DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

cold case;385136 said:
Thanks Craig. I do however rate myself as a very loyal person. Sometimes clubs can become very political. Take Bundoora for example. At the time the President was nothing short of a dictator. Almost sent the club into oblivion until wise heads took over. Players at the time wanted to progress as a club. Junior development and so forth. The committee were weak and were guilty of stealing other people's ideas. 6 of the best cricketers were lost. I would still be at Bundoora if it wasnt for this person and the weak committee.
I'm not on my own when it comes to multiple clubs at Bundoora.
Powell
Wunhym
Brad
Nicholas
Carland
Whitson
Pendles
Georgey
Scott
Young
Smart

All have been disloyal to one club or another over the years.

Lucky no one made any outragous statements about those guys then. I think your comments re the president and oblivion are pretty inaccurate.

100% BULL;385140 said:
Lucky no one made any outragous statements about those guys then. I think your comments re the president and oblivion are pretty inaccurate.

I wouldn't have expected you to say anything different.
I remember the first time I went back to the rooms, his first words were, " what are you doing here?" That was nice but to the credit of many blokes they agreed with me that he was finished.
The next time was at the team of the century. Some smart cookie decided to seat him directly behind me. His first words weren't g'day but "how do ya like playing with the wogs?" Followed by, " Did your first cheque bounce from the scumbags?". What a great bloke and a fine ambassador he has been. Water off a ducks back to me as I half expected to hear that garbage come out of his mouth. I do thank him though for helping me cross paths with all my great friends at Lalor.

cold case;385144 said:
I wouldn't have expected you to say anything different. I remember the first time I went back to the rooms, his first words were, " what are you doing here?" That was nice but to the credit of many blokes they agreed with me that he was finished.
The next time was at the team of the century. Some smart cookie decided to seat him directly behind me. His first words weren't g'day but "how do ya like playing with the wogs?" Followed by, " Did your first cheque bounce from the scumbags?". What a great bloke and a fine ambassador he has been. Water off a ducks back to me as I half expected to hear that garbage come out of his mouth. I do thank him though for helping me cross paths with all my great friends at Lalor.

I wouldnt say any different because it wasnt any different. The club is bigger than individuals, if individuals moved on then thats their decision and they dont need to justify it to anyone. My point again, is that the president didnt drive the club into oblivion, infact he oversaw a very successful on field era and set the foundation for the massive off field success we've enjoyed over the past five years. The same bloke was awarded life membership and is respected throughout the club.

cold case;385144 said:
I wouldn't have expected you to say anything different.
I remember the first time I went back to the rooms, his first words were, " what are you doing here?" That was nice but to the credit of many blokes they agreed with me that he was finished.

That was very sweet big fella, I think i am going to cry!

Good luck with finding out the results today. It would be a shame to have you retire. It would cost the DVCA 32 LBW decisions a year!

100% BULL;385149 said:
I wouldnt say any different because it wasnt any different. The club is bigger than individuals, if individuals moved on then thats their decision and they dont need to justify it to anyone. My point again, is that the president didnt drive the club into oblivion, infact he oversaw a very successful on field era and set the foundation for the massive off field success we've enjoyed over the past five years. The same bloke was awarded life membership and is respected throughout the club.

We have had issues like that at Eltham in the past. I don't know who you are talking about or the situation but:

If any more than 2 people leave a club because of a particular person, the guy is a cancer on the club. You do not want to have anyone leaving a club because of an individual. Things like that ruin your club, and the culture of the club.

As for being successful, Hitler was a very successful leader. Doesn't mean he was doing a good thing!

100% BULL;385149 said:

As I've said before Bundoora are a great club and I loved my time there, except for the last year when the wheels fell off. This bloke is a ****er and always will be in my mind. You can now name a trophy after him.

Tongs;384942 said:
I get asked this all the time from people, I am pretty good mates with Skips and he keeps his cards close to his chest. BUT if i was to answer your question, i would have to say that Skips is Eltham through and through. I have heard that he has been offered upto 3 times more than what Eltham have paid him over the years (not that we are tight ar$es, just that clubs have endless pits) yet he has never left.

I would be fairly confident that one of two things would happen. Either Skips would stay at Eltham regardless of what the situation is, OR he will retire!

I have heard over 100 rumours over the years about Skips, and yet they are all rubbish! He is one of very few stars that also has commitment. Possibly why he's the best bat in the comp!

I'll think you'll find Skips will drop dead before he leaves Eltham. He has that many offers, big dollar offers to move to other clubs, cricket and footy, and has stayed put. We have even tried some dirty tricks over the years to get him to our club. I'm sure he bleeds red & black.

Tongs;384926 said:
I will actually be in Africa whilst the derby is on. But i am thiking of paying the $2000 flights to come back just to put you over! Its a shame, the sledging with us is always entertaining!

I think we are even at the moment? I put you over last time, and you got me out. So its 1 all!

Is this one over, you claiming a six or even four because from what I remember It was a painstaking 22 of 67 overs to aviod an outright defeat and cost us finals, some of us still have nightmares about that forward defensive prod.

Elliot Smales 93 is one of the best dv knocks u are ever likely to see. Batted for 16 overs and made Bundooras reasonable attack look terrible.

riversider;385862 said:
Elliot Smales 93 is one of the best dv knocks u are ever likely to see. Batted for 16 overs and made Bundooras reasonable attack look terrible.

Not sure if it was won of the best knocks ever but it was a great innings, had a little luck, as most of us need, but certainly would have been great to watch if you weren't on the field trying to stop it happening.

Hard to argue with your last statement, but in there defence, the mood Elliot was in i'm not sure it would have mattered where the ball was pitched.....

Pity he didn't bat a little earlier, you might have been able to set us a reasonable target to chase:rolleyes:

riversider;385862 said:

Smaley can produce a great innings every now and then. Still a very getable total though!

Bundoora;385871 said:
Not sure if it was won of the best knocks ever but it was a great innings, had a little luck, as most of us need, but certainly would have been great to watch if you weren't on the field trying to stop it happening.

Hard to argue with your last statement, but in there defence, the mood Elliot was in i'm not sure it would have mattered where the ball was pitched.....

Pity he didn't bat a little earlier, you might have been able to set us a reasonable target to chase:rolleyes:

We're you on the receiving end yourself of the best innings ever seen in Diamond Valley cricket history? 260 is very gettable at Whatmough. I'd imagine there wouldn't be much grass on the outfield.

The430king;385887 said:
We're you on the receiving end yourself of the best innings ever seen in Diamond Valley cricket history? 260 is very gettable at Whatmough. I'd imagine there wouldn't be much grass on the outfield.

If your referring to Elliot's innings, yes he got me a few times towards the end of my spell, you might say i bowled him into form!

Bundoora;385890 said:
If your referring to Elliot's innings, yes he got me a few times towards the end of my spell, you might say i bowled him into form!

He obviously wasn't playing for the spin.
I remember we were 6/50 against Riverside chasing 230 odd. We got 7/270 with nearly 20 overs to go. 2 or 3 down at tea and Bundoora are a huge chance.

riversider;385862 said:
If it was any good he would have made a ton like many blokes have in the dv.

THE ICEMAN;385950 said:

So Smaley doubled his aggregate for the year in one innings, not exactly setting the world on fire, one knock batting after tea does not make a season.

A question - has there ever been a side relegated that had the competiton batting average winner and possibly player of the year??

THE ICEMAN;385950 said:

WanderingUnity;386136 said:
So Smaley doubled his aggregate for the year in one innings, not exactly setting the world on fire, one knock batting after tea does not make a season.

A question - has there ever been a side relegated that had the competiton batting average winner and possibly player of the year??

Two very harsh comments! The bloke was saying the one of the best knocks he has seen! And not that he is one of best bats, just that it was a great innings, not season!!

96 off 16 overs is a brilliant effort by anyone, who gives a shlte if he didn't get a ton, still a great hit! You two must be Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke to be bagging his effort!

As for your question, we have been in this position before. Skips Comp batting, Comp medal and JUST scrapped through! Fingers crossed we do it again!

Tongs;386138 said:
Two very harsh comments! The bloke was saying the one of the best knocks he has seen! And not that he is one of best bats, just that it was a great innings, not season!!

96 off 16 overs is a brilliant effort by anyone, who gives a shlte if he didn't get a ton, still a great hit! You two must be Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke to be bagging his effort!

As for your question, we have been in this position before. Skips Comp batting, Comp medal and JUST scrapped through! Fingers crossed we do it again!

They may need you to fly back from your walk about in the African jungles to scrape in from relegation pal.

As for your question, we have been in this position before. Skips Comp batting, Comp medal and JUST scrapped through! Fingers crossed we do it again![/QUOTE]

Well, I guess it could all come down to the clash in the 2nd last round to see who goes down....if Lower can chase the 70 more runs needed this week, then they are safe, but if North can't get through Volpe and Toppi, it is still all in the balance with 2 games to go.
Eltham to play 10th & 2nd, North to play 7th & 8th......and % is oh so close as well......

WanderingUnity;386136 said:

Mind you he went from 10 to 93 in 8 overs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back