Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Well barto North have done a good job in the past and present of bringing young guys into the fold. Same was done with young Ackeroyd, rather than run the same guys out there year after year.
hopefully the rumors arent true with Marmo leaving North because he lost the gloves, would not help his rep at all, bu the worst thing is seeing guys change clubs during the year especially into the same comp.

Once again the bruhaha about the balls come up, hopefully is gets squashed quickly.
Some interesting results over the weekend! East outrighted by the Dogs, Panthers crush Tallangatta, and Albury collapse (almost as expected). Plus in the district comp New City outright Howlong, Kiewa is 0&2 and the Raiders just over the Miners. Seems like each comp is stating to heat up.

Ducks fly together;374443 said:
Well barto North have done a good job in the past and present of bringing young guys into the fold. Same was done with young Ackeroyd, rather than run the same guys out there year after year.
hopefully the rumors arent true with Marmo leaving North because he lost the gloves, would not help his rep at all, bu the worst thing is seeing guys change clubs during the year especially into the same comp.

Once again the bruhaha about the balls come up, hopefully is gets squashed quickly.
Some interesting results over the weekend! East outrighted by the Dogs, Panthers crush Tallangatta, and Albury collapse (almost as expected). Plus in the district comp New City outright Howlong, Kiewa is 0&2 and the Raiders just over the Miners. Seems like each comp is stating to heat up.

Marmo did mention that rumour on the weekend, it was his decision to give up the gloves. He would be number one keeper if he wants to do the job. I think he struggles with lower back problems. Its just a suck it and see aproach at the moment. But young fully did a great job as a fill in.

Wanie eat your heart out;374586 said:
Marmo did mention that rumour on the weekend, it was his decision to give up the gloves. He would be number one keeper if he wants to do the job. I think he struggles with lower back problems. Its just a suck it and see aproach at the moment. But young fully did a great job as a fill in.

i've been told if you sprinkle a bit of concrete down youre back it fixes it!

Wanie eat your heart out;374398 said:
The trick is you soak them in a bucket of water than zap em in the microwave for 30-45 sec they come out as hard as a cats head.

How about whats happening with these dodgey balls? will Castello, with the embarassment of it all be playing this weekend or will he go into hiding under police protection along with his free sommers gear? good lesson for the kids that one crime doesnt pay, hahaha :cool:

Steve_Woods_Chest;374987 said:
How about whats happening with these dodgey balls? will Castello, with the embarassment of it all be playing this weekend or will he go into hiding under police protection along with his free sommers gear? good lesson for the kids that one crime doesnt pay, hahaha :cool:

I wonder if his gear holds up as good as the pills do... Herd a rumor they were flying him to india woody!! :)

I think its funny that people on here can hide behind a computer and remain nameless and ridicule a guy that was trying to do something for the clubs. As far as I am aware he will be going out to play this weekend with every intention of helping his side to another premiership. Which I think would make it 5 or 6 I think.

Why would he need police protection? Maybe you and big dog will need it more than him. Ive never heard as much garbage as what you two are saying. How about you rip your heads out of each others arses and grow up.
Or at least be man enough to front him about it.

I happen to be a very good mate of his and am in a position to know what im talking about. He is as dissapointed as any one about the balls, but its not his company, he isnt making them, and he gets no kick backs. We trialled them and its not working at the moment. So lets just moove on and stop this personal vendetta crap thats happening.

Cheers Barto.

Police protection hey gee I hope that’s not a threat????????
And falsely accusing someone of being a criminal on a public forum?????

Now im no big city lawyer but I think u better watch yourself there chest or u could be in for a little trouble.
No wonder you are remaining anonymous........... The truth always comes out though.
And how about a little respect for the great man and change your name on here buddy im sure woody would want no association with the shit you dribble on here you peanut.
As for the balls obviously they are not up to scratch but im pretty sure Dave hasn’t been working in a factory in India for the last few months stitching them up remember it was a board that made the decision not an individual, obviously there has been an issue so lets move on go back to the old balls (that don’t swing and stay hard forever) ......gee id love to be a batsmen.
The only problem then is Niall will have to find something else to write about, which he is obviously having trouble doing after today’s ripper article on Nat Sariman (coincidentally his team mate) getting to bowl one over in a game we got embarrassed in thanks for the groundbreaking journalism there mate .....Just send the coupon for that 5 minutes of my life ill never get back in the mail thanks buddy.

Wanie eat your heart out;375145 said:
Why would he need police protection? Maybe you and big dog will need it more than him. Ive never heard as much garbage as what you two are saying. How about you rip your heads out of each others arses and grow up.
Or at least be man enough to front him about it.

I happen to be a very good mate of his and am in a position to know what im talking about. He is as dissapointed as any one about the balls, but its not his company, he isnt making them, and he gets no kick backs. We trialled them and its not working at the moment. So lets just moove on and stop this personal vendetta crap thats happening.

Cheers Barto.

Good to see someone come out from behind their username. I'm sure some of the blokes you've bagged over the past two years will be happy to see it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one working on some new sledges for upcoming contests.

Good on ya for not denying that it's you. You've got more balls than most other people in here (me included).

Hey Barto,

How dare you defend Dave who has gone out of his way to try and save all clubs a small futune by trying something different.

Been looking at the scores around the grades and there are some good scores and some good bowling figures. So the balls overall cant be too bad.

Yes there has no doubt been some issues with some of the balls but it is very early in the season, give the company a chance to fix them and maybe by mid season all will be good. If not, the CAW at least gave it a crack!

The Seamer;375131 said:
I think its funny that people on here can hide behind a computer and remain nameless and ridicule a guy that was trying to do something for the clubs. As far as I am aware he will be going out to play this weekend with every intention of helping his side to another premiership. Which I think would make it 5 or 6 I think.

Well tell evryone who u are...or will that dampen ur rep points and street cred?!! I'm happy not to reveal myself and keep takin the Mickey whilst reading whinging posts, I find it amusing how it gets to some!!

left armers rule;375200 said:
Hey Barto,

How dare you defend Dave who has gone out of his way to try and save all clubs a small futune by trying something different.

Been looking at the scores around the grades and there are some good scores and some good bowling figures. So the balls overall cant be too bad.

Yes there has no doubt been some issues with some of the balls but it is very early in the season, give the company a chance to fix them and maybe by mid season all will be good. If not, the CAW at least gave it a crack!

i think we should stick with somer's and see if they can iron out their teething problem's, if they are gunna switch supliers at least go to kookaburra as i can't see the point in paying playtupus good money for shit ball's,we may as well stay where we are.I feel sorry for the poor bloke that will have to bowl at costello this week,i don't think you will have to be a genius to work out his stste of mind,everyone on the boundry,give it to em dave!

it's the fence or nothin;375284 said:
i think we should stick with somer's and see if they can iron out their teething problem's, if they are gunna switch supliers at least go to kookaburra as i can't see the point in paying playtupus good money for shit ball's,we may as well stay where we are.I feel sorry for the poor bloke that will have to bowl at costello this week,i don't think you will have to be a genius to work out his stste of mind,everyone on the boundry,give it to em dave!

I herd kookas were having the same problem as sommers at the moment.. The ball from our game satdy held up but got soft very quickly, I think it's the lacker they put on the ball, it comes off very quickly...

Sir Don;375190 said:
Good to see someone come out from behind their username. I'm sure some of the blokes you've bagged over the past two years will be happy to see it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one working on some new sledges for upcoming contests.

Good on ya for not denying that it's you. You've got more balls than most other people in here (me included).

sorry sir don i am not barto, i passed on to him what was being said and as he is not up to all this chat stuff ha used my login to reply, he didnt explain that in his reply the other day. But I do agree with him that we should move on, was there any problems with the sommers this week?? I havent heard of any.

Wanie eat your heart out;375572 said:
sorry sir don i am not barto, i passed on to him what was being said and as he is not up to all this chat stuff ha used my login to reply, he didnt explain that in his reply the other day. But I do agree with him that we should move on, was there any problems with the sommers this week?? I havent heard of any.

Dederangs ball fell to bits after 20 overs,Albury,s after 6 and i believe Belvoirs came apart after 40 overs.
Im not too fussed anymore what ball is used but if the league got 1 dozen Platypus,1 dozen Kookas and 1 dozen Sommers all un stamped and distributed them im not too sure ne1 would be able to tell which was which.
Get the sides that use the balls to right reports and i bet there will b pros and cons for all the balls.;)

Does anyone know when the VB T20 game between the winners of the cricket albury wodonga comp and the Wang comp is gonna happen

I strongly advise you all to think before you post negative and potentially libellous messages on here.

You can discuss the quality of the balls as long as you stick to facts. Posts which are felt to be on the border line of fact and fantasy or mention names directly (or indirectly for that matter) will be removed and action taken against the poster.

Sorry to see the headlines on the front of the Border Mail but from the times I've met the bloke he takes his cricket and his reputation seriously.

Interesting about the ball contraversy

Does anyone know how many balls are actually used each weekend in CAW ?
Also how many have been defective ?

I'm a simple bloke but as reported "many falling apart during games" - How many is many ? More than a few and less than a lot ??

The games I've played the ball has come up well - no problems. Maybe my Club just got a decent batch of balls ?

Spoke to CAW and Clubs were supposed to report back on Sommers balls either way - good, bad or indifferent.

Maybe if some of this information was reported we can all make abetter and an informed decision/opinion.

I do have a complaint about the ball last weekend though - they kept hitting it to me and I couldn't stop it.

Sorry guys, going to have to lock this thread for a little while.

Will open it back up once we've sorted what needs to be sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back