DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

milo kerrigan;387768 said:
i like bundoora believed a barclay vs money comp game would be good but after watching the money shield perform against a 3rd rate jika team then maybe the difference b/w comps is bigger than i thought, and now thinking maybe a lightning premiership type carnival is better.

why is that neither association promoted this game? they have guys doing the radio who basically know nothing about the players....and goodluck to anyone who wants a score, the only thing close to a score i can find 3 days after the event is cold cases post 3 posts back!!!

i guess you have to go to these games to find out what happens, but the NMCA names 25 players and the dvca still havent announced their A grade team on their website! i think if these games are going to continue the associations need to get behind them, especially publically!

they can be showcase games, but who are we showcasing when the radio guys dont know who's who and the assocaition websites dont put the teams or any results up!

northmetroboy;387911 said:
why is that neither association promoted this game? they have guys doing the radio who basically know nothing about the players....and goodluck to anyone who wants a score, the only thing close to a score i can find 3 days after the event is cold cases post 3 posts back!!!

i guess you have to go to these games to find out what happens, but the NMCA names 25 players and the dvca still havent announced their A grade team on their website! i think if these games are going to continue the associations need to get behind them, especially publically!

they can be showcase games, but who are we showcasing when the radio guys dont know who's who and the assocaition websites dont put the teams or any results up!

The DVCA head honchos lost interest and put these games in the too hard basket years ago. This is why Lovey and Gibbsy run the show, and do a fine job. It also explains why the late inclusions are mainly from Plenty or Riverside.
I have never really known the Valley to be too interested in these games as a whole. The only way I can see these games as entertaining is if they play 2 x 20/20 games. The first between Money and Jika 2's starting at 10 am and the next between Barclay and Jika 1's at 1.00 pm. I dont like the idea of a smash and giggle game on the bouncy wickets though. Cover drives as well as on and off drives are basically non existent anymore unless a half volley is bowled. Not conducive to great batting in my opinion. There aren't too many double header venues with the old wickets any more though.
Other than that I would go the way of the top 24 Barclay players head to head and on the other ground, the same with Money Shield.
As for the radio. The kids seem to be doing a decent job. Probably dont give enough information because they are young and basically only go off stats. Kev Marshall is a wealth of knowledge and definately paints the picture.

It seems the Barclay/Money shield comps (& within) are further apart than we think. There are 3 or 4 top sides in Barclay, a range of also-rans and some absolute no hopers like NEW (btw, what has happened at Eltham North this year?: internal fighting, poor performances, Captain batting at 6... so much for taking on the big boys this year - now they have been flung back to Money). Then in Money, there are 2 or 3 reasonable teams, 3 not bad sides and the rest couldn't beat LE's under 12's.

It is probably time for Pope Mark Maxwell, Cardinal Atkins and the other Vatican members to consider a 3-division top order, with 1 dayers being the emphasis.

Div1: Plenty, Macleod, Greensborough, LP, Bundy, LS, Mernda, DC, St F, Camrea
Div 2: YB, Riverside, Epping, SM, Research, NEW, Eltham, EC, Bundoora Park (from NMCA), Mont, BU, Strathwen Cougars (from NMCA)
Div 3: HB, PH, MP, WS, LE,TU, Rivergum (from NMCA), Lalor-West Lalor (from NMCA)

Waddya think Coldie?

The Daily Observer.... tomorrow's news today

The Daily Observer;387996 said:
It seems the Barclay/Money shield comps (& within) are further apart than we think. There are 3 or 4 top sides in Barclay, a range of also-rans and some absolute no hopers like NEW (btw, what has happened at Eltham North this year?: internal fighting, poor performances, Captain batting at 6... so much for taking on the big boys this year - now they have been flung back to Money). Then in Money, there are 2 or 3 reasonable teams, 3 not bad sides and the rest couldn't beat LE's under 12's.

It is probably time for Pope Mark Maxwell, Cardinal Atkins and the other Vatican members to consider a 3-division top order, with 1 dayers being the emphasis.

Div 2: YB, Riverside, Epping, SM, Research, NEW, Eltham, EC, Bundoora Park (from NMCA), Mont, BU, Strathwen Cougars (from NMCA)
Div 3: HB, PH, MP, WS, LE,TU, Rivergum (from NMCA), Lalor-West Lalor (from NMCA)

Waddya think Coldie?

How did you arrive at your three divisions? In my opinion the last thing the DVCA needs is another couple of NMCA clubs, they add very little to the competition. I also think one day cricket is second rate cricket.

Waddya think Coldie?

Don't have an issue with 3 divisions but make it 8 teams per div (7 x 2 dayer / 7 x 1dayer) and we don't need to bring anymore. Not sure how you came up with the split of teams. You comment on the standard between BS and MS is spot on there is only 2-3 decent teams in MS, also perfect opportunity to get rid of rabble in BS the bottom 4 sides.

wrongun;388003 said:
Don't have an issue with 3 divisions but make it 8 teams per div (7 x 2 dayer / 7 x 1dayer) and we don't need to bring anymore. Not sure how you came up with the split of teams. You comment on the standard between BS and MS is spot on there is only 2-3 decent teams in MS, also perfect opportunity to get rid of rabble in BS the bottom 4 sides.

Not bad chucker... I wonder if the exec ever listen???

Waddya think Coldie?

NEW to be in Division 4 by themselves after embarrassing themselves this year in Barclay. Actually send them to NMCA.

Waddya think Coldie?

You must have eaten some good mushies, your off your nut.

wrongun;388003 said:

And your basis for getting rid of the rabble is?

What constitutes rabble?

Would those Clubs at the top of the ladder be any better than what you would get rid of?

Nawab of Pautadi;388054 said:
And your basis for getting rid of the rabble is?

What constitutes rabble?

Would those Clubs at the top of the ladder be any better than what you would get rid of?

Sorry should read:

Would those Clubs at the top of the ladder in Money Shield be any better than what you would get rid of?

Teapicker;388022 said:
NEW to be in Division 4 by themselves after embarrassing themselves this year in Barclay. Actually send them to NMCA.

Bit rich coming from a dodgy cricketer.

Nawab of Pautadi;388055 said:
Sorry should read:

Would those Clubs at the top of the ladder in Money Shield be any better than what you would get rid of?

Maybe LP & GB would hold there own, but thats why you would drop it back to 8 teams and create 3 divisions with no easy games, when you have teams winning 3 games or less for the season they are obviously not competitive.

Keep relegation / promotion and if clubs are strong enough they will get back

Lower plenty as they have experience and a good spread of senior players that both bat and bowl.
greensborough, please, have been reversed outright, struggle to make runs and will make the finals on the back of some steady to good bowling.
camrea as old as they are at least have a gun quick to help get into teams middle order, but with the age of their team, longevity will be the issue. the bats on the back of one player, would struggle up without picking up a couple of stars, Mobilia and big Ronnie no spring chickens. Franks, young but improving group, experience consistency will always be the issue. interested to hear from the people that have played against NEW why the reasons why they didn't do well. it's easy to get on and say that they were crap, but interested in the thoughts why?

one shot;388074 said:
Lower plenty as they have experience and a good spread of senior players that both bat and bowl.
greensborough, please, have been reversed outright, struggle to make runs and will make the finals on the back of some steady to good bowling.
camrea as old as they are at least have a gun quick to help get into teams middle order, but with the age of their team, longevity will be the issue. the bats on the back of one player, would struggle up without picking up a couple of stars, Mobilia and big Ronnie no spring chickens. Franks, young but improving group, experience consistency will always be the issue. interested to hear from the people that have played against NEW why the reasons why they didn't do well. it's easy to get on and say that they were crap, but interested in the thoughts why?

I think that NEW have been fair this year. We have to remember that they probably weren't primed to win last years final, but did. All kudos to them but realistically they were probably the 4th best performed team last year in Money Shield.
So what does it take to be competitive in Barclay Shield. Batting 80 overs is a perogative. The Wanderers cant do this because they are still playing Money Shield mode. Playing across the line against better bowlers than they are batsmen. They only possess trundlers with the ball that bowl ok. What hits the new bowlers is that the batsmen sit on them longer and break them quicker. They, like any other team that comes up, have to find a way to survive in Barclay because it only gets easier. Players adapt with time and it is the 2nd year that makes average cricketers into consistent and more wiser ones. Unfortunately NEW dont have that WOW factor. A gun cricketer or express quickie. This eradicates the bluff factor that can play a major role.
NEW in my opinion are about an 80 over side. If they hold on, next year they maybe a 100-110 over team. For example. I think that Lalor Stars always play 2 good sessions, 1 ok and 1 bad. Thus making us a 120 over team.

Too Easy;388068 said:
Bit rich coming from a dodgy cricketer.

If you think 1 win in a season is acceptable you are obviously one of the pea hearts that bat in their middle order, that has shown very little ticker this year. Word around the other Barclay Clubs is that your gone, not to return for a very long time.

THE ICEMAN;388045 said:
You must have eaten some good mushies, your off your nut.

Spot on you have dropped LE from Barclay shield and put them into 3rd Division with all the bottom teams from MS would be a waste of time.

How you came up with these divisions is puzzling you talk about the rabble that the bottom 4 are put 4 teams from MS into the top Division, trying to even out the comps or are you just a delusional person with no understanding of the game of cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back