DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

milo kerrigan;384132 said:
i agree with tongs but in reality sometimes it does not happen , some blokes like your minneys/keays/turner etc might not ask for much if any because of loyalty but to entice other players you might need to throw a little bit more at them and hope they stick around and give something back to the club. Have a look when the imports where playing i am sure some of them were getting more than established players and some of them made better taxi drivers than cricketers:D

you'd be on three hamburgers and a pie wouldnt ya milo!

A long time between drinks for the Lower Eltham lads...they are in the box seat, if they can get the 130 they need this week it will provide a big morale boost around the club. Can't see the Kangas getting relegated if they win this one. Too much quality in the line up.

North Eltham face three tough away games at Lalor, Epping and Riverside to finish off the season.

Eltham have a slightly more favourable draw, with home games against Epping and Bundoora and the derby with Lower Eltham too.

For mine, it's NEW back in the Money Shield, but would expect them to bounce back in the next few years, they have a really strong and sizeable junior program.

I'm on a rote;384233 said:
A long time between drinks for the Lower Eltham lads...they are in the box seat, if they can get the 130 they need this week it will provide a big morale boost around the club. Can't see the Kangas getting relegated if they win this one. Too much quality in the line up.

North Eltham face three tough away games at Lalor, Epping and Riverside to finish off the season.

Eltham have a slightly more favourable draw, with home games against Epping and Bundoora and the derby with Lower Eltham too.

For mine, it's NEW back in the Money Shield, but would expect them to bounce back in the next few years, they have a really strong and sizeable junior program.

What sort of rote are we talking about?

Well another round has gone and another couple of upset results. Very hard to pick any winners in this very even comp. On the season so far, who could of picked Research to beat Macleod and even Lower Eltham to beat Bundoora. Turnzy having a super game for the Searchers. After being stranded on 98, he decided to send his poopers down and take the lazy 7. Not a bad game and that perfomance could see him tighten into the comp medal.

The game I saw on the weekend saw Whitcher back to his best. Having a lean year by his standards, he changed the game with the ball (who would've of thought) and making a very graceful 78. It took a blinder of a catch to dismiss him, and very unlucky not to make a ton.

Very close game up at Epping seeing Diamond Creek get the chocolates. Well that defeat to Epping see them miss out on the 4 for one of the rare occasions in the past 8 years. I think so. It will be very hard to see them make the 4 from there, but you never know in this comp, and are Creekers a threat for the flag. Time will tell.

Tongs;384043 said:
Would love to see the 12yo's from NEW mouthing off if Lower Eltham, and Eltham get up this week! They have been lippy all year, might put them back in their box.

In saying that, neither Lower or Eltham are a certainty to win! Both need to play well above what they have been!

Its a shame the NEW kids are like this because the senior blokes are all quality guys, and would hate the young kids getting on here saying the things they do!

Eltham just couldn't quite get the job done Quinny. They looked like they would get over the line for a while. Oh well, you might have to read the North Eltham boys give you a gob full.

The430king;384767 said:
Well another round has gone and another couple of upset results. Very hard to pick any winners in this very even comp. On the season so far, who could of picked Research to beat Macleod and even Lower Eltham to beat Bundoora. Turnzy having a super game for the Searchers. After being stranded on 98, he decided to send his poopers down and take the lazy 7. Not a bad game and that perfomance could see him tighten into the comp medal.

Full credit to Research. They bowled 52 over up to break and didn't let up in the field all day. Too good in all aspects especially fielding. Slow start didn't help any batsman coming in mid order, which created too much pressure. Hopefully we can bounce back against Mernda at home just to throw a spanner into the works .

The430king;384769 said:
Eltham just couldn't quite get the job done Quinny. They looked like they would get over the line for a while. Oh well, you might have to read the North Eltham boys give you a gob full.

Season not over! And i never said that Eltham would win. We were in the box seat all day, til a fantastic 9th wicket wicket partnership!

Good to finally be off the crutches this week, but to see the Unit on them is not a good sight! Hope the knee heals quickly big fella!

Tongs;384798 said:
Season not over! And i never said that Eltham would win. We were in the box seat all day, til a fantastic 9th wicket wicket partnership!

Good to finally be off the crutches this week, but to see the Unit on them is not a good sight! Hope the knee heals quickly big fella!

Word around the traps is your going down the Ricky Ponting line in the chamber to get yourself up for the local Derby in round 10.

milo kerrigan;384132 said:
i agree with tongs but in reality sometimes it does not happen , some blokes like your minneys/keays/turner etc might not ask for much if any because of loyalty but to entice other players you might need to throw a little bit more at them and hope they stick around and give something back to the club. Have a look when the imports where playing i am sure some of them were getting more than established players and some of them made better taxi drivers than cricketers:D

LOYALTY, KEAYS.

I'd accept gun cricketer, high talented, DV legend, BCC team of the Century Member, Premiership Captain Coach, and I could go on, but LOYAL, please. The blokes played for six DVCA clubs.

I do agree with your sentiment, he has played for a lot less than he could've commanded.

100% BULL;384923 said:
LOYALTY, KEAYS.

I'd accept gun cricketer, high talented, DV legend, BCC team of the Century Member, Premiership Captain Coach, and I could go on, but LOYAL, please. The blokes played for six DVCA clubs.

I do agree with your sentiment, he has played for a lot less than he could've commanded.

Ok the unit has been to a few clubs :D

Vilos;384922 said:
Word around the traps is your going down the Ricky Ponting line in the chamber to get yourself up for the local Derby in round 10.

I will actually be in Africa whilst the derby is on. But i am thiking of paying the $2000 flights to come back just to put you over! Its a shame, the sledging with us is always entertaining!

I think we are even at the moment? I put you over last time, and you got me out. So its 1 all!

I'm on a rote;384233 said:

Although epping are travelling ok ladder wise and eltham in a bit of trouble this weeks game could be an upset..eppings batting has to be questionable..every second week bowled out for less than 100..and north eltham have them in coming weeks too?

vinnie bolzano;384928 said:
Although epping are travelling ok ladder wise and eltham in a bit of trouble this weeks game could be an upset..eppings batting has to be questionable..every second week bowled out for less than 100..and north eltham have them in coming weeks too?

Probably conicides with every second game they play at home.

Tongs;384926 said:
I will actually be in Africa whilst the derby is on. But i am thiking of paying the $2000 flights to come back just to put you over! Its a shame, the sledging with us is always entertaining!

I think we are even at the moment? I put you over last time, and you got me out. So its 1 all!

So Quinny(Sorry, Tongs!) If you were guys were to be relegated, whats the expectation on Mark Minney`s future? Heard that over the years Epping (amongst others) have thrown a fair bit of coin at him and that if Eltham get relegated he is thinking of taking the cash on offer. Another story has him going to Nth Eltham to play with a mate. Could not see him going to Epping to bat on that wicket every second game, not sure about Nth Eltham I know there a couple of coppers playing there. Or will he retire?

brutal;384941 said:
So Quinny(Sorry, Tongs!) If you were guys were to be relegated, whats the expectation on Mark Minney`s future? Heard that over the years Epping (amongst others) have thrown a fair bit of coin at him and that if Eltham get relegated he is thinking of taking the cash on offer. Another story has him going to Nth Eltham to play with a mate. Could not see him going to Epping to bat on that wicket every second game, not sure about Nth Eltham I know there a couple of coppers playing there. Or will he retire?

I get asked this all the time from people, I am pretty good mates with Skips and he keeps his cards close to his chest. BUT if i was to answer your question, i would have to say that Skips is Eltham through and through. I have heard that he has been offered upto 3 times more than what Eltham have paid him over the years (not that we are tight ar$es, just that clubs have endless pits) yet he has never left.

I would be fairly confident that one of two things would happen. Either Skips would stay at Eltham regardless of what the situation is, OR he will retire!

I have heard over 100 rumours over the years about Skips, and yet they are all rubbish! He is one of very few stars that also has commitment. Possibly why he's the best bat in the comp!

100% BULL;384923 said:
LOYALTY, KEAYS.

Thanks Craig. I do however rate myself as a very loyal person. Sometimes clubs can become very political. Take Bundoora for example. At the time the President was nothing short of a dictator. Almost sent the club into oblivion until wise heads took over. Players at the time wanted to progress as a club. Junior development and so forth. The committee were weak and were guilty of stealing other people's ideas. 6 of the best cricketers were lost. I would still be at Bundoora if it wasnt for this person and the weak committee.
I'm not on my own when it comes to multiple clubs at Bundoora.
Powell
Wunhym
Brad
Nicholas
Carland
Whitson
Pendles
Georgey
Scott
Young
Smart

All have been disloyal to one club or another over the years.

cold case;385136 said:
Thanks Craig. I do however rate myself as a very loyal person. Sometimes clubs can become very political. Take Bundoora for example. At the time the President was nothing short of a dictator. Almost sent the club into oblivion until wise heads took over. Players at the time wanted to progress as a club. Junior development and so forth. The committee were weak and were guilty of stealing other people's ideas. 6 of the best cricketers were lost. I would still be at Bundoora if it wasnt for this person and the weak committee.
I'm not on my own when it comes to multiple clubs at Bundoora.
Powell
Wunhym
Brad
Nicholas
Carland
Whitson
Pendles
Georgey
Scott
Young
Smart

All have been disloyal to one club or another over the years.

will you be playing this week CC?

vinnie bolzano;385137 said:
will you be playing this week CC?

Sorry to say my cricketing days are probably over. I was involved in a freak accident two weeks ago up Echuca. I have banged my knee up pretty bad. Find out more today. Put it this way, footballers miss 12 months with this injury. That should equate 3 years for me. Never say never.

No I will not be playing this week Vinnie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back