Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

patty;371904 said:
played at xavier in the 20/20s shit they have a good set up there they have payed for it all new nets two awsome grounds good shelter make the call now and play the gf 1st and3rds there go on caw make a decision does not matter if naughtos team is in it or not look at last year good effot if you ask me !!!!

thats probably the first time you've made any sence on this forum patty!!
however, i'm not sure the grand final venue is the highest issue on their agenda at the moment, your not an "october premier" are you???

ok your right fat yak you guys always are silly me....50 overs in all one day games in all 1st &2nd grades not 40 in some and shit like that is that worth talking about fat yak or how shit albury are and yak 1st round get real guys and talk cents

patty;372340 said:
ok your right fat yak you guys always are silly me....50 overs in all one day games in all 1st &2nd grades not 40 in some and shit like that is that worth talking about fat yak or how shit albury are and yak 1st round get real guys and talk cents

no dollars just cents!!!!!

Well round one is done and dusted. Not to many surprises......

Welll i have heard that Belvoir will be without a few players this week. One has been suspeneded for 2 games for something that happens every week on a cricket field. With 2 of there top bats out this week maybe Albury will roll them.

Another thing you would think that all ground would be in fairly good nick.....Welll i played on the worst ground in my life on the weekend. It was a joke and it's used for junior games. How are kids going to learn how to field when to ball goes sideways. Someone will get hurt at this ground. It was Howlong number 2.

Any more complaints about the balls??? They don't hold up to 40 overs so how are they gunna go in 80 over games????:confused:

Yep, also played at Howlong no 2 last year and had one of our players split open when fielding at mid off when he went down to field an average hit drive and it hit one of the hundreds of holes in the paddack....I remember driving up to the ground and thinking someone was taking the piss....it looks like someone put a wicket in the middle of someones farm yard.

Also, just saw the new Div 1 3rds draw....can someone explain how you can have 11 teams playing 18 rounds that involves a bye each week, which means that 7 teams have 2 byes and 4 teams have 1 bye....not too sure how that makes for an even competition unless someone can explain it to me.

Was a great sight to see all the kids playing Milo Cricket on Saturday when I drove past Bilson Park.. The Albury boys have obviously done a lot of work in the off season..

Good Stuff, next juniors...

left armers rule;372860 said:
Yep, also played at Howlong no 2 last year and had one of our players split open when fielding at mid off when he went down to field an average hit drive and it hit one of the hundreds of holes in the paddack....I remember driving up to the ground and thinking someone was taking the piss....it looks like someone put a wicket in the middle of someones farm yard.

Also, just saw the new Div 1 3rds draw....can someone explain how you can have 11 teams playing 18 rounds that involves a bye each week, which means that 7 teams have 2 byes and 4 teams have 1 bye....not too sure how that makes for an even competition unless someone can explain it to me.

With regards to 3rd grade, what team do you play for. I will speak to the CAW to see if they can pull your side out. Then at least it will be no byes for the rest of the teams. With an odd number of teams this creates the bye situation. And due to the number of rounds that are permitted it creates an anomally. But feel free to pull your team out to make it even for everyone else.

What you dont want to do that? Then why whinge, I dont think anyone else wants to pull theirs out either. So how about just playing and seeing where your team ends up. It is alot better than last year where some teams did not play each other at all. It was a 20 team comp then. I think the current setup is alot better.

The Seamer;373129 said:
With regards to 3rd grade, what team do you play for. I will speak to the CAW to see if they can pull your side out. Then at least it will be no byes for the rest of the teams. With an odd number of teams this creates the bye situation. And due to the number of rounds that are permitted it creates an anomally. But feel free to pull your team out to make it even for everyone else.

What you dont want to do that? Then why whinge, I dont think anyone else wants to pull theirs out either. So how about just playing and seeing where your team ends up. It is alot better than last year where some teams did not play each other at all. It was a 20 team comp then. I think the current setup is alot better.

Jez mate pull your head in.....I was asking a question.....what was the science applied to picking who got the 2 byes and who got the one bye and what points are given to a bye....if a bye counts as a win then yes it is a big deal approaching the finals.....so get off your high horse and offer some creative feedback instead of carrying on like a toss!

And I don't play 3rds....but I do take an interest in all grades

well it's been quite on here of late. I have heard that Baranduda are struggling with numbers and can't field a C'Grade side?? Also I have heard that a senior player as walked out on them? Losing there coach as really hurt them alot.

So Middo how is the Ranga Train going this year??
Will Belvoir fight back this week and knock off the Titans?????
Will the balls last a whole game???:confused::confused:

big guys don't run;373905 said:
well it's been quite on here of late. I have heard that Baranduda are struggling with numbers and can't field a C'Grade side?? Also I have heard that a senior player as walked out on them? Losing there coach as really hurt them alot.

So Middo how is the Ranga Train going this year??
Will Belvoir fight back this week and knock off the Titans?????
Will the balls last a whole game???:confused::confused:

the Train is moving along slowly Big guy,as we expected it is a bit tougher but we r exactly where we want to be.
Struggled in rd1 against wodonga but it was really only 2 guys who made runs for them and we also dropped 6 catches.
What u have to remember is they were R/Up in provincial last yr so to be beaten by them is not a disgrace.

As for the balls,ours lasted really well last w/e against Yack,yes they only made 79 but we bowled 40 odd overs and not many of the balls played at actually missed the bat.

Things seem to b going along nicely for u guys at RAIDERS so good luck for the rest of the season.

Farewell Mido... or will we see you again before the seasons out? Add a bit of coal to the Ranga train...
Raiders will be right up there.. but did i read right.. 31 runs from 28 overs??
The balls dont seem as bad as people make out... give them a few games but first impressions are good.... I would be more worried about the state of some of the wickets before worrying about the balls....

Big guy i think Titans will win this week but Belvoir will bounce back... They are still my roughy for the title... Which senior player walked out? They can't afford to lose any more...

On Tour;373971 said:
Farewell Mido... or will we see you again before the seasons out? Add a bit of coal to the Ranga train...
Raiders will be right up there.. but did i read right.. 31 runs from 28 overs??
The balls dont seem as bad as people make out... give them a few games but first impressions are good.... I would be more worried about the state of some of the wickets before worrying about the balls....

Big guy i think Titans will win this week but Belvoir will bounce back... They are still my roughy for the title... Which senior player walked out? They can't afford to lose any more...

apparently the trick with the ball's is to take them out of the plastic sealed rapper they come in as they will sweat thus making the leather and seam soft.has any one else found this?????

it's the fence or nothin;374057 said:
apparently the trick with the ball's is to take them out of the plastic sealed rapper they come in as they will sweat thus making the leather and seam soft.has any one else found this?????

Cant say i have tried that theory fence but there have been accusations of ball tampering by placing them in a freezer the night before to keep them harder 4 longer!!!!!!!!;)

Heard a rumour last nite that gun Nth Albury cricketer Josh Warren-Marmo will be leaving after today's game and playing at Albury next game? Can any1 confirm or deny this? i no him and Gilson are really good mates.

Its Honestly Middo;374149 said:
Cant say i have tried that theory fence but there have been accusations of ball tampering by placing them in a freezer the night before to keep them harder 4 longer!!!!!!!!;)

Middo, isn't this about the 4th or 5th time you've retired?;)

The Reverse Sweeper;374226 said:
Middo, isn't this about the 4th or 5th time you've retired?;)

2nd time actually and only came back cause the club was on the brink of folding.
But RS it is 4 real this time

ab16;374223 said:
Heard a rumour last nite that gun Nth Albury cricketer Josh Warren-Marmo will be leaving after today's game and playing at Albury next game? Can any1 confirm or deny this? i no him and Gilson are really good mates.

yeah heard he lost his spot keeping to some young bloke and there have been tears,possibly throwing a premiership away!!

well young Fully is going to be a very good keeper and good on North for making the move and picking the young fella.... Hope they stick with him...

CAW how embarrassing surely even with the 20/20 games they could have picked a better team than that... Apart from the Belvoir boys none of the others deserved to be there...

Its Honestly Middo;374149 said:

The trick is you soak them in a bucket of water than zap em in the microwave for 30-45 sec they come out as hard as a cats head.

it's the fence or nothin;374291 said:
yeah heard he lost his spot keeping to some young bloke and there have been tears,possibly throwing a premiership away!!

Well done to North on pliucking another kid out of there junior system and throwing them straight into there first grade side, and well done to Josh for stepping aside to allow ben the opportunity. By all accounts Josh is also an excellent fielder so sounds like a Win Win situation.
So now ben Fullford is in with some pretty good company in regards to north juniors playing ones , Aron Boyle 14yrs old (now at Melb cc) Joe Loorham (14 -15 yrs old ( Ringwood) Farrell 15 yrs old(still at north but has played state) dont know Fullfords age but he was playing under 15s last season. What is it with North and wicket keeper/batsmen. In my era they had Steve Rixon keeping as a 14 year old. he turned out a handy player as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back