see your point warnie, but it seems when north is concerned you would have to play 150 overs per side sometimes on good wickets, consistent scores of 4/350 or 4/280 has a few blokes missing out!!
oh well at least it gives them a chance to give everyone a bowl.

Can someone please explain who in their right mind calls off cricket on hard wickets two days before the game? One of the worst decisions ever made considerer its Friday morning fine and not a cloud in the sky.....that person/s better hopes it buckets down before 1pm tomorrow!!!!!! NOT A GOOD START TO THE SEASON PROPER.

left armers rule;370677 said:
Can someone please explain who in their right mind calls off cricket on hard wickets two days before the game? One of the worst decisions ever made considerer its Friday morning fine and not a cloud in the sky.....that person/s better hopes it buckets down before 1pm tomorrow!!!!!! NOT A GOOD START TO THE SEASON PROPER.

thats a fair call lefty...but maybe CAW was worried that some clubs may stack there C'Grade with it being the only grade playing. At our clubs alot of players from higher up didn't want to play. Who know's the reason behind the big call but next week will be a fresh start.

Just a little thank you to Wodonga and Baranduda for supporting the Raiders canteen on saturday. Thanks guys and there should be more off it. To East Albury well what a weak effort with not even one player staying back after the game for a beer?? But then on sunday didn't even open up the canteen at Alexandra park befor their game. Not good form Crows.:mad::mad:

big guys don't run;370726 said:
thats a fair call lefty...but maybe CAW was worried that some clubs may stack there C'Grade with it being the only grade playing. At our clubs alot of players from higher up didn't want to play. Who know's the reason behind the big call but next week will be a fresh start.

Just a little thank you to Wodonga and Baranduda for supporting the Raiders canteen on saturday. Thanks guys and there should be more off it. To East Albury well what a weak effort with not even one player staying back after the game for a beer?? But then on sunday didn't even open up the canteen at Alexandra park befor their game. Not good form Crows.:mad::mad:

Apparantly you can't stack C Grade as next weekend still constitutes Round 1, so if you play Round 1 in C Grade, you can't play Round 1 in A Grade or B Grade. If that's the reason for calling off C Grade (when they'll more than likely be playing on carpet in sunny weather when it rained 2 days previous!) then yeah - that person had better hope it pisses down sometime today or Sat. morning. And apparantly they're not making a decision on U17's until Friday arvo? The difference with C Grade being...?
Alarm bells are ringing pretty early folks...

Hmmmm everyone is jumping down CAW's throat for calling the senior round off on Thursday, may I be the first (and likely only) person to say well done CAW. I'm not on any board or anything like that, but I can appreciate a good move.
Better you take the pressure off clubs and curators from trying to prepare a pitch in 2 days that everyone knows will be underdone this week and likely a belter next week. Make it a 1 day game next week. As for the C's being called off, I know (at least in the old W&D comp) that if A grade was off the whole day was off, just to stop teams 'stacking'. Guys say it cant happen but it always seems to anyway.

Also, as all the juniors seem to play on hard-wickets no problem in letting them play, kids will play if snow if you let 'em.

At least this topic has taken away the ball bruhaha now.
Until next time,

Wanie eat your heart out;370347 said:
What about the crap that Niall Sewang wrote in the border about 20T20, he has got to rip his head out of his a#se and listen to whats going on locally and not worry about what my mate warnie say's.
what he wrote is ok at the elite level, but at grass roots its crap, the only benifit players get out of 20t20 is if you are one of the top 4 or 5 players in your side, lets face it teams use 5 players and the rest are there to field and make up numbers, Look at north on weekend used 3 bats men on sat and 4 on sun, what are the other players doing ? nothing making up numbers,
yes you can always mix it up, but that could be to the detriment of your side, and I dont think that is what CAW intended, otherwise why dont we just play Milo Cricket.
Yes niall the younger generation love watching it. But that doesnt mean they love playing it when they arnt getting any opportunities.
bring back 50ov and at least every one will get more of a go. and the younger up and comers might stay in the game.

Agree Wanie - Seewag takes the easy option and writes what he thinks the general public want to read - not the local cricket community. Ask the Clubs questions Seewag rather than dish out Inside Cricket stories.

20/20 cricket is designed for those with short attention spans like women and kids under 13. It's McDonalds cricket - looks great, instant & flashy but underneath it is sh*t, doesn't benefit anyone but too big to close down. Best done during the week and leave the weekends (ALL Saturday) for cricket. Thats why they invented Saturdays !

Ducks fly together;370764 said:
Hmmmm everyone is jumping down CAW's throat for calling the senior round off on Thursday, may I be the first (and likely only) person to say well done CAW. I'm not on any board or anything like that, but I can appreciate a good move.
Better you take the pressure off clubs and curators from trying to prepare a pitch in 2 days that everyone knows will be underdone this week and likely a belter next week. Make it a 1 day game next week. As for the C's being called off, I know (at least in the old W&D comp) that if A grade was off the whole day was off, just to stop teams 'stacking'. Guys say it cant happen but it always seems to anyway.

Also, as all the juniors seem to play on hard-wickets no problem in letting them play, kids will play if snow if you let 'em.

At least this topic has taken away the ball bruhaha now.
Until next time,

thank's for adding nothing usefull there champ,did'nt someone just explain you can't stack c grade?sheeesh.anyway heard a certain captain coach of a prominante abca club will be lining up for kinross in the pub league today at noriel park.might head down for a look as he might not be the only one .

it's the fence or nothin;370881 said:
thank's for adding nothing usefull there champ,did'nt someone just explain you can't stack c grade?sheeesh.anyway heard a certain captain coach of a prominante abca club will be lining up for kinross in the pub league today at noriel park.might head down for a look as he might not be the only one .

I think you may have your info incorrect there.....even though it has been sunny for the past two days and todays weather looks perfect for cricket.....the floods that hit Albury this week were that bad, all hard wickets are still under two foot of water.....so the pub league couldn't possibly be playing today could they.....I mean surely someone didn't make a knee jerk reaction call too early could they?

big guys don't run;370726 said:

Just so you are aware it was not Baranduda. It was a second East Albury Team that purchased stuff from the canteen. Baranduda pulled out of the comp and East filled it. And the reason we didnt hang around was that one of our guys had has wallet stolen. I thankyou for you comments on the canteen not being opened up at Alexandra Park, that can be looked at by the committee. But how about have the decency of contacting someone on the board and discussing these issues instead of being another nameless face too eager to be degrading to other clubs. If you want send me a PM with your name and number and I will contact you to follow up.

The Seamer;371322 said:
Just so you are aware it was not Baranduda. It was a second East Albury Team that purchased stuff from the canteen. Baranduda pulled out of the comp and East filled it. And the reason we didnt hang around was that one of our guys had has wallet stolen. I thankyou for you comments on the canteen not being opened up at Alexandra Park, that can be looked at by the committee. But how about have the decency of contacting someone on the board and discussing these issues instead of being another nameless face too eager to be degrading to other clubs. If you want send me a PM with your name and number and I will contact you to follow up.

I'm not sure if you are rite Seamer.I know that baranduda pulled out of Division 2 and East fielded 2 sides but I was talking about A'Grade.Which Baranduda played in and had a fairly big support crew. So i'm not sure where or what ground the wallet was stolen from but I haven't heard any thing about at my club. So have you contacted anyone in this matter??? Enough said and hopefully this round goes smoothly.

big guys don't run;371362 said:
I'm not sure if you are rite Seamer.I know that baranduda pulled out of Division 2 and East fielded 2 sides but I was talking about A'Grade.Which Baranduda played in and had a fairly big support crew. So i'm not sure where or what ground the wallet was stolen from but I haven't heard any thing about at my club. So have you contacted anyone in this matter??? Enough said and hopefully this round goes smoothly.

Ok Fair enough. I thought you were talking about 2nd Division. My apologies.

Interesting to note that having played in both the old ABCA and WDCA, the Wodonga guys were always happy to stay back after the game and have a drink with the opposition while the ABCA guys with the exception of the Patties and Tallangatta can't wait to get home straight after stumps have been pulled. Surely we play the game for social enjoyment so whats wrong with staying back with the opposition and having a couple of drinks and a bit of banter after the game?:confused:

RUNOUT;371433 said:
Interesting to note that having played in both the old ABCA and WDCA, the Wodonga guys were always happy to stay back after the game and have a drink with the opposition while the ABCA guys with the exception of the Patties and Tallangatta can't wait to get home straight after stumps have been pulled. Surely we play the game for social enjoyment so whats wrong with staying back with the opposition and having a couple of drinks and a bit of banter after the game?:confused:

totally agree. i too have played both comp's and as far as social side goes wdca kill's albury and i don't mean just guzzling beer,i found they were more family orientated too,don't know the reason but have played in gf's for both in 3rd's and if the other sides arent playing in wodonga youd get every bloke and his dog there for support but in albury you'd be lucky to get half turn up.

it's the fence or nothin;371522 said:
totally agree. i too have played both comp's and as far as social side goes wdca kill's albury and i don't mean just guzzling beer,i found they were more family orientated too,don't know the reason but have played in gf's for both in 3rd's and if the other sides arent playing in wodonga youd get every bloke and his dog there for support but in albury you'd be lucky to get half turn up.

blokes should at least stay back for one beer or softy surely that's not too much to ask for?! Ya also don't see to many spectators now days, get the of partner or parents but that's about it. Somehow need to entice people to come have a look?

Here's my top 6 for District comp this season.
Lavi Pheonix
Kiewa (without Vincent)
Mt Beauty
Raiders
Barny
Bethanga

So what do others think.?????????.

i rekon your on the money there big guy with the district, what about provincial?
my thoughts are;

tallangatta
north albury
wodonga
st pats
lavington
east albury
belvior
dederang
albury
yackandandah

mmmmm??????????

The Big Dog;371712 said:
i rekon your on the money there big guy with the district, what about provincial?
my thoughts are;

tallangatta
north albury
wodonga
st pats
lavington
east albury
belvior
dederang
albury
yackandandah

mmmmm??????????

Well thats not bad.But i might go this way!!!!!
North
St Pats
Belvoir
Tallangatta
East Albury
Wodonga
Lavington
Yack
Dederang
Kinross Titans

played at xavier in the 20/20s shit they have a good set up there they have payed for it all new nets two awsome grounds good shelter make the call now and play the gf 1st and3rds there go on caw make a decision does not matter if naughtos team is in it or not look at last year good effot if you ask me !!!!

patty;371904 said:
played at xavier in the 20/20s shit they have a good set up there they have payed for it all new nets two awsome grounds good shelter make the call now and play the gf 1st and3rds there go on caw make a decision does not matter if naughtos team is in it or not look at last year good effot if you ask me !!!!

thats like TK saying have it at the cheese! why would you? hahaha :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back