DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

captain cuzz;266811 said:
And yet another one who doesn't know what proper grammar is.

That's the way mate, don't reply to the post I left for you, just jump in on another discussion. I suppose it's easier to get on another bloke's band wagon than it is to fend for yourself.

As I said, I'm more than happy to give you a rest for a week or two. You'll be back on your perch before we know it.

Mate... you're a ************. Whilst I have agreed with some of the things you have posted on here in the past, of late you have been nothing but an absolute douche-bag.

Now, go right ahead and take a shot at my spelling and grammar... pick apart all of my posts if you like. If criticising peoples spelling and grammar is the only form of 'argumentative' skills you have acquired in life, perhaps you're the one who didn't complete Grade 6.

bigcricket007;266892 said:
Mate... you're a ************. Whilst I have agreed with some of the things you have posted on here in the past, of late you have been nothing but an absolute douche-bag.

Now, go right ahead and take a shot at my spelling and grammar... pick apart all of my posts if you like. If criticising peoples spelling and grammar is the only form of 'argumentative' skills you have acquired in life, perhaps you're the one who didn't complete Grade 6.

Is it too much to ask for grown men to be able to spell?

I spend more time on here trying to decifer what some blokes are actually saying than anything else!

I've got some idiot telling me I'm a cockhead because he doesn't agree with something I've said, then I've got some other hero jumping in on the arguement, then both of them want to have a crack together.. For christ's sake, give it a rest!

All I'm asking is that if you're going to have a dip at me, at least learn to spell so I can understand what you're actually on about.

Anyone on here can come at me with "my Mill Park mate told me blah blah blah" but I'm telling you right now, they were approached to play a game, they asked if MCC were at full strength and when they found out MCC were, MPCC declined the invitation.

As for picking apart your spelling and grammar and my argumentative skills - Your spelling and grammar aren't the point, you can obviously hold your own in this area and there'd be no arguement to start with if some people just minded there own business and kept out other people's discussions.

Go and have a crack at your good mate TVOTV, he's the one that jumped in on a discussion that he had no involvement in, telling me I'd won the cockhead of the week award when all I did was, first - get on your side about all the crap people are speaking on here, then - try and get the talk back to the cricket, now - we've got 3 pages of rubbish that have got us nowhere!

You blokes can come at me all you want, all I've done is point out the lack of intelligence on this board, there's been no name calling, no false accusations, no un-prevoked abuse, but if you feel the need to keep going, I'm more than willing.

I suppose this is where the 2 or 3 that have already had their shot come out with their little "you're a cockhead" or "what a ************" or "insert some other fantastically imaginative insult here" posts..?

I've heard things are traveling a bit rough down at Research at the moment, and that Whitey and Malone were tossing up weather to play or not. :eek:

Anyone else heard anything along those lines?

Shot Guns Blazzing;266731 said:
PremiersAgain, Just for the record (GROOMDOG) is not Groomy I can confirm this. Any one that knows John would know he would not say stuff like that or degrade anther player John is a good kid with alot of cricket ability. And it will good to see how he goes with Mill Park this year.

Let us know Monday how your game went on Sunday if you beat Donvale..

sorry mate and to the real groomy then.

Only played 8 overs then it started pissing down. So not much to report on. Anyone else get in some cricket?

THE ICEMAN;266935 said:
I've heard things are traveling a bit rough down at Research at the moment, and that Whitey and Malone were tossing up weather to play or not. :eek:

Anyone else heard anything along those lines?
Very very big call that ICEMAN
I would be very surprised to find that the case
If it is true and only time will tell then the searchers could be on the big slide down to the never never of Money Shield

Mister Ed;266952 said:
Very very big call that ICEMAN
I would be very surprised to find that the case
If it is true and only time will tell then the searchers could be on the big slide down to the never never of Money Shield
I don't know how much truth there is to the rumour just going off what I have been told. Thats why I posted it to see if anyone had anymore info on it, but like you said if not we will find out soon enough.

captain cuzz;266929 said:
Is it too much to ask for grown men to be able to spell?

I spend more time on here trying to decifer what some blokes are actually saying than anything else!

I've got some idiot telling me I'm a cockhead because he doesn't agree with something I've said, then I've got some other hero jumping in on the arguement, then both of them want to have a crack together.. For christ's sake, give it a rest!

All I'm asking is that if you're going to have a dip at me, at least learn to spell so I can understand what you're actually on about.

Anyone on here can come at me with "my Mill Park mate told me blah blah blah" but I'm telling you right now, they were approached to play a game, they asked if MCC were at full strength and when they found out MCC were, MPCC declined the invitation.

As for picking apart your spelling and grammar and my argumentative skills - Your spelling and grammar aren't the point, you can obviously hold your own in this area and there'd be no arguement to start with if some people just minded there own business and kept out other people's discussions.

Go and have a crack at your good mate TVOTV, he's the one that jumped in on a discussion that he had no involvement in, telling me I'd won the cockhead of the week award when all I did was, first - get on your side about all the crap people are speaking on here, then - try and get the talk back to the cricket, now - we've got 3 pages of rubbish that have got us nowhere!

You blokes can come at me all you want, all I've done is point out the lack of intelligence on this board, there's been no name calling, no false accusations, no un-prevoked abuse, but if you feel the need to keep going, I'm more than willing.

I suppose this is where the 2 or 3 that have already had their shot come out with their little "you're a cockhead" or "what a ************" or "insert some other fantastically imaginative insult here" posts..?

DECIPHER
ARGUMENT
PROVOKED

How about talking about cricket - this is boring.

A combined Riverside A/B (and even a couple of C) players played against Northcote's second XI (with a couple of first XI players as well) and fared OK.

Northcote made 290, and Riverside replied with 7/220. Smale and Doyle both got 50's, and Glenn Smyth got three wickets. Not a bad effort considering Gibbs, Gleeson and Ellks were all missing.

Any other practice match results to report?

Bubble Wrap;267055 said:
DECIPHER
ARGUMENT
PROVOKED

A combined Riverside A/B (and even a couple of C) players played against Northcote's second XI (with a couple of first XI players as well) and fared OK.

Northcote made 290, and Riverside replied with 7/220. Smale and Doyle both got 50's, and Glenn Smyth got three wickets. Not a bad effort considering Gibbs, Gleeson and Ellks were all missing.

Considering Riverside was missing their frontline bowling attack, pretty good effort.

Yeah, we also kept the field up like it was an 80 over game, even when they were going the slap at the end, and bowled a couple of 15 year old kids (spinners) at the death.

I reckon with Gibbo and Stevie G, and setting a one-day field, we probably would have kept them at around 200.

PremiersAgain;266936 said:
Anyone else get in some cricket?

Panthers had a win over Royal Park yesterday, won by between 50 and 70 runs at a guess (I never checked).

No real standouts for us I don't think, nice even performance, pretty reasonable in the field.

Central Park down the ground, especially to the library end, is lightning at the moment. Batsmen are getting real value for their shots.

Went past Creeks ground on the week end its still a mess, will it be ready for footy next season? Where will they be playing there home games this seaon the ground across the road ?

Route81;267080 said:
Went past Creeks ground on the week end its still a mess, will it be ready for footy next season? Where will they be playing there home games this seaon the ground across the road ?

doubt it considering they only started it 6 months ago and it takes 12 - 18 months to get a ground ready

Bubble Wrap;267055 said:
DECIPHER
ARGUMENT
PROVOKED

get over it;267064 said:
Considering Riverside was missing their frontline bowling attack, pretty good effort.

Bubble Wrap;267066 said:
Yeah, we also kept the field up like it was an 80 over game, even when they were going the slap at the end, and bowled a couple of 15 year old kids (spinners) at the death.

I reckon with Gibbo and Stevie G, and setting a one-day field, we probably would have kept them at around 200.

I am from Plenty but I was there and I know for a fact that there was not 'a few' ones players in that Northcote line up. There were a few that have played ones in the past but none that are really in contention apart from probably Doyle or Westland. The others will play 2's and some will play 3's, probably less at full strength than what Riverside was. As for bubble wrap stating that if you had have set a one day field you would have taken 90 less runs of Northcotes tally is an absolute joke. You are seriously kidding yourself. Like I said, I have no association with Northcote but to say that you would have been competitive with a district 2's team is getting a bit too far ahead of yourselfs. Good luck to the Siders this year, but it will be a PCC vs Lower GF, Jason Armberger a massive in.

the boy;267168 said:
I am from Plenty but I was there and I know for a fact that there was not 'a few' ones players in that Northcote line up. There were a few that have played ones in the past but none that are really in contention apart from probably Doyle or Westland. The others will play 2's and some will play 3's, probably less at full strength than what Riverside was. As for bubble wrap stating that if you had have set a one day field you would have taken 90 less runs of Northcotes tally is an absolute joke. You are seriously kidding yourself. Like I said, I have no association with Northcote but to say that you would have been competitive with a district 2's team is getting a bit too far ahead of yourselfs. Good luck to the Siders this year, but it will be a PCC vs Lower GF, Jason Armberger a massive in.

Probably Doyle or Westland? They are both guaranteed ones players - I know that for a fact (Doyle is my brother). And if you read my original post, it does say a "couple" of first XI players, not a "few" as you put it.

I'm not saying we are competitive with a District 2's team, there is a million other contributing factors, but I'll stand by my assertion that if we were playing "seriously" rather than making sure certain players bowled, then they would have made far less runs.

Having said that, they may have bowled blokes that don't usually bowl as well - maybe they would have kept us to 100 runs had they played it differently?

Anyway, we got what we wanted to out of it, and I doubt anyone of us care what anyone else thinks about it.

It was interesting before the game that they wanted to have "power plays". Seemed a bit over the top for a practice match, but got me thinking if that would be something DVCA clubs would be interested in, given we're all playing one-dayers now? Might add a bit more interest to the one-dayers and make them a bit more tactical?

Bubble Wrap;267262 said:
Probably Doyle or Westland? They are both guaranteed ones players - I know that for a fact (Doyle is my brother). And if you read my original post, it does say a "couple" of first XI players, not a "few" as you put it.

I'm not saying we are competitive with a District 2's team, there is a million other contributing factors, but I'll stand by my assertion that if we were playing "seriously" rather than making sure certain players bowled, then they would have made far less runs.

Having said that, they may have bowled blokes that don't usually bowl as well - maybe they would have kept us to 100 runs had they played it differently?

Anyway, we got what we wanted to out of it, and I doubt anyone of us care what anyone else thinks about it.

It was interesting before the game that they wanted to have "power plays". Seemed a bit over the top for a practice match, but got me thinking if that would be something DVCA clubs would be interested in, given we're all playing one-dayers now? Might add a bit more interest to the one-dayers and make them a bit more tactical?

Practice matches are all about teams getting something out of it, who cares whether there was no Northcote first players. If Riverside got something out of it, that's great.
I don't understand why some blokes get on here solely to get stuck into others!
Point of interest, district clubs in all grades will be playing with power plays and the free hit rule in one dayers, as such all clubs would want to play their practice matches under those conditions. Free hit should bring some excitement to games!
Good luck for the season bubble wrap, whichever Doyle you are...

Also, i think some people would be surprised by how close the good Barclay sides are to district 2's. I've got no doubt the top couple of sides would compete very well in district 2's. The only areas they would struggle maybe would be a little bit of depth and fitness.

I think Luke Burgoyne from Lower Eltham is very underrated...

Extremely hard to score off, not express pace but pushes them through well...technically very sound...bowls with some heart too...

Would walk into the bowling rotation at any Barclay Shield club IMVHO...

Looks primed for a big year...

Otis;267350 said:
I think Luke Burgoyne from Lower Eltham is very underrated...

Extremely hard to score off, not express pace but pushes them through well...technically very sound...bowls with some heart too...

Would walk into the bowling rotation at any Barclay Shield club IMVHO...

Looks primed for a big year...

Burgs, surely you have better things to do than get on BC and write about yourself! But then again maybe you don't!

"Would walk into the bowling rotation at any Barclay Shield club IMVHO..."

You are right he would. Fifth change. Bowls poo!

bat11dontbowl;267166 said:
doubt it considering they only started it 6 months ago and it takes 12 - 18 months to get a ground ready

So do we know where the creeks are going to be playing this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back