DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

Otis;297406 said:
Well done to Luke Burgoyne, who, according to the DVCA website "ripped through" Bundoora on Saturday to take home career best BS figures of 6/67.

He's been doing a bit tough lately, hasn't been in great form, and I actually had a bit of a chat to him before the washed out first week of this round, tried to fire him up and motivate him a little bit.

I take no credit for his performance, but it seems that having an occasional H-grader tell a BS opening bowler that he's bowling pies and to start hitting the pitch with something resembling pace does wonders for the fire in the belly!

Another great win by Lower Eltham, again silencing the doubters who constantly bleat about them being "due" for a loss each week.

They haven't lost yet, have been cruelly denied a 100% record by rain in the second week against a Mernda side who were 8/50 odd and have developed a knack for getting themselves out some tight spots - a sign of a good team.

Congratulations to Poyz and the team on a fantastic start to the season!

The real challenge lies ahead, of course, so let's hope the boys keep up the great work into the New Year.

Totally agree with you about burgs. His spot could of been jeopardy if he hadn't taken a few on the weekend, with Roota taking 5 in the magoos. With Chrisso going down, he knew he had to stand up and lead the attack, and what a great way to respond. Back into contention for the medal and club Champion.

They seem to respond to any challenge thrown at them. They were in a bit of trouble a couple times and responded as good sides do. Well lead and confidence in the camp is sky high.

another_ton;298022 said:
I'd be very, very, very surprised if there was any money left over for the home grown boys mate. Adams is getting on a bit these days anyway.

hope stu doesn't read this, he thinks he's got rid of all the grey hairs...

Bundoora;295397 said:
very good point Shane, i can only speak for my club, but i know we spend less now than we have any other year in the last 10 years, if it starts to get to the point of stupidity, i'm sure the executive appointed to run our comp will knock it on the head.

Come on mate, if Stuey Adams isn't getting a cent from Bundoora then I'll throw some coin at him next year! I would be very, very, very surprised if he isn't getting something Brad.

Now at the half way mark of the season and the top 2 you would thinkare set.
Who will get the spoon and drop down to Money ????
Eltham
Riverside
Lower Plenty
Macleod
Research
They would be the prime candidates?????

Kingofthevalley;298020 said:
Come on mate, if Stuey Adams isn't getting a cent from Bundoora then I'll throw some coin at him next year! I would be very, very, very surprised if he isn't getting something Brad.

I'd be very, very, very surprised if there was any money left over for the home grown boys mate. Adams is getting on a bit these days anyway.

No Good at cricket;298085 said:
Eltham
Riverside
Lower Plenty
Macleod
Research
We all know trying to tip local cricket is nearly impossible, with every side capable of do something on their day to upset the favourites.
For the arguement however - assume the top sides will beat the lower sides in each match ( ballsy prediction that I know).
That would leave Macleod, Lower Plenty & Eltham with no more wins up until round 11 where Lower Plenty plays Eltham!!

By the same prediction, the top four would be Lower Eltham 63, Mernda 54, Epping 51, Creek 39 in on % from Bundoora 39.

Sure to be some cracking matches in the last few rounds.
Good luck to all.

Come on mate, if Stuey Adams isn't getting a cent from Bundoora then I'll throw some coin at him next year! I would be very, very, very surprised if he isn't getting something Brad.[/QUOTE

looks like you are very,very,very suprised then!!

i'd have no issue if he was paid, he's been our best performed player the last 3 seasons and has certainly been a big help to myself, on & off the field

i can tell you Stu does not get any money. the only thing he gets out of playing, like others in "A" grade, is his weekly umpires fees paid.

the club has an incentive option available to all players at the end of the season - ie - x amount of runs or wickets , which is also available to all.

If he takes 30+ he'll get something, but missing the next two games might make that difficult.

By all means give him a buzz & offer what you like, i don't like your chances though.....

THE PREZ;298164 said:
We all know trying to tip local cricket is nearly impossible, with every side capable of do something on their day to upset the favourites.
For the arguement however - assume the top sides will beat the lower sides in each match ( ballsy prediction that I know).
That would leave Macleod, Lower Plenty & Eltham with no more wins up until round 11 where Lower Plenty plays Eltham!!

By the same prediction, the top four would be Lower Eltham 63, Mernda 54, Epping 51, Creek 39 in on % from Bundoora 39.

Good luck to all.

Cracking finish until the end of the year. You would think Lower Eltham and Epping are finish, and what a cracking game that will be in round 11. The last two spots could be anyones with ************ all seperating Stars, Mernda, Bundy, DC & Plenty. Very exciting finish.

another_ton;298022 said:

hope stu doesn't read this, he thinks he's got rid of all the grey hairs...

The430king;298280 said:
Cracking finish until the end of the year. You would think Lower Eltham and Epping are finish, and what a cracking game that will be in round 11. The last two spots could be anyones with ************ all seperating Stars, Mernda, Bundy, DC & Plenty. Very exciting finish.

Agree with you there Big J but didn't see you there last Sat'dy must be getting second hand info.

Suggest that you're not on line the same time tonight as last night (01:09) otherwise the big fat fella in red won't be visiting you.

Eltham
Riverside
Lower Plenty
Macleod
Research

Nawab of Pautadi;299055 said:
Agree with you there Big J but didn't see you there last Sat'dy must be getting second hand info.

Suggest that you're not on line the same time tonight as last night (01:09) otherwise the big fat fella in red won't be visiting you.

If he is we are in trouble as he IS the big fat man in red.......

No Good at cricket;298085 said:
Eltham
Riverside
Lower Plenty
Macleod
Research

Good luck to all.

THE PREZ;298164 said:

Good luck to all.

The430king;298280 said:

You're quite right, I wasn't there on Saturday. I went to watch the magoos, and just got back on line after doing all the xmas rounds bringing some cheer to eveyone.

If he is we are in trouble as he IS the big fat man in red.......

The430king;299220 said:
You're quite right, I wasn't there on Saturday. I went to watch the magoos, and just got back on line after doing all the xmas rounds bringing some cheer to eveyone.
Your a dog Lord Lambeth you didn't rock up to my house last night!!!

plays to play alongside his mates :)

this is my opinion fellas, how many blokes have made 3 A grade tons?
Simon "the pig" Salapigtidis
he is a gun thats name doesnt get tossed around enough thoughts?

Boys,

Long time reader, first time poster. I've tried to avoid getting on here since the first time someone told me about the website, but I think now is just about the right time to try and put a few things straight.

Obviously I have read the things that have been posted on here about me; some of the good stuff, and some of it not so good, but thats the nature of a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I certainly have no problems with people having an opinion on me and what I have done in the past.

I'm big enough to understand, and I hope others will too after I'm done here, that I have made plenty of mistakes in recent times. At 22, i think i've now learnt some very valuable lessons, the hard way no doubt.

At no stage however have I intentionally disrespected anyone or their clubs. I like to play the game hard, and smart, the second point of which may have been lacking on some occasions, but i think most people would know that I certainly dont hold any grudges after 6pm on a Saturday.

Above all, i have only ever wanted to be successful with the teammates i play with, given that we put so much time and effort into our cricket.

My coaching stint at Lower Eltham was a major learning curve not only for myself, but for everyone involved in that club that I grew up in. Contrary to what people believe, the honest truth is that I left Lower Eltham for the good of the club, AND myself. Sometimes people just need a change, and Luke Poyser has done an outstanding job. The boys know of the hardships we went through off the field last year, and with a bit of luck and plenty of hardwork im sure, things are now very different and successful down there. I'm as happy as anyone for them.

As for my new club, it is an honour to play with the likes of Smale/Gleeson/Ellks and co., and to be Scott Gibbs' assistant is a humbling experience let me tell you. These boys have made my transition seemless, and I've learnt a hell of a lot already.

To the rest of my Riverside team mates, I thank them for backing me in the face of some pretty stiff criticism and for making me feel welcome and respected. The culture of this club is everything I imagined it would be, with proud traditions that you can't help but be captured by.

This week is a tough one for me, playing against the team that I spent 10 years learning everything I know at, but I would hope no matter what happens, that it goes some way to putting the past behind us all.

Good luck to everyone at their respective clubs for the season.

Simon Salpigtidis. (sorry for such a long post)

The430king;299220 said:
Your a dog Lord Lambeth you didn't rock up to my house last night!!!

S.Salpigtidis;304817 said:
Boys,

Long time reader, first time poster. I've tried to avoid getting on here since the first time someone told me about the website, but I think now is just about the right time to try and put a few things straight.

Obviously I have read the things that have been posted on here about me; some of the good stuff, and some of it not so good, but thats the nature of a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I certainly have no problems with people having an opinion on me and what I have done in the past.

I'm big enough to understand, and I hope others will too after I'm done here, that I have made plenty of mistakes in recent times. At 22, i think i've now learnt some very valuable lessons, the hard way no doubt.

At no stage however have I intentionally disrespected anyone or their clubs. I like to play the game hard, and smart, the second point of which may have been lacking on some occasions, but i think most people would know that I certainly dont hold any grudges after 6pm on a Saturday.

Above all, i have only ever wanted to be successful with the teammates i play with, given that we put so much time and effort into our cricket.

My coaching stint at Lower Eltham was a major learning curve not only for myself, but for everyone involved in that club that I grew up in. Contrary to what people believe, the honest truth is that I left Lower Eltham for the good of the club, AND myself. Sometimes people just need a change, and Luke Poyser has done an outstanding job. The boys know of the hardships we went through off the field last year, and with a bit of luck and plenty of hardwork im sure, things are now very different and successful down there. I'm as happy as anyone for them.

As for my new club, it is an honour to play with the likes of Smale/Gleeson/Ellks and co., and to be Scott Gibbs' assistant is a humbling experience let me tell you. These boys have made my transition seemless, and I've learnt a hell of a lot already.

To the rest of my Riverside team mates, I thank them for backing me in the face of some pretty stiff criticism and for making me feel welcome and respected. The culture of this club is everything I imagined it would be, with proud traditions that you can't help but be captured by.

This week is a tough one for me, playing against the team that I spent 10 years learning everything I know at, but I would hope no matter what happens, that it goes some way to putting the past behind us all.

simon is an outstanding player no body can deny that, he is a star!
from personal experience playing with him out the front :)
but i still beat him (i wish):p
get behind him fellas
lets get back to some cricket talk

plays to play alongside his mates :)

Hey guys, where trying to get a team together for the Bigcricket fantasys cricket league. Any 1 from Barclay that post on here a few times a day we need you. If you are interested pm me thanks..

We need..

Pure bats
Pure bowlers
All rounders
keeper batsman
and so on..

Cheers.

The season starts in a mouth or so get in quick its good fun..;)

this is my opinion fellas, how many blokes have made 3 A grade tons?
Simon "the pig" Salapigtidis
he is a gun thats name doesnt get tossed around enough thoughts?

Boys,

just wiping away the tears now mate:D

well said and hope that puts an end to it, i'm sure you'll be well received, your ex-team mates are generally pretty quiet in the field so i'm sure they won't say boo!!!:rolleyes:

Boys,

Bundoora;304833 said:

well said and hope that puts an end to it, i'm sure you'll be well received, your ex-team mates are generally pretty quiet in the field so i'm sure they won't say boo!!!:rolleyes:

I don't know what you mean Bradley!

Simon, no going to say anything about your posts, however, is this really the first time you have posted?:D:D

Boys,

simon is an outstanding player no body can deny that, he is a star!
from personal experience playing with him out the front :)
but i still beat him (i wish):p
get behind him fellas
lets get back to some cricket talk

Boys,

Now hopefully this post by the pig will stop all the crap that is spoken about him on this forum. Well done pigga, well said and see ya on the weekend.

Hey guys, where trying to get a team together for the Bigcricket fantasys cricket league. Any 1 from Barclay that post on here a few times a day we need you. If you are interested pm me thanks..

We need..

Pure bats
Pure bowlers
All rounders
keeper batsman
and so on..

Cheers.

The season starts in a mouth or so get in quick its good fun..;)

Boys,

Boys,

my god how long did it take you to write that post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back