DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

bigcricket007;266539 said:
The more years they get in juniors the better I reckon. Would like an opinion here... is it just me, or has the standard of juniors fallen massively in the past 5-10yrs? (I'm only young... it might have fallen the past 20yrs, but I wouldn't know)

Looking back to when I finished juniors about 6-7yrs ago, the standard just looks so much worse than it used to be. Are we losing talented kids to other sports, or are lazy 'video-game' kids the issue?

I remember back when I was in primary school and high school, I would ALWAYS play sport during recess and lunch breaks... I couldn't get enough of it. I'd do it at school, and then I'd do bare minimum of homework so as I could go out and play another 1-2hrs before the sun went down. It doesn't happen these days... sorta sucks I reckon!

spot on the issues u raised are correct, as well as some parents these days not allowing kids out on the street due to negative media reports day in and day out that are heard and read in the paper and radio.

also, yes the talent has dropped dramitically, back when i played under 12s it was under 12s div 1 to div 6, now all this modified and devlopment stuff is a joke. its not competitive at all and kids play with rubber balls etc and get a massive shock when they play competitive cricket. i say scratch dev and modified grades and increase milo cricket until age 9 or 10 perhaps and not 8 and these kids can get straight into playing lower level 12s then move there way up once they are older.

overall, definately poor talent, could it be due to coaches not trying to develop poorly skilled kids, only having eyes set on the premiership? not an important thing in junior cricket i believe

bradfromeltham;266536 said:
Hi i'm Brad and i'm from Eltham.

Does anyone think there would be any benefit in adding an extra year oof juniors either a under 17's or 18's to keep some of the kids coming through. Alot of kids are pissing off to jika for an extra year on juniors and the other half just finish after under 16's?

Whilst their is usually one or two players per team who aren't up to making the transition (skill wise), the final year of 17's in Jika is purely a social/fun thing playing with your mates. Even then, those players who struggle will still participate in lower levels of seniors for other factors including mateship and the social side of things.

There is far more opportunity to develope and challenge yourself in senior cricket as long as people are up to it physically etc. I played 17's in jika and my team dominated, winning the flag, we had 6/11 playing subbies or district cricket (lucky)!

Personally, if you don't want to move into seniors at 16 then nothing will change at 17, the same lifestyle road blocks occur (e.g chicks, social activities, booze, school committments, other sport interests and sheer laziness tend to kick in!)

Additionly, the only real coaching you get to make substantial improvements at a junior level is through the pathway program and possibly via senior coaches/assistants etc.

The voice of the valley;266584 said:
No congratulations to you for winning the cock head of the week award a very deserving winner.

Maybe you should start reading your own dribble before you have a go at other people.

You're probably the best bloke to judge the award, being the winner of the previous 5 or 6.

Happy to take it off your hands for a week or so.

I agree on the juniors subject. How difficult would it be to change the ages from what they are to U13, U15 and U17?

This is one area i reckon JIKA (or whatever they call themselves now) has got one over us, got to be something we look at it in the near future.

bigcricket007;266539 said:
The more years they get in juniors the better I reckon. Would like an opinion here... is it just me, or has the standard of juniors fallen massively in the past 5-10yrs? (I'm only young... it might have fallen the past 20yrs, but I wouldn't know)

Looking back to when I finished juniors about 6-7yrs ago, the standard just looks so much worse than it used to be. Are we losing talented kids to other sports, or are lazy 'video-game' kids the issue?

I remember back when I was in primary school and high school, I would ALWAYS play sport during recess and lunch breaks... I couldn't get enough of it. I'd do it at school, and then I'd do bare minimum of homework so as I could go out and play another 1-2hrs before the sun went down. It doesn't happen these days... sorta sucks I reckon!

I've called for the under 17 thing since my club lost half a dozen kids in one year to go play 17's at jika. I know people will say strong clubs will keep their kids, but its hard to build a strong club when the kids aren't coming thru.
Times have changed a lot since i was a junior over a decade ago. For a start the kids work, back when I was a junior Saturday trading hardly happened, now it's almost mandatory. Also there are so many more things to do and spending two whole Saturday's playing cricket isn't what the kids want to do with their spare time in summer anymore.
There was debate recently about getting rid of Sunday cricket, well can I ask what are peoples thoughts about getting rid of two dayers, and only playing one dayers.

bigcricket007;266472 said:
Mate... here I was, coming home at 12:30am after work to see what has been going on at Barclay level today, and I have had to waste a good 2-3mins searching through your dribble about some bloke allegedly spitting.

What is the difference between 'those blokes' you are referring to in the above post, and yourself??? Nothing from what I can gather.

If your gunna go about critisizing others for talking 'shit' (as you so elegantly put it), perhaps you should refrain from doing so yourself.
Good one dickhead can you not read as well as not play cricket. Ill spell it out for you "BARCLAY" now piss off!

THE ICEMAN;266657 said:
Good one dickhead can you not read as well as not play cricket. Ill spell it out for you "BARCLAY" now piss off!

Ahhh, you're one of those people that can (or think they can) hand it out, but don't like it when someone fires back.

By the way, congratulations on playing BARCLAY cricket (it is Barclay right??? I'm a little unsure if you've mentioned it already). Jeez, what a star you are!!! Damn, I mean... like you're as rare as they come. When I sit back and have a real good think about the top echelon of world cricket... you're name definitely ranks right up there.

You're not even close to an 'ICEMAN'... you're easier to wind up than the little old wrist watch I wore to primary school.

By the way... if you wanna insult my (or anyone elses) spelling ability... perhaps you should look at your own spelling and grammar. It's dead-set atrocious. I'm sure your kindergarten teacher would be very unimpressed... I'll let her know on Monday morning before you arrive for class, that you're having a little trouble with your basic arithmetic.

bigcricket007;266696 said:
Ahhh, you're one of those people that can (or think they can) hand it out, but don't like it when someone fires back.

By the way, congratulations on playing BARCLAY cricket (it is Barclay right??? I'm a little unsure if you've mentioned that prior to the above post). Jeez, what a star you are!!! Damn, I mean... like you're as rare as they come. When I sit back and have a real good think about the top echelon of world cricket... you're name definitely ranks right up there.

You're not even close to an 'ICEMAN'... you're easier to wind up than the little old wrist watch I wore to primary school.
Your not winding me up your just annoying the shit out of me because this is a Barclay thread and your still on here talking your shit. So why don't you start a Money thread and noone will have to listen to crap we don't care about.

THE ICEMAN;266700 said:
Your not winding me up your just annoying the shit out of me because this is a Barclay thread and your still on here talking your shit. So why don't you start a Money thread and noone will have to listen to crap we don't care about.

Like some bloke spitting??? :confused:

bigcricket007;236706 said:
Mate, I don't have a complex at all... I just think the whole separation thing is over the top. Yeah, you're within your rights to do it... and good on you for making a point. However, the point I'm trying to make (apart from the whole Money vs. Barclay bullsh*t), is why create an entirely different board for something that suits you and the rest of your grade? Has it achieved what you wanted??? I reckon it has only made things worse... you're now gunna get every man and his dog talking about how one grade is better than the other, and blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'm not gunna be an annoying prick and clog up your board. Hope all goes well... I just think it's a bit over the top, because last I checked 'Barclay Shield' was part of the 'DVCA'
What is this shit your not gonna clog up this board with your crap?

You can't seem to get off it. Your a shit talkin tossbag that has nothing on interest to anyone and are clearly have a lonely life so you make your fun out of annoying the shit out of everyone on here.

And whats the problem are you incompertant and can't work out how to start the Money thread. I think your time would be better suited to tying to work it out so this thread dosn't end up like the last one that got all F@^%ed by blokes like you.

THE ICEMAN;266712 said:
What is this shit your not gonna clog up this board with your crap?

You can't seem to get off it. Your a shit talkin tossbag that has nothing on interest to anyone and are clearly have a lonely life so you make your fun out of annoying the shit out of everyone on here.

And whats the problem are you incompertant and can't work out how to start the Money thread. I think your time would be better suited to tying to work it out so this thread dosn't end up like the last one that got all F@^%ed by blokes like you.

Ffs, start your own thread, call it pissy little insulters, and write your crap there. Stop trying to have the last word and grow up.

PremiersAgain;266401 said:
Groomdog, mate geez those tickets you have on yourself must be worth a bit. I have seen you play so i hope you have improved a bit, cos Dalton chucks them down better then you pal.

PremiersAgain, Just for the record (GROOMDOG) is not Groomy I can confirm this. Any one that knows John would know he would not say stuff like that or degrade anther player John is a good kid with alot of cricket ability. And it will good to see how he goes with Mill Park this year.

Let us know Monday how your game went on Sunday if you beat Donvale..

groomdog;266114 said:
where is that dalton kid from i herd his going down there to take my place from last season? if he throws done pies his got no hope

Where do you get off trying to make people think your Groomy? Take some advise stop posting this shit on here!

Shot Guns Blazzing;266735 said:
Where do you get off trying to make people think your Groomy? Take some advise stop posting this shit on here!

Where did 'BANG BANG' go? :D Just Kidding

Yeah, it isn't Groomy... Kevin (his dad) would never let him turn into an arrogant little prick as that 'Groomdog' is implying. I went to school with him, my brother played a lot of juniors with him, and now my brother has gone to play seniors with him.

It will be good to see how he goes... he is a talented kid. Certainly gives the ball a decent rip!

bigcricket007;266742 said:
Where did 'BANG BANG' go? :D Just Kidding

Yeah, it isn't Groomy... Kevin (his dad) would never let him turn into an arrogant little prick as that 'Groomdog' is implying. I went to school with him, my brother played a lot of juniors with him, and now my brother has gone to play seniors with him.

It will be good to see how he goes... he is a talented kid. Certainly gives the ball a decent rip!

Captian cock head said its was childish...

BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shot Guns Blazzing;266756 said:
Captian cock head said its was childish...

BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that's a good one, my mouth was open and everything. :cool:

Considering you can't even spell "blazing", would I be wrong in assuming you didn't complete grade 6? Hence me saying "bang bang" was something a 12 year old would come up with.

Anyone who doesn't use grammar, can't spell and is only interested in writing about complete and utter crap doesn't need to be here. I just saw there's been a thread created for the DVCA Juniors, you might be better served dishing up your rubbish in there. At least the people reading it will be around your age group.

You're firing blanks here, champ.

P.S - Obviously there was something in what I said; you did stop using it, didn't you?

How do u think the boys from plenty will fare this year? A few handy ins, should be an exciting year.

captain cuzz;266805 said:
Oh that's a good one, my mouth was open and everything. :cool:

Considering you can't even spell "blazing", would I be wrong in assuming you didn't complete grade 6? Hence me saying "bang bang" was something a 12 year old would come up with.

Anyone who doesn't use grammar, can't spell and is only interested in writing about complete and utter crap doesn't need to be here. I just saw there's been a thread created for the DVCA Juniors, you might be better served dishing up your rubbish in there. At least the people reading it will be around your age group.

You're firing blanks here, champ.

P.S - Obviously there was something in what I said; you did stop using it, didn't you?

The way your going motor mouth you might win 2 weeks running keep up the good work you clown.

epping new player sam mctaggart just ask him what he will do if u eat a moth and you might be lucky enough to get your balls licked

The voice of the valley;266807 said:
The way your going motor mouth you might win 2 weeks running keep up the good work you clown.

And yet another one who doesn't know what proper grammar is.

That's the way mate, don't reply to the post I left for you, just jump in on another discussion. I suppose it's easier to get on another bloke's band wagon than it is to fend for yourself.

As I said, I'm more than happy to give you a rest for a week or two. You'll be back on your perch before we know it.

the boy;266810 said:
epping new player sam mctaggart just ask him what he will do if u eat a moth and you might be lucky enough to get your balls licked

Ok, this needs expanding on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back