DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

captain cuzz;236751 said:
As I posted in the other thread...

I spotted one Terrence Keays today, looking very sharp!

Looks like he's lost about 25 kilo, like a man at the peak of his powers.

I've said one man can't make the difference, but if Stars' bats can fire early on, and if Keays can bowl as good as he's looking, who knows..?

Mouth watering opener to the round - Baker vs. Keays, if I wasn't playing I'd love to go and watch that one, aparently Bakes is looking pretty good too.

so keaysy looks like he has lost 25 kilos still 20kg over weight:D:D

Epping
Plenty
Bundoora
Riverside
Diamond Creek
Lower Plenty
Macleod
Research
Lalor Stars
Lower Eltaham
Eltham
Mernda

bat11dontbowl;236701 said:
any chance of us actually talking some cricket on here peeps?

hears my ladder prediction for 08/09

Plenty
Epping
Riverside
Research
Diamond Creek
Bundoora
Lower Plenty
Mernda
Lower Eltaham
Eltham
Lalor Stars
Macleod

anyone else wanna through in at ladder?

I'll have a crack:

Plenty
Epping
Bundoora
Lower Plenty

Macleod
Lower Eltham
Diamond Creek
Riverside
Lalor Stars
Eltham
Research
Mernda

CricketBox;236718 said:
Impossible to pick my ladder before I see some results boys. Very difficult.

Anyway, this is all I could come up with........sorry!

WILL DEFINITELY MAKE FINALS
Epping

SHOULD PLAY FINALS
Riverside
Plenty
Lower Plenty
Bundoora
Diamond Creek

MIGHT MAKE FINALS
Lower Eltham
Research
Lalor Stars
Mernda

WONT PLAY FINALS
Eltham

NO IDEA
Macleod

But, as I said. This will all probably change by rounds 3-4.

That is the most stupid thing I have ever read you have 10 sides that might or will make the finals ?

The Wizz;236819 said:
That is the most stupid thing I have ever read you have 10 sides that might or will make the finals ?

Not might or will at all mate but will, should and might, you did not read it properly. As I said in the little bit before I gave my opinions on the teams, it is too early to predict who will finish where until we see some results.

The only certainty is Epping to play finals. Then a few who SHOULD and then some who MIGHT, one who WONT and one NO IDEA.

Was that too hard to understand?

Do you think you could name a full ladder acurately before the season starts?

As you are the best at knowing everything could you please tell me who will win all major Spring Carnival races this year so I can make some quick money and at least get something out of the trash you serve up on here?

Thanks in advance.

CricketBox;236849 said:
As you are the best at knowing everything could you please tell me who will win all major Spring Carnival races this year so I can make some quick money and at least get something out of the trash you serve up on here?

Thanks in advance.

A horse.

bat11dontbowl;236701 said:
any chance of us actually talking some cricket on here peeps?

hears my ladder prediction for 08/09

Plenty
Epping
Riverside
Research
Diamond Creek
Bundoora
Lower Plenty
Mernda
Lower Eltaham
Eltham
Lalor Stars
Macleod

anyone else wanna through in at ladder?

I am not a Barclay Shield player/club member, can i still post? :D

Macleod shoud go okay with some of their batsman being pretty strong, there bowling attack will be the weak link, expect them to amass some decent scores against middle of the road sides.

I think Epping will have a lull this year, especially if any of these so called star teams like Plenty and Riverside can contain the Hirst Bro's and their show pony batsmen actually get runs against a side that has minimal batting ability compared to the rest of the 'BIG' teams in Barclay!

My top four would be;

Plenty
Epping
Riverside
Lalor Stars

* Mover and Shaker???

captain cuzz;265675 said:
Is it just me or has the old DVCA thread been removed from the forum?

Yeah I think the whole site was sick of hearing the bitching and dribble between the Money Shield clubs so deleted the thread. Said very much with tongue in check :D

I messaged one of the administrators to see what the deal was with the DVCA board... here is the reply:

Ljp86 said:
BigCricket underwent a merge last night with another cricket forum by the name of simplycricket, basically, BC absorbed SC.

SC's posts and information merged into our site fine however some of BC's posts and membernames located in the database went missing due to a problem with our host server. Some of it was able to be recovered whilst some couldn't be retrieved. The DVCA thread was one of those.

Our techs are still working on the merge so hopefully some more things will be able to be recovered. For now, you can start up another thread on the DVCA, perhaps a thread for the Money Shield (Second Division) as the first division guys seem to want their own thread.

I can't guarantee that the original thread will be recovered.

We are playing donvale this sat at Plenty. It will be interesting as it will be the first hit on the new deck in a match. We used it at training on sunday and it played just as well as Elthams, but who knows what it will do in the future.

I've got pretty good mail that Mernda was trying to organise a game against Mill Park which was going ahead until MPCC asked if MCC were at full strength or not..

When the answer "yes" came back, Mill Park pulled the pin!

Looks like money (allegedly) can't buy blokes willing to have a crack against a Barclay Shield side! ;)

Even though it's only a practice match and Mernda are tipped to be also rans this year, the game could have gone a bit of a way to showing the real gap between Barclay and Money.

captain cuzz;265800 said:
I've got pretty good mail that Mernda was trying to organise a game against Mill Park which was going ahead until MPCC asked if MCC were at full strength or not..

Looks like money (allegedly) can't buy blokes willing to have a crack against a Barclay Shield side! ;)

Even though it's only a practice match and Mernda are tipped to be also rans this year, the game could have gone a bit of a way to showing the real gap between Barclay and Money.

You're treading a fine line my friend... mentioning a Money side in a Barclay forum. That sorta stuff is just calling for scathing attacks (just joking boys :D).

Umm, just curious lads... whilst some of you are in the mood for predictions, who are your 'roughies' for players that will burst on to the scene this season? Any young blokes showing a bit at training at this early point?

I reckon it might have a lot to do with not wanting Snowy Elworthy within 500 feet of the ground......I have a fair idea that Mill Park had never approached Mernda,they seem to keep to themselves at Redleap.

I thought the elite wanted to get away from the other thread so they didn't have to associate or mention the supposed inferior Money Shield yet you seem to be obsessed with degrading people who just want to improve themselves and play the best cricket they can.

Grow up.

bigcricket007;265808 said:
You're treading a fine line my friend... mentioning a Money side in a Barclay forum. That sorta stuff is just calling for scathing attacks (just joking boys :D).

Umm, just curious lads... whilst some of you are in the mood for predictions, who are your 'roughies' for players that will burst on to the scene this season? Any young blokes showing a bit at training at this early point?

There is a young bloke at Eltham by the name of Keith Davidson that is just about ready to burst onto the scene, outstanding batsman and has been training the house down!!

both the Still's from Lower Eltham have a lot of talent, Scott Barnett from Lower Plenty could be anything aswell, there are a few at Diamo that will be very good players in the future. Will be interesting to see how Dalton goes in subbies with the mouth he has on him!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back