Cricket Albury/wodonga

I should hav mentioned it was good to see Byron Hales get a good write up in the Border yesterday. Nice to see Jackson doesn't get all the headlines at the Bulldogs LOL

Anybody know whats going on with the 3rd grade Div 2 grand final? I see on the CAW website today that Lavington is playing TBA? In the paper yesterday they were playing North Albury weren't they?

Have North Albury finally been caught for doing something shonky, instead of things being swept under the carpet?

I'm led to believe that they have 'allegedly' played an ineligible player on the weekend, and the game has been given to Tallangatta.

I'm led to believe that they have 'allegedly' played an ineligible player on the weekend, and the game has been given to Tallangatta.

Looks like one of their players had not played enough games during the season to qualify for the finals. Considering they went into the game with 12 players, a pretty stupid and costly mistake, and it's not as though the guy was another Brett Page!!!

I find it really hard to believe that a bloke who is captain of his club would be thinking about leaving when they're in the middle of a finals campaign.

It's amazing the crap people make up on this site.

Make up this crap? I said I didn't believe he would leave the club during the season, but today he did step down as captain from Lavington.......

Make up this crap? I said I didn't believe he would leave the club during the season, but today he did step down as captain from Lavington.......

Yep, and if you read the whole article you would have seen the bit where he said he was staying on as a player.

I see that Mt Beauty are playing the C Grade Div 3 final, after losing the semi to Barny! Barny's forfeit was known before the end of the home/away season yet they still went ahead with the campaign, this as well as taking a swipe at the Association and another club over ground conditions - has anyone here SEEN their ground and "wicket"?
I'm thinking of a sure fire way of eliminating the bye from District next year........

Im lead to believe that it didnt matter if they forfeited or not as it appears that a few players that played were not even registered at the club and they also played up to 4 players who didnt qualify for finals throughout thier finals campaign.

Could you elaborate more RUMPIG on how to eliminate the bye in District!!!!!

Im lead to believe that it didnt matter if they forfeited or not as it appears that a few players that played were not even registered at the club and they also played up to 4 players who didnt qualify for finals throughout thier finals campaign.

Could you elaborate more RUMPIG on how to eliminate the bye in District!!!!!

Given that District A and B grades both have uneven teams, would it be possible for one team drop down or one team to go up. It wouldn't be the first time two teams from one club have played in the same division.....not too sure whether players like byes in two day cricket.

RumPig know the facts before shooting your mouth off, the Barnawartha Chiltern Cricket Club is in great shape and a lot of people (past and current) have put in some hard work for this to happen...
They haven't played on synthetic for 2 seasons at an added cost to the club and have a turf wicket in ready to go for next season.
The ground is in excellent condition and the facilities are getting a $1 Million plus upgrade in the next 12 - 24 months.
The Barnawartha Cricket Ground will be one of the finest cricket grounds in the competition in years to come and you may freely quote me on that.
Their A grade side averaged 5/6 players a week under 20, the B grade side reguarly had 7 players 16 or under playing each week and have some very good junior players in their ranks. Most clubs would love to be in that position. On top of that they have more than 6 past recent junior players currently playing at Provincial clubs and were without the services of the likes of Mark Doolan and Chris Dishot this season.
All sounds pretty positive from where I sit, a lot of hard work still ahead but the momentum is heading strongly in the right direction.
As for the C grade situation again get all the facts before giving an uneducated opinion.. This isn't a club issue or a CAW issue it is a TDFL issue, which steps have already been taken so this does not happen again. Spare a thought for the 11 guys who could not play in what we all play or played sports for and which some may never have the chance to play in one again and for some maybe their only chance... a GRAND FINAL...
And on a personal note... If you want to make such comments don't hide behind a user name, be man enough to disclose who you are.. But I am sure you want do that and we will all have our opinions why...

RumPig know the facts before shooting your mouth off, the Barnawartha Chiltern Cricket Club is in great shape and a lot of people (past and current) have put in some hard work for this to happen...
They haven't played on synthetic for 2 seasons at an added cost to the club and have a turf wicket in ready to go for next season.
The ground is in excellent condition and the facilities are getting a $1 Million plus upgrade in the next 12 - 24 months.
The Barnawartha Cricket Ground will be one of the finest cricket grounds in the competition in years to come and you may freely quote me on that.
Their A grade side averaged 5/6 players a week under 20, the B grade side reguarly had 7 players 16 or under playing each week and have some very good junior players in their ranks. Most clubs would love to be in that position. On top of that they have more than 6 past recent junior players currently playing at Provincial clubs and were without the services of the likes of Mark Doolan and Chris Dishot this season.
All sounds pretty positive from where I sit, a lot of hard work still ahead but the momentum is heading strongly in the right direction.
As for the C grade situation again get all the facts before giving an uneducated opinion.. This isn't a club issue or a CAW issue it is a TDFL issue, which steps have already been taken so this does not happen again. Spare a thought for the 11 guys who could not play in what we all play or played sports for and which some may never have the chance to play in one again and for some maybe their only chance... a GRAND FINAL...
And on a personal note... If you want to make such comments don't hide behind a user name, be man enough to disclose who you are.. But I am sure you want do that and we will all have our opinions why...
While I do not have the knowledge about what is happening at Barnawartha Chiltern Chiltern Cricket club to be able to agree with everything that RumPig has written, I certainly agree that they have show disrespect to those they have played against and the association. They must have known for some time that there would be a clash between the CAW grand finals and TDFL's Round 1 games and to make the decision to play in Round 1 of the Footy instead of playing in a cricket grand final does show disrespect to those they played against those they played against and CAW. You can not blame the TDFL for this happening , the players not the TDFL would have had to make the final decision to either forfeit Round 1 of the footy or the cricket Grand Final, obviously they have decided that the footy is more important, so they are showing disrespect for the sport of cricket.

While I do not have the knowledge about what is happening at Barnawartha Chiltern Chiltern Cricket club to be able to agree with everything that RumPig has written, I certainly agree that they have show disrespect to those they have played against and the association. They must have known for some time that there would be a clash between the CAW grand finals and TDFL's Round 1 games and to make the decision to play in Round 1 of the Footy instead of playing in a cricket grand final does show disrespect to those they played against those they played against and CAW. You can not blame the TDFL for this happening , the players not the TDFL would have had to make the final decision to either forfeit Round 1 of the footy or the cricket Grand Final, obviously they have decided that the footy is more important, so they are showing disrespect for the sport of cricket.

Future thank you for your input and yes the club knew before the finals that a clash was likely but the facts are we didn't leave it until the finals to raise this issue with the appropriate people and at no time was there any disrepect towards anyone shown. The players involved are footballers and they had no idea (nor did anyone involved in cricket) at the time of committing to playing the cricket season that a conflict would arise.
A number of these players are paid footballers including the Coach, Assistant Coach and Captain, our cricket club unlike most don't pay any of our players to play cricket and all our players pay subs. The players at our club play because they want to play for the Barnawartha Chiltern Cricket Club.
As disappointing as it is for the club with what has occured these guys are paid footballers and have no influence on the TDFL draw. These guys should not have had to make this decision the football should not have started until next week like all other leagues.. This is the last time I will respond to any feedback on the C grade team, the club has for a number of weeks tried all they could to come up with a solution but unfortnately it wasn't to be. This was not an easy decision on the c grade team or the club.

The idea of eliminating the bye basically revolves around cutting a certain club whose house and ground is sorely out of order, and has been for some time. The C Grade situation is completely disrespectful to all those they competed against as well as the association and the club's attitude towards this leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. The syntho wicket situation has been allowed to go on for far too long (Eskdale back in the comp 6 months and get a turf deck up!)
If the comp was divisional, there wouldnt be a bye and yes, byes in 2 day cricket arent too popular!

Did'nt take me long to find out who you are Rumpig (Bryan Buchanan, Howlong Cricket Club) let's see how long it takes you to find out which team mate informed me.
Maybe you should worry more about yourself and less about the Barnawartha Chiltern Cricket Club

The forum is yours to own now, Sir Don. Congratulations and be gentle with them.
Congratulations to Wodonga. And great to see young Beattie (and not Jackson) made all the runs. Well done Bulldogs. Lavi won B grade aftera fairly spiteful encounter against North Albury and I believe St Pats reclaimed the 3rd grade crown in Div 1, while Bushies won the Div 2 one day comp.

Who won in District this year?

Moorabbin West Cricket Club
Affiliated with the CMCA
SEEKING KEY PERSONNEL FOR THE 2012-13 SEASON
Are you moving to Melbourne for work/school?? Love your cricket and need a new club?? We want to talk to you!
We are a club looking to make a splash, with an expectation of finals next season. Our 1st XI competes in Woolnough Shield and was a finals contender for most of this season, whilst our 2nd XI were D Grade Premiers and will move up to C Grade next year.
We have a solid mix of youth and experience and have already put a new Captain/Coach in place, along with an ambitous and united leadership group.
We now seek the experience and skills of a quality top or middle order batsman.
The person we're after will ideally possess:
  • Experience and accomplishments at a comparable standard of cricket
  • A passion to be part of a strong team and winning culture
  • A commitment to pre season, and strong work ethic during the season
  • A temperament to bat long periods and work with our developing batsmen
In return we offer remuneration consistant with your experience and skill set and a club hungry for success.
Suitable candidates will preferably have statistical credentials available on MyCricket or similar league websites.
Resumes/Applications or Enquiries can be forwarded to moorabbinwestcricketclub@gmail.com or enquiries can be made on 0413 928 287
Applications close 4th May, 2012.

Congratulations To all Grand Finals teams and winners - especially Mt Beauty and Yack for a thrilling game a gutsy win for the Power, great entertainment. Good to catch up with some friends from other teams and good to see a lot of people getting out to various grounds on a perfect weekend for cricket. It certainly looked like a lot of effort was put into wickets and grounds to make the granny's a spectacle - curators can be proud of the efforts put in. Interesting conversations had about various topics throughout the season - a lot of great ideas floating around and hopefully coming to fruition before next season. Not all doom and gloom out there, a positive end to an eventful season. Look forward to renewing old acquaintances next season:)

Congratulations To all Grand Finals teams and winners - especially Mt Beauty and Yack for a thrilling game a gutsy win for the Power, great entertainment. Good to catch up with some friends from other teams and good to see a lot of people getting out to various grounds on a perfect weekend for cricket. It certainly looked like a lot of effort was put into wickets and grounds to make the granny's a spectacle - curators can be proud of the efforts put in. Interesting conversations had about various topics throughout the season - a lot of great ideas floating around and hopefully coming to fruition before next season. Not all doom and gloom out there, a positive end to an eventful season. Look forward to renewing old acquaintances next season:)
I agree RumPig.
While I haven't seen the results from the C Grade Div 3 Grand Final, it appears that there was no dominant club, with no club managing more than 1 premiership.

I agree RumPig.
While I haven't seen the results from the C Grade Div 3 Grand Final, it appears that there was no dominant club, with no club managing more than 1 premiership.

I think Mt Beauty won that, if so then they've won 2 flags and congrats to them - a deserved result for a solid year.

The forum is yours to own now, Sir Don. Congratulations and be gentle with them.

Thanks Reverse Sweeper. I was going to tee off on a few people but I don't think there's any need. I'm sure there's a few people eating their words at the moment.

This finals series has certainly proved that we aren't a one man band and it was great to see Dylan Beattie come of age on Saturday.

Also have to give credit to Luke Restall for his effort on Sunday. That was one of the best innings I've ever seen and proved what a class player he is.

Enjoy the off season everyone. Look forward to doing it all again next year.

without Robbie Jackson your team has nothing to fall back on and every single 1st grade Team moving to finals in know's it and we can't wait to play you guys if you survive week one. Two games running with Wodonga it is very clear to see that without Robbie firing you've got nothing in the shed. My apologies for spilling the truth on Big Cricket but its appears that you have crickets equivalent of 'beer goggles' on and think you are a little better than you are. You will make finals and get booted out quick smart, that's inevitable..

Quit kidding yourself it's getting embarrassing. Without Robbie firing the facts have it that you crumble, deal with it or step up and make a contribution.

It appears to me that old LTG has hit a raw nerve, however it is the truth, unless someone else removes themselves from under Jackson coat tails the club will only be making up the numbers come finals.

I just had to go back and quote some of this tripe. For a team that sat around 3rd on the ladder all season it's disgraceful, glad you're eating your words. Congrats to them, what a performance. To beat Lavi and then St Pats was great team cricket and nowhere near a one-man-team. The local media is eating their words now as well. Well done to Beattie and also Luke Restall. 2 amazing innings'. 2 flags in 3 years, great effort Wodonga

Back