DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

search08-09;294073 said:
With the One-Dayer this week, any prediction changes?, any teams that will be suited to the shorter format?, i would not be suprised if some big upsets were to occur

Bundoora tend to struggle with the one day format. A couple of changes to the two day side should see Bundoora get home.

the swedish chef;293826 said:
were those guys sitting near the bar or on the other side off the ground? i dont see a problem with it if they are sitting on the other side.

YOu are a dead set goose! Firstly, clubs go to so much effort to get their ground up to scratch, that their reward is the financial benefit of hosting the game! To have a club bring their own tent, own food and alchohl is a disgrace! The whole point of klocal cricket is to hang around and have a beer after the game with the opposition. Who would want to do that if you are a back of selfish bastards bringing your own?

And byy the way, alcohol licences, are generally for the club rooms, or just outside the door. If the cops were to come down and be pains in the bums (I would have used another word but a mod might tell me off) who do you think loses their licence? Not the club that brought it down, ELtham!

Don't always think about your own club! I know, I will always buy a drink from the opposition even if I don't want one. We should all be supporting the other clubs, thats what makes our comp the best!

The430king;293981 said:
You must be kidding pal. A club works there backside off to put on a good event and members from other clubs s@#t in there face by bringing there own piss and selling it. Give us all a spell pal.

if it is an event than i agree people should pay but if it is just a standard game than i am not walking around to get beers [to much exercise] and i agree i would not be selling it. we have had opposition players come to our ground and sat on the other side and brought there own slabs which i have no problem with.

the swedish chef;294115 said:
if it is an event than i agree people should pay but if it is just a standard game than i am not walking around to get beers [to much exercise] and i agree i would not be selling it. we have had opposition players come to our ground and sat on the other side and brought there own slabs which i have no problem with.

Seriously, how do you manage to type this crap with no hands? Surely you hhave your hand else where?

search08-09;294073 said:
With the One-Dayer this week, any prediction changes?, any teams that will be suited to the shorter format?, i would not be suprised if some big upsets were to occur

Good call, one-dayers can be a bit of a leveller I reckon and all teams will give themselves a chance. As I am on holidays (yes life is hard and the pub is not open yet) I have had a look as some history and here is my opinions on this weeks games.

Research v Epping - In rounds 1 and 2 Research only managed 151 and 140 (V LE and Riverside). Epping, on both occasions made more runs than that so it should be a lay down for me, Epping. Toppy to hit a monster on the small ground.

Plenty v Lalor Stars - Plenty lost both Rounds 1 and 2 (v LP and Bundoora) whilst LS had a draw and a win over Eltham. This tends you to lean towards Lalor and I agree with that. Should be a good game I would be looking at fireworks from Curtin and Rosbrook at Plenty and Volpe and some Keaysey action for the Stars. Probably a good game not to park your car around the rather smallish ground.

Macleod v Lower Plenty - Lower Plenty were 1-1 afer the first 2 rounds posting 200 runs both games (v Plenty and Diamo). Macleod won a close one over Riverside and lost a really close one aganst Lower Eltham. Shows that it should be a good game but recent form has me heavily leaning to Lower Plenty. Waddingham will need to hit a big one (and is capable) but there is the Zarafa and Arnburger factor that, with a few others, can post another large 40 over innings.

Lower Eltham v Bundoora - Lower Eltham started well winning the first 2, the second game closely. Bundoora had a shocker in round 1 (AO68) but came back to easily defeat Plenty in Round 2. Lower Eltham have a decent batting line up and I would look for Gunny to hit a few and Whitcher as well, Bundooras bowlers will have to be on (as we know they can be) but I can't see Bundoora having the hitters to put on a reasonable score here and a win for Lower Eltham.

Riverside v Mernda - Riverside lost a close one in round 1 to Macleod and easily accounted for Research the next week. Mernda had the draw and won a tight one against Epping in round 2. Should be a close one with the obvious Baker takes wickets or Gibbsy smashes runs (like the comp game, for anyone that saw that....) to be the decider. Going for what, by the ladder says, will be an upset and reckon Riverside will win at home.

Eltham v Diamond Creek - Pretty easy to throw this game away as an easy Diamond Creek win. In round 1 they easily accounted for Bundoora and then hit 250 againts Lower Plenty in Round 2. Eltham chased and failed both games against scores they would have backed themselves to get. Seems like Minney needs to hit a few (have we said this before) and they will need cameos from Willo, Hally and Stuey Biddle (who always used to be good for a smashing quick few in the past) But with the Glynns, Milner and Hanson all really capable to make a quick score this is a Diamo win.

Calm down Tongs, whilst most here would agree with you, TSC is allowed his opinion and allowed to live his life the way he wants.

Tongs;294363 said:
Seriously, how do you manage to type this crap with no hands? Surely you hhave your hand else where?

yeah on a beer :D i will always have a couple of beers at opposition clubs and i believe all teams do this. your kidding yourself if 1-2 measly slabs are going to make a difference to a clubs bank balance.

the swedish chef;293826 said:
were those guys sitting near the bar or on the other side off the ground? i dont see a problem with it if they are sitting on the other side.

YOu are a dead set goose! Firstly, clubs go to so much effort to get their ground up to scratch, that their reward is the financial benefit of hosting the game! To have a club bring their own tent, own food and alchohl is a disgrace! The whole point of klocal cricket is to hang around and have a beer after the game with the opposition. Who would want to do that if you are a back of selfish bastards bringing your own?

And byy the way, alcohol licences, are generally for the club rooms, or just outside the door. If the cops were to come down and be pains in the bums (I would have used another word but a mod might tell me off) who do you think loses their licence? Not the club that brought it down, ELtham!

Don't always think about your own club! I know, I will always buy a drink from the opposition even if I don't want one. We should all be supporting the other clubs, thats what makes our comp the best!

Tongs;294362 said:

Quinny,

Eltham's ground isn't in great nick because of anything the cricket club (or footy club) did. It was fixed up by the council, and the council select the grounds on an "as needs" basis. Which grounds are in the worst nick, which ones get used a lot, etc.

Having said that, there is indeed a huge financial benefit to hosting a grand final (particularly the DVCA's showpiece grand final). I think for another club to try and leverage off that for their own benefit is disgraceful. Epping or DC (still don't know which club did it) should be ashamed of themselves if these allegations are true.

I would however, draw a line between bringing your own grog and what happened at the grand final. I don't think everyone should be expected to walk right around the ground and back every time they want a beer. Perhaps as a suggestion to Eltham (and to stop any club that thinks of setting up their own beer tent in the future) they could set up a temporary bar on the other side of the ground, similar to what Mont used to do at the Lightning Premiership?

If it happens again, send Skips around there and ask to see their liquor license :D

the swedish chef;294115 said:

the_interloper;290748 said:
So you wouldn't take First Class runs into account when recruiting a player to a DV club? Fair enough he hasn't made a heap of runs (yet, there's still a few games left) but i'd think any club in the DV would have jumped at the chance to recruit a former state opener.

Do I have to spell it out for you, Brent would have been excited to see Cheesey, I would have at Bundoora to. My point is, and as proven after 6 rounds, there is still a guy up the other end running at you with a ball, and it only takes one good ball to ruin your day. Reputations and track record dont hit balls to the fence.

I hope both of them get a lot of runs, as long as it isn't against the Bulls.

Calm down Tongs, whilst most here would agree with you, TSC is allowed his opinion and allowed to live his life the way he wants.

another_ton;291772 said:
10 out of 14, sounds a bit like the black vs white ratio!

Little bit scared of the black man coming over here and invading your cricket competition? That is just a dumb racist jibe from an absolute tool.

If you got any balls why not show your face down at Bundoora saturday night and repeat your your racist crap.

Tongs;294363 said:

yeah on a beer :D i will always have a couple of beers at opposition clubs and i believe all teams do this. your kidding yourself if 1-2 measly slabs are going to make a difference to a clubs bank balance.

CowCorner;294262 said:
Good call, one-dayers can be a bit of a leveller I reckon and all teams will give themselves a chance. As I am on holidays (yes life is hard and the pub is not open yet) I have had a look as some history and here is my opinions on this weeks games.

Research v Epping - In rounds 1 and 2 Research only managed 151 and 140 (V LE and Riverside). Epping, on both occasions made more runs than that so it should be a lay down for me, Epping. Toppy to hit a monster on the small ground.

Plenty v Lalor Stars - Plenty lost both Rounds 1 and 2 (v LP and Bundoora) whilst LS had a draw and a win over Eltham. This tends you to lean towards Lalor and I agree with that. Should be a good game I would be looking at fireworks from Curtin and Rosbrook at Plenty and Volpe and some Keaysey action for the Stars. Probably a good game not to park your car around the rather smallish ground.

Macleod v Lower Plenty - Lower Plenty were 1-1 afer the first 2 rounds posting 200 runs both games (v Plenty and Diamo). Macleod won a close one over Riverside and lost a really close one aganst Lower Eltham. Shows that it should be a good game but recent form has me heavily leaning to Lower Plenty. Waddingham will need to hit a big one (and is capable) but there is the Zarafa and Arnburger factor that, with a few others, can post another large 40 over innings.

Lower Eltham v Bundoora - Lower Eltham started well winning the first 2, the second game closely. Bundoora had a shocker in round 1 (AO68) but came back to easily defeat Plenty in Round 2. Lower Eltham have a decent batting line up and I would look for Gunny to hit a few and Whitcher as well, Bundooras bowlers will have to be on (as we know they can be) but I can't see Bundoora having the hitters to put on a reasonable score here and a win for Lower Eltham.

Riverside v Mernda - Riverside lost a close one in round 1 to Macleod and easily accounted for Research the next week. Mernda had the draw and won a tight one against Epping in round 2. Should be a close one with the obvious Baker takes wickets or Gibbsy smashes runs (like the comp game, for anyone that saw that....) to be the decider. Going for what, by the ladder says, will be an upset and reckon Riverside will win at home.

Eltham v Diamond Creek - Pretty easy to throw this game away as an easy Diamond Creek win. In round 1 they easily accounted for Bundoora and then hit 250 againts Lower Plenty in Round 2. Eltham chased and failed both games against scores they would have backed themselves to get. Seems like Minney needs to hit a few (have we said this before) and they will need cameos from Willo, Hally and Stuey Biddle (who always used to be good for a smashing quick few in the past) But with the Glynns, Milner and Hanson all really capable to make a quick score this is a Diamo win.

Great stats pal. geez you must be bored stupid?

Tongs;294362 said:

Quinny,

Eltham's ground isn't in great nick because of anything the cricket club (or footy club) did. It was fixed up by the council, and the council select the grounds on an "as needs" basis. Which grounds are in the worst nick, which ones get used a lot, etc.

Having said that, there is indeed a huge financial benefit to hosting a grand final (particularly the DVCA's showpiece grand final). I think for another club to try and leverage off that for their own benefit is disgraceful. Epping or DC (still don't know which club did it) should be ashamed of themselves if these allegations are true.

I would however, draw a line between bringing your own grog and what happened at the grand final. I don't think everyone should be expected to walk right around the ground and back every time they want a beer. Perhaps as a suggestion to Eltham (and to stop any club that thinks of setting up their own beer tent in the future) they could set up a temporary bar on the other side of the ground, similar to what Mont used to do at the Lightning Premiership?

If it happens again, send Skips around there and ask to see their liquor license :D

100% BULL;294488 said:
Little bit scared of the black man coming over here and invading your cricket competition? That is just a dumb racist jibe from an absolute tool.

If you got any balls why not show your face down at Bundoora saturday night and repeat your your racist crap.

are you going to be waiting for him are you??????

the_interloper;290748 said:
So you wouldn't take First Class runs into account when recruiting a player to a DV club? Fair enough he hasn't made a heap of runs (yet, there's still a few games left) but i'd think any club in the DV would have jumped at the chance to recruit a former state opener.

Do I have to spell it out for you, Brent would have been excited to see Cheesey, I would have at Bundoora to. My point is, and as proven after 6 rounds, there is still a guy up the other end running at you with a ball, and it only takes one good ball to ruin your day. Reputations and track record dont hit balls to the fence.

I hope both of them get a lot of runs, as long as it isn't against the Bulls.

PremiersAgain;294540 said:

Been a little quiet of late Della, yeah I'll be at Bundoora saturday night. Have you worked out wether you'll be at Whatmore Park or Plenty Park?

another_ton;291772 said:

It is easy to spit out the racist crap from behind a keyboard and not put your name or club to it.

I'm sick of the ill-informed crap that comes from this site that is race driven. I'm also sick of people like snowy who pedal their ignorance as he did last saturday on the cricket show. He would have listeners believe that Bundoora is a club of paid players, most of which we have brought over from other countries and that our juniors are suffering because of it. Our senior team is storng and our junior program is the strongest its been for ten years.

So put your name and club to your comments and you'll have some credibility.

CowCorner;294262 said:

Great stats pal. geez you must be bored stupid?

I dont know how much truth there is to this rumour, but is it true that the imported srilankans ? lost their australian visas and were asked to go back home ?

100% BULL;294488 said:

fmr_13;294627 said:
I dont know how much truth there is to this rumour, but is it true that the imported srilankans ? lost their australian visas and were asked to go back home ?

Doubt it, one of them got here when he didn't have one in the first place. Its all about who you know. As for 100% Bull a frustrated past president I doubt you'd be at your club on a Saturday night anyway. And having a go at my mate Snowy, maybe you should put your hand up and run the radio promoting our competition. Finally your little rant about racism, please.. Played against you enough to laugh at that comment mate.

PremiersAgain;294540 said:

Been a little quiet of late Della, yeah I'll be at Bundoora saturday night. Have you worked out wether you'll be at Whatmore Park or Plenty Park?

another_ton;294669 said:
Doubt it, one of them got here when he didn't have one in the first place. Its all about who you know. As for 100% Bull a frustrated past president I doubt you'd be at your club on a Saturday night anyway. And having a go at my mate Snowy, maybe you should put your hand up and run the radio promoting our competition. Finally your little rant about racism, please.. Played against you enough to laugh at that comment mate.

Frustrated...couldn't be further from the truth, the clubs never been stronger and the future has never looked brighter.

If you'd played against me then you'd know that I dont go near racist crap like that, there would be plenty of other things to sledge you and others about.

Also I'm not knocking snowy for having a go, I'm questioning his understanding of my club, which he appears to have little of. My suggestion is that if you are going to start talking about something in a public forum, make sure you have your facts right.

Still haven't mentioned your name or club?

It is easy to spit out the racist crap from behind a keyboard and not put your name or club to it.

I'm sick of the ill-informed crap that comes from this site that is race driven. I'm also sick of people like snowy who pedal their ignorance as he did last saturday on the cricket show. He would have listeners believe that Bundoora is a club of paid players, most of which we have brought over from other countries and that our juniors are suffering because of it. Our senior team is storng and our junior program is the strongest its been for ten years.

So put your name and club to your comments and you'll have some credibility.

100% BULL;294877 said:
Frustrated...couldn't be further from the truth, the clubs never been stronger and the future has never looked brighter.

If you'd played against me then you'd know that I dont go near racist crap like that, there would be plenty of other things to sledge you and others about.

Also I'm not knocking snowy for having a go, I'm questioning his understanding of my club, which he appears to have little of. My suggestion is that if you are going to start talking about something in a public forum, make sure you have your facts right.

100% Bull - would not waste to many more precious moments on this Muppet - "another_ton".

His name obviously refers to the number of times he strokes himself everyday rather than his batting ability!!

If he has played plenty of cricket against you, to know how well you sledge, then he is obviously just another very average C grade cricketer and has no right to comment on the Barclay Shield scene. (no disrespect to your good self)

Yes we will all be waiting for him on Saturday night.
What a Flog!!
Merry Christmas.

Especially from someone that has a few different log ins......(yes as a Mod I know another_ton has a few) I doubt you should take him seriously.

I would hope that racism would be the last thing we would need to correct here in this comp in this day and age.

Lets cool down and respect all clubs and all players.

Although I am interested in what was said on the show last Sat by Snow? Any help?

fmr_13;294627 said:

100% BULL;294585 said:

Been a very busy man lately mate. Why would i be at Whatmore Park?

another_ton;294669 said:

another_ton;291772 said:

i have seen you talking trash about bundoora on the c grade and below forum also, obviously just a very frustrated man hiding behind a computer screen?

100% BULL;294877 said:

100% Bull - would not waste to many more precious moments on this Muppet - "another_ton".

His name obviously refers to the number of times he strokes himself everyday rather than his batting ability!!

If he has played plenty of cricket against you, to know how well you sledge, then he is obviously just another very average C grade cricketer and has no right to comment on the Barclay Shield scene. (no disrespect to your good self)

Yes we will all be waiting for him on Saturday night.
What a Flog!!
Merry Christmas.

CowCorner;294905 said:
Especially from someone that has a few different log ins......(yes as a Mod I know another_ton has a few) I doubt you should take him seriously.

I would hope that racism would be the last thing we would need to correct here in this comp in this day and age.

Although I am interested in what was said on the show last Sat by Snow? Any help?

nothing to dramatic, he mentioned in his "say" that should the comp look at putting a limit on the number of "imports" a club can have. i think the ill informed part is the money being mentioned on offer, a long way from what Snow mentioned, not that it's anyones buisness.
i have no issue with the radio show having comments, it's a talking point within the comp & they have every right to discuss it but would be good to get both sides of the argument across , it would be good to get the thoughts of Peter BUGDEN from Lalor Staras, who started the ball rolling. Lalor stars i think will have 4 imports as of this week, there latest made a 100 in the ICL 20/20 a few weeks ago!!

if that's the path they need to go down good luck, talking to Keaysy they have not got a lot of depth at the minute and they feel that's the best way to have success, good luck to them.

i note that the main arguments are that it's a short term solution ( totally agree ) and clubs can't sustain success going down this path ( probably right, but time will be the judge if that ) we currently have two imports, although we have 2 indians, from asia, not native americans, who also play so from an outsiders perspective we must suddenly be paying 4 players from other countries, could be 5 if there mate who's just arrived is as good a bat as i think it is.

In closing , we pay 3 players, Myself, Dinesh & Ravindra & i pick the best side week in week out regardless of there country of birth.

Bundoora;295326 said:
[/B]

nothing to dramatic, he mentioned in his "say" that should the comp look at putting a limit on the number of "imports" a club can have. i think the ill informed part is the money being mentioned on offer, a long way from what Snow mentioned, not that it's anyones buisness.
i have no issue with the radio show having comments, it's a talking point within the comp & they have every right to discuss it but would be good to get both sides of the argument across , it would be good to get the thoughts of Peter BUGDEN from Lalor Staras, who started the ball rolling. Lalor stars i think will have 4 imports as of this week, there latest made a 100 in the ICL 20/20 a few weeks ago!!

if that's the path they need to go down good luck, talking to Keaysy they have not got a lot of depth at the minute and they feel that's the best way to have success, good luck to them.

i note that the main arguments are that it's a short term solution ( totally agree ) and clubs can't sustain success going down this path ( probably right, but time will be the judge if that ) we currently have two imports, although we have 2 indians, from asia, not native americans, who also play so from an outsiders perspective we must suddenly be paying 4 players from other countries, could be 5 if there mate who's just arrived is as good a bat as i think it is.

In closing , we pay 3 players, Myself, Dinesh & Ravindra & i pick the best side week in week out regardless of there country of birth.

i would not hold my breathe waiting for zaheer to turn up but if he does than i guess keays will be playing seconds:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back