Cricket Albury/wodonga

I see in the paper today that Lavi have signed Aaron West and Robbie Mackinlay as coaches for next year.

Anyone know why Westy left New City?

Wow, it's gone quiet in here. What happened to the New City boys? Haven't heard from them for a few weeks!

Anyone got any news?

Wow, it's gone quiet in here. What happened to the New City boys? Haven't heard from them for a few weeks!

Anyone got any news?
Probably quiet, because most people are concentrating on the Footy now and unlike the footy there seems to be very little news in the media about cricket during the off season :)

Lets get a conversation started with the biggest surprise and also the biggest dissapointment in both Provincial and District
without a doubt the bulldogs winning the 1st grade was the biggest surprise, and full credit to them as well. they are well drilled and are forever warming up giving each other throw downs. they copped a bit of shit all year (particularly on here) for being a one man band but im pretty sure no one dare say that now. should be tough to beat again next year..
biggest disappointment.
the gap in the provincial competition between 1st and last. At times makes for some very negative and uncompetitive cricket.
the solution is obviously to revert back to an 8 team comp which i believe the board are in the process of doing over the next two seasons. i do however see a strong argument to keeping 10 teams at the top level in order to promote more exposure to the 'lesser clubs' for overall growth, but the competition is struggling for it.
cannot comment on the district side of things as i have not been involved in that competition for many a year now, but it is good to see raiders looking at building a club and developing their juniors for the future and taking their time to do so. I believe when the time comes they will get promoted and stay in provincial for good.
that is all, any thoughts??

well do you know something or what?
Obviously Lavvy have a new coach. Not sure how happy New city will be with Westy goin there.
Baranduda have advertised for a coach,Yack im told have opted not to reappoint Richard Harvey which suprises me after a flag and a GF appearance in his 2 yrs at the helm.
Dederang on the lookout with Beau Packer,s apparent defection to Nth Albury.
Anyone else care to name a few if they know of any

I just had to go back and quote some of this tripe. For a team that sat around 3rd on the ladder all season it's disgraceful, glad you're eating your words. Congrats to them, what a performance. To beat Lavi and then St Pats was great team cricket and nowhere near a one-man-team. The local media is eating their words now as well. Well done to Beattie and also Luke Restall. 2 amazing innings'. 2 flags in 3 years, great effort Wodonga

More then happy to eat my words and congratulate Wodonga, they certainly surprised me.
The return of Roberts certainly helped.

well done to all at the WCC.

I must admit i haven't heard much about next year but i do believe Westy left New City halfway through last season and everyone at Urana Rd is pretty tight lipped about it so not sure what happened here. I know Anthony Baker (new City President) and Westy are pretty good mates so i don't think there has been a falling out but i am keen to know more if anyone can help.

I'm not going to make any predictions about next season but agree that the Wodonga Raiders are certainly building their club back up and not looking for a quick fix, which is commendable......any truth to the rumour Jesse Griffiths has signed with them?

More then happy to eat my words and congratulate Wodonga, they certainly surprised me.
The return of Roberts certainly helped.

well done to all at the WCC.

I must admit i haven't heard much about next year but i do believe Westy left New City halfway through last season and everyone at Urana Rd is pretty tight lipped about it so not sure what happened here. I know Anthony Baker (new City President) and Westy are pretty good mates so i don't think there has been a falling out but i am keen to know more if anyone can help.

I'm not going to make any predictions about next season but agree that the Wodonga Raiders are certainly building their club back up and not looking for a quick fix, which is commendable......any truth to the rumour Jesse Griffiths has signed with them?

judging by the amount of attempted poaching hes doing and continual riffs with the bulldogs, i'd catagorically say yes...

judging by the amount of attempted poaching hes doing and continual riffs with the bulldogs, i'd catagorically say yes...

How did all this happen, i thought he was ensconced at the dogs?
will be a handy recruit for Raiders just not sure they need to now burn some of their young blokes by over recruiting wodonga players....i can't see why wodonga players would leave though......what are the issues at the dogs to cause all of this?

Obviously Lavvy have a new coach. Not sure how happy New city will be with Westy goin there.
Baranduda have advertised for a coach,Yack im told have opted not to reappoint Richard Harvey which suprises me after a flag and a GF appearance in his 2 yrs at the helm.
Dederang on the lookout with Beau Packer,s apparent defection to Nth Albury.
Anyone else care to name a few if they know of any
What do you mean Lavy have Aaron West coaching them???? Isn't it about this time of year they announce that they have West Indian Jason Smith coming out to coach them.:rolleyes:

By the looks of it, Boothy may have work tirelessly to recruit, cos I saw Sammy Oconner at Jack Daniel's house tonight. Has Jack found a replacement for shane hansford's opening position?

What are people's thoughts on who will go up and who will come back to District. we have been working hard over the last two years, my early call is Raiders v Yack Grand final.

Who's coming down? Albury, Belvoir, Tallangatta?

Any word of blokes changing clubs?

Lets get this forum up and about!!!!!

Not exactly sure what has happened, but my last comment was deleted, but obviously I will re post it. In reply to you got him gone, I agree, not sure what his thoughts are if he trying to recruit him, maybe he sees something no one else does lol. Enough about sam though, any other rumblings about recruiting?

I could be wrong here, but I thought it was only New City being relegated after last season?

And I would be very surprised if Sammy O'Connor ended up at North Albury, far to nicer bloke to end up there lol.

Anyone else heard about people changing clubs?

I could be wrong here, but I thought it was only New City being relegated after last season?

And I would be very surprised if Sammy O'Connor ended up at North Albury, far to nicer bloke to end up there lol.

I wouldn't read much into Sam spending time with people outside Albury Cricket Club. For the last couple of years he has been watching Lavington Panthers when they are playing finals and was even at the Lavington Panthers' AGM this year, but said he wasn't returning to play with Lavington.

I think he is probably just such a nice bloke that he has cricket friends outside Albury Cricket Club, including possibly me.

Richard Harvey to coach Dederang

Back