Cricket Albury/wodonga

Why would that be? Thought this would be the time when all the clubs start talking up their chances for the upcoming season. Not long to go now gents. Anyone heard anything?? could be the most boring off season in recent memory!
It is a concern Grey Nick when the big recruiting news in the off-season is Raiders' signing of Jason Merkel. :rolleyes:

Looks like a snooze fest! Any news how Aaron West is going in his new role? What do New City make of it??

Few predictions:

Premiers: St Pats
Runners-up: Lavington
Spoon: Albury
Most runs: Luke Restall
Most wickets: Greg Daniel

Headline you'd love to see: STEVE WOOD ANSWERS CAW REPRESENTATIVE SOS

Does anyone know what's going on with the competitions lesser lights? Word is Baranduda have searched high and low for a coach but haven't found any takers. Haven't heard any news about Dederang, Bethanga etc

Does anyone know what's going on with the competitions lesser lights? Word is Baranduda have searched high and low for a coach but haven't found any takers. Haven't heard any news about Dederang, Bethanga etc[/quote
Have heard Steve McLennan to Baranduda? Any truth on this one?
It is sad when the preseason has only one recruit named here.....

Snoozefest!!! Anyone got something? Just make something up boys... anything!!

Gotta get some momentum into this season.
Wouldn't worry too much Grey Nick. Should see some momentum soon, with clubs either having just started official training or starting very soon.

Expect to see some fit bowlers from Lavington, with some of the young ones spending time in the gym since late May.

Wouldn't worry too much Grey Nick. Should see some momentum soon, with clubs either having just started official training or starting very soon.

Expect to see some fit bowlers from Lavington, with some of the young ones spending time in the gym since late May.
Are you a Lavy boy FCT? There's always some drama or intrigue coming out of LPO. What have you got for me? New signings? Departures? How's the coach? (Assuming you're not him yourself ;) )

I've heard several clubs are spending a bit of time getting players fit in the last few months. With a long, hot and dry season ahead, maybe we'll actually get to spend a lot of time on the park this year.

And for a change, I haven't heard anything out of LPO. No dramas, no off field debacles. Must be the first season in years they're settled over there ... Or just playing their cards close to their chest. Good to see they can focus on the cricket for a change.

Maybe T-Ball leaving LPO wasn't such a bad thing after all ........

Are you a Lavy boy FCT? There's always some drama or intrigue coming out of LPO. What have you got for me? New signings? Departures? How's the coach? (Assuming you're not him yourself ;) )
Well guessed Grey Nick yes I am a Lavy boy, things seem to be going well at the moment at LPO, I would say it is more that we are settled rather than playing our cards close to our chests. Had our first official training run for the season last Sunday and things seemed to go well with almost everyone getting through all the drills that the new coaches set up. I haven't heard of any signings or departures and I do have my ear close to the ground there. The coaches seem to be going well and everyone certainly looked keen on Sunday. I'm not one of the coaches, as regular readers of this forum should have worked out, I've been at the club for quite a few years now as a 3rd grade struggler, hence my nickname which I think describes me well.

Well guessed Grey Nick yes I am a Lavy boy, things seem to be going well at the moment at LPO, I would say it is more that we are settled rather than playing our cards close to our chests. Had our first official training run for the season last Sunday and things seemed to go well with almost everyone getting through all the drills that the new coaches set up. I haven't heard of any signings or departures and I do have my ear close to the ground there. The coaches seem to be going well and everyone certainly looked keen on Sunday. I'm not one of the coaches, as regular readers of this forum should have worked out, I've been at the club for quite a few years now as a 3rd grade struggler, hence my nickname which I think describes me well.

Good to hear FCT!! Thanks mate.

Now we have the Panthers run down. What about Patties boys? How's Trent Ball going as one of the coaches?? Any signings/departures/potentials??

Well the Eagles are having a few dramas .Not sure who will be captain this season but they might be a change. Can't see to many new players in CAW this year and I hope clubs give up on imports. Also a very slow start with the way footy is finishing up this year.

Im not sure where you get your info from there big guy, i myself am a new player to the compititon this year...
but i have heard that a very good cricketer from the MVCA (captained there rep side last season) has been linked to a number of clubs for the upcoming season. (Commited with none, ATM)
Played footy in wodonga this season, partner lives in Thurgoona, im not mentioning any names but there are quite a few clubs talking to him as he wouldnt speak until footy was over.
Played for the ACT in the Australian championships when they were held in albury.
Captain of Barooga CC. im sure you can work out the rest.
Good mate of mine we will see who can land him.

Carn the Pats.
That's great to hear Craig. If he goes aswell as Adam Hall ( Howlong ) last who ever get's him will be very happy. Just wondering if the player mentioned kicked a few goals this year. It's hard when footy and cricket finish and start so close.

If he goes aswell as Adam Hall ( Howlong ) last who ever get's him will be very happy. Just wondering if the player mentioned kicked a few goals this year. It's hard when footy and cricket finish and start so close.
Word is Hall is looking for greener pastures, I'm hearing the Howlong boys won't be shedding too many tears if he leaves. I don't think he was a great fit for the Howlong club culture, maybe a more anal Provincial club (eg.Lavi) might suit him better. :rolleyes:

Word is Hall is looking for greener pastures, I'm hearing the Howlong boys won't be shedding too many tears if he leaves. I don't think he was a great fit for the Howlong club culture, maybe a more anal Provincial club (eg.Lavi) might suit him better. :rolleyes:

Who's this Adam Hall bloke? I haven't heard anything about him before?

May have kicked a couple big guy :) and please don't ever put this guy and Adam Hall in the same sentence. I don't know why the Albury cricket association haven't approached him for the rep stuff, coach captain whatever it may be. As the rep stuff for Albury-wodonga is terrible and in need of a change/shake up. Very Low division at Melbourne country week. And nothing has changed for how long.....
Anyone wants his number who havent already been in touch with him. Inbox me.

Carn the pats.
How come you are trying to get a club to sign him up on here Craig. Surely if he is a mate of yours he would want to join the club you are at and not play against you ? :)

Not much use me getting his number as I have no role in recruiting players.

Funny you say that grey nick, big thing coming from you from what I have heard.
He doesn't want money. But why would he move his whole life over here when he is the captain of a far better league side. Captain of a club. Etc etc.
He will give all that up to come over here just to play.... I think not.
Anyway. I've said my bit. Good luck to all for the upcoming season.
Thanks for the reply Craig!

What are you implying about what you have heard about me? I'm a old, grey former player (who wasn't much good to start off with) who never received a dime for playing for my club (who, might I add aren't travelling the best over the last few years!)

But I'm sure your little friend will be happy with you spruiking him to all and sundry in the hope for an extra dollar or two!

If you don't mind, I've just come back from a late shift and I best be off gents.

Toodles!

Well, im not really sure what this website is or forum whatever it may be. People making up things to try and make themselves more important than they actually are, or one person anyway.
I am the Captain of the Barooga CC and i have been for the last 4 years now. So i am assuming the previous things written are about me.
I woke up this morning to txt msgs off a friend from Albury-Wodonga, saying that maybe i should check this site out.
So here i am.

Whoever you are "Craig Matthews" i have no idea who you are or where you get your information from..... or how and why you know so many things about me.

Its sad really.

Sure i have spoken to cricket clubs from the area as i have for the past 5 seasons...
Never met with any or sat down for a chat, nor got to the point as to what "my needs" were... as you were implying, money. TOTALLY NOT TRUE AT ALL.
With my partner living in the albury area im sure that one day the move will happen. As yes, it did with football this year.
But it is not going to be brought forward by some nobody that is sitting behind a keyboard making up lies.

Thats all ive got to say....

All the best to everyone involed in the association.
Im sure we will meet in the rep stuff again this year...
Cheers

Back