DVCA Barclay Reserve

Re: DVCA Barclay Reserve

Chug;318075 said:
get over it;317835 said:
Mernda has actually done quite well the last few tears, not only in A grade but throughout the club. I doubt there would be many blokes that would have backed you guys to be in such a good position a few years ago. Eppings 2's are generally rubbish although they looked ok last year, being on top most of the year but then not playing finals. Riverside have always been competitive in every grade and I see they have dropped off sharply in a few grades including the two's. Would have to be a few question marks over the siders.[/QUOTE]

I can see your logic in saying that we have dropped off a bit (sharply is a bit rich though) Apart from B grade most teams are well and truly in finals contention: C-4th, D - 3rd, F - 5th and a few with half a chance A-7th
E - 6th G - 6th. I admit that we aren't travelling as well as previous years (we've consistently had 4 or more teams in finals, which is pretty hard to keep up) but I don't think you can put too many question marks over the club as a whole.
As for our B grade we have come back to the pack a bit after a long period of success and this has to be expected. We have lost a few experienced players and have blooded some players with little experience in the grade. Although the results aren't on the board we have been competitive in most matches and have challenged most teams. I wouldn't write us off after only one bad year...we'll be stronger for it next season.
As for Mernda they have done well as a club and will continue to grow and more success throughout the grades will come. I'm sure they'd be pretty happy sitting 2nd in A and developing some young players in B in what has been a pretty even competition throughout the season.

Chuggy the clappers have been a strong side for a long time, but I also reckon you have under achieved in A grade. To have one bloke in the team take the most wickets and make the most runs consistantly and not have other blokes show consistancy at a reasonable level must be frustrating. I'm not slagging you blokes, I've got lots of respect for you, but I think my point is spot on.

100% BULL;318188 said:
Chug;318075 said:
Chuggy the clappers have been a strong side for a long time, but I also reckon you have under achieved in A grade. To have one bloke in the team take the most wickets and make the most runs consistantly and not have other blokes show consistancy at a reasonable level must be frustrating. I'm not slagging you blokes, I've got lots of respect for you, but I think my point is spot on.

Nah fair point...I cannot argue with that at all as it has been 16 years since our last A grade flag. We've played in a lot of finals in the last few years and have unfortunately come up short; not too much I can say there, it is frustrating but all we can do is soldier on and keep looking to the future. I think the club is moving in the right direction as a few more players are being given a lot more A grade experience and hopefully they will gain the consistency we need so that we don't have to rely on blokes like Gibbo, Elksy, Smaley and G to perform and always get us over the line. Hopefully with a few blokes gaining that experience and being able to make a consistent contribution week in week out; we will win a flag in the next few years while we are still lucky enough to have players like the four I just mentioned. The club is still competitive throughout the grades and with a few people coming back and others gaining some higher grade experience hopefully we will find the players we need to capture that elusive flag in A grade and for the lower grades to continue to achieve the success we have had.

captain cuzz;318082 said:
I just wanted to make it clear that I don't think Epping and Riverside are struggling clubs.

I only used those two because they are around where Mernda are in BR to prove my point that just because a club struggles in a particular grade doesn't mean they struggle as a whole club. ;)

righto big cheese, you seem like you have alot to say. well you could say we are stuggling but........ thats only because (not in the last 3 or 4 years) we have been one of the biggest and most competitive in the valley, i know for sure that when phil money captaind that was certainly was the case

Chug;318253 said:
100% BULL;318188 said:
Nah fair point...I cannot argue with that at all as it has been 16 years since our last A grade flag. We've played in a lot of finals in the last few years and have unfortunately come up short; not too much I can say there, it is frustrating but all we can do is soldier on and keep looking to the future. I think the club is moving in the right direction as a few more players are being given a lot more A grade experience and hopefully they will gain the consistency we need so that we don't have to rely on blokes like Gibbo, Elksy, Smaley and G to perform and always get us over the line. Hopefully with a few blokes gaining that experience and being able to make a consistent contribution week in week out; we will win a flag in the next few years while we are still lucky enough to have players like the four I just mentioned. The club is still competitive throughout the grades and with a few people coming back and others gaining some higher grade experience hopefully we will find the players we need to capture that elusive flag in A grade and for the lower grades to continue to achieve the success we have had.

Dont know if we can count on that useless younge money,:D ive seen the littlest one bat an he can could be one to watch. We do have one thing going for use, great depth in the juniors

100% BULL;318188 said:
Chug;318075 said:

Probably the most accurate discription said for a while

herecomesthe$$$$;318410 said:
righto big cheese, you seem like you have alot to say. well you could say we are stuggling but........ thats only because (not in the last 3 or 4 years) we have been one of the biggest and most competitive in the valley, i know for sure that when phil money captaind that was certainly was the case

Pull up mate, I think Riverside are quite a strong club with success right through the grades they play in. Except in A grade, where it actually counts evidently.

If you and your mate Stair actually read what people write on here you'll save yourselves some time and embarrasment.

100% BULL;318188 said:
Chug;318075 said:

A couple of points:

I think a couple of other blokes have been consistently good -Smale and Stevie G have never let us down, and although not at Gibbo's level you couldn't say they're not consistently good A grade cricketers (and to a lesser extent Nick Ellks and Steve Doyle).

I also think the phrase "under-achieve" is perhaps not quite correct. Since Gibbo joined the club, two teams have won flags - Plenty and Epping. Those two clubs have been the stand-outs over that period, and to call us under achievers I think is disrespecting their achievements - they've won flags because they've been the best teams in it. Any flag we haven't won hasn't been a case of us playing below ourselves - its been a case of our best not being good enough.

I reckon it's a bit like footy - its not your top players that make the difference, its the bottom half. Our top 4 or 5 players are as good as any other team, but you need good players at 6 to 11 who can get the job done when your big guns don't fire.

We're working hard on some good young prospects to fill that void, and hopefully that hard work bears some fruit over the next couple of years.

Put this one to rest boys its not going anywhere. Cuzz you did not say we were struggling and I can see where you were coming from when making your point. We've had enough to say about why we think our club is strong and successful etc...so I think we can move on.

Anyway, How are everyones B grade teams shaping up for finals? Anyone getting any players back from injury, A grade etc. that you think will strengthen your team for the final few games?

At least i can sleep easy knowing that my club puts money back into the club and not into our players pockets. Paying players is not the riverside way. With the one exception.

riversider;320575 said:
At least i can sleep easy knowing that my club puts money back into the club and not into our players pockets. Paying players is not the riverside way. With the one exception.

Are you sure??:confused:

Gibbsy doesn't coach for nothing and i'm also just as sure Simon gets something, as they both should.

riversider;320575 said:

Ahh the Riverside way, that comment destroyed your C grade batting line up a few years ago in a GF. The Riverside way!

100% BULL;320799 said:
Ahh the Riverside way, that comment destroyed your C grade batting line up a few years ago in a GF. The Riverside way!

Why do you always come on here and bag Riverside. I think your club could learn a few things from this great club. I wish my club was as good as the Riverside club.

Grandstand;320807 said:
Why do you always come on here and bag Riverside. I think your club could learn a few things from this great club. I wish my club was as good as the Riverside club.

hate to see where you play mate!?!?

the only thing it has going for it is the maccas over the road.

HOWZAAT;320825 said:
hate to see where you play mate!?!?

the only thing it has going for it is the maccas over the road.
and also just the fact they can field 7 senior teams with ease each week (with many of them being kids), and that that none of their seven teams are below 6th in any grade.

NEWCC (L);320846 said:
and also just the fact they can field 7 senior teams with ease each week (with many of them being kids), and that that none of their seven teams are below 6th in any grade.

thats another point.

Grandstand;320807 said:

Clearly you have not followed my posts, I have a healthy respect for the Clappers. Its Epping I dont rate, and Macloed and many others. The old valley clubs have my utmost respect.

Back to the grandstand spectator.

100% BULL;320799 said:

Look im not being arrogant or anything. i will just let the 102 flags hanging in our clubrooms do the talking.

100% BULL;320892 said:
Clearly you have not followed my posts, I have a healthy respect for the Clappers. Its Epping I dont rate, and Macloed and many others. The old valley clubs have my utmost respect.

Back to the grandstand spectator.

Its people like you who don't even know how to spell the word MACLEOD, who I don't rate.

What issue(s ) do you have with MACLEOD CC anyway ?

riversider;320965 said:
Look im not being arrogant or anything. i will just let the 102 flags hanging in our clubrooms do the talking.

How many have you played in junior? Or are you just trading off other peoples success. Step up or step out

serg fernandez;320987 said:
Its people like you who don't even know how to spell the word MACLEOD, who I don't rate.

What issue(s ) do you have with MACLEOD CC anyway ?

Macleod couldnt even get 11 players on the field in C grade last round and it is thier highest placed team. They also had a none playing captain last year when we played them. They are a second rate club.

Back