DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

Master Blaster;355625 said:
o8dw.jpg

Gold

yes snowy to the basin, and from all reports from a very reliable source, snowy isnt the only bloke heading east from mernda.. davis, baker and steal are all reported to be heading over with there old mate..
mernda to be religated after their kids cant survive with out the old boys..
Plenty for the flag!!!!!! after good recruiting and a exciting bunch of kids

Mossrocksnomore;355839 said:
yes snowy to the basin, and from all reports from a very reliable source, snowy isnt the only bloke heading east from mernda.. davis, baker and steal are all reported to be heading over with there old mate..

Speculation!
Plenty will be strong though.

personally i would take warrik steal,from mernda.. clearly when his mind is in the right areas he has the ability to take the diamond valley to new heights, all be it the best all rounder/ agile fieldsman in the valley(now that his good mate snowy has moved on) P.S did see them out having dinner last thursday night, make of that what you will. im saying 'steal to the basin':D

cold case;355840 said:
Speculation!

Speculation at it's best, Old mates??

Not sure about Steele & Davis but Bakes & Snowy i don't think so!!

Can't see Bakes getting Rezzas permission to go anywhere and would like to be as sure as winning tatts that Bakes will play at mernda this year, take 35+ wickets and try and put keaysy in hospital again:p

As for Plenty for premiers, they will be a good a chance as any, not sure how many of the kids will be part of it though? I'd say Mitch Johnson will keep and bat 7 or 8 but i don't see Cocking playing a huge role. I suppose it will depend on Hubber. With Rosbrook, Salvatore, Hubber and if i'm right Villani is back, there attack looks as good as any on paper and not much room for the young bloke.

Mossrocksnomore;355689 said:
personally i would take warrik steal,from mernda.. clearly when his mind is in the right areas he has the ability to take the diamond valley to new heights, all be it the best all rounder/ agile fieldsman in the valley(now that his good mate snowy has moved on) P.S did see them out having dinner last thursday night, make of that what you will. im saying 'steal to the basin':D

The Basin is a million miles away! Has Snowy moved out there? 6 can trip wouldn't it be?

where do you see gordi zull fitting into the new look plenty side?
after a slender year last year they surely can't afford to carry him again

hot of the press!!! one of mernda's favourite son's grant fraser is returning to the club, after moving back into the area he is a certain starter for round 1

Mossrocksnomore;355853 said:

hot of the press!!! one of mernda's favourite son's grant fraser is returning to the club, after moving back into the area he is a certain starter for round 1

Gordy is in there best team, a new season he'd surely be in there round 1 side, then it's up to him i suppose.
In no particualr order i would assume the 10 blokes below would be in there best 11 on there best form, others are Cocking, Redmond & Abbotangelo all played last year i think, they'd be next cab off the rank. That's assuming they dont consider guys such as, Pavey, Winnie & Amalfi

Rosbrook
Salvatore
Curtin
Love
Hubber
Mark Johnson
Mitch JOhnson
Villani
connoly
Zull

Someone from Plenty may be able to shed more light but probably need a batsman or two for balance.

Mossrocksnomore;355839 said:

Speculation!

cmon champ blokes like gordi are holding good kids back, of the abbatangelo type, they (plenty) will go nowhere while he's in the side
i also think the curtain will be drawn on Nick this year! did he score a run against anyone in the top 4? questionable at best

cold case;355840 said:
Speculation!

Speculation at it's best, Old mates??

Not sure about Steele & Davis but Bakes & Snowy i don't think so!!

Can't see Bakes getting Rezzas permission to go anywhere and would like to be as sure as winning tatts that Bakes will play at mernda this year, take 35+ wickets and try and put keaysy in hospital again:p

As for Plenty for premiers, they will be a good a chance as any, not sure how many of the kids will be part of it though? I'd say Mitch Johnson will keep and bat 7 or 8 but i don't see Cocking playing a huge role. I suppose it will depend on Hubber. With Rosbrook, Salvatore, Hubber and if i'm right Villani is back, there attack looks as good as any on paper and not much room for the young bloke.

Mossrocksnomore;355861 said:
cmon champ blokes like gordi are holding good kids back, of the abbatangelo type, they (plenty) will go nowhere while he's in the side
i also think the curtain will be drawn on Nick this year! did he score a run against anyone in the top 4? questionable at best

Mate seriously you have no idea. Zull is an absolute freak and one of the dvca best all rounders I believe. And as for Curtin he probably would have won the medal if he didnt get a severe injury. What club are you from Mossy??? Epping maybe? If your going to post absolute crap give it away please this site doesnt need anymore rubbish like the geeza goose who started stupid rumours.

THE MORANS;355942 said:
Mate seriously you have no idea. Zull is an absolute freak and one of the dvca best all rounders I believe. And as for Curtin he probably would have won the medal if he didnt get a severe injury. What club are you from Mossy??? Epping maybe? If your going to post absolute crap give it away please this site doesnt need anymore rubbish like the geeza goose who started stupid rumours.

Good to see your sticking up for yourself Gordon!! Seriously though, 30 runs & 5 wickets for the year wouldn't class him as an all rounder let alone one of the best.
Not sure anbout Nic winning the medal but was in super from before he did his back.
Think "MOSS" may be taking the urine out of them, after all, he tipped them to win the flag.

Mossrocksnomore;355853 said:

Gordy is in there best team, a new season he'd surely be in there round 1 side, then it's up to him i suppose.
In no particualr order i would assume the 10 blokes below would be in there best 11 on there best form, others are Cocking, Redmond & Abbotangelo all played last year i think, they'd be next cab off the rank. That's assuming they dont consider guys such as, Pavey, Winnie & Amalfi

Rosbrook
Salvatore
Curtin
Love
Hubber
Mark Johnson
Mitch JOhnson
Villani
connoly
Zull

Someone from Plenty may be able to shed more light but probably need a batsman or two for balance.

Bundoora;355944 said:
Good to see your sticking up for yourself Gordon!! Seriously though, 30 runs & 5 wickets for the year wouldn't class him as an all rounder let alone one of the best.
Not sure anbout Nic winning the medal but was in super from before he did his back.
Think "MOSS" may be taking the urine out of them, after all, he tipped them to win the flag.

To you BUNDOORA and you MOSSY all I'm saying is Zull is a very underated player. He would walk into the ones at either of your clubs Im sure. Players like that are hard to find I think you would agree. For his own benefit he should go elsewhere to get more of a go. Maybe a club like Macleod, Research, Eltahm or even Mernda. Im sure all the clubs would want a quality player like that. Not to mention your 2 clubs.

gordy as one of the best all rounder in the comp..
the morans has no idea, obviously an old mate of gordons or just gordon himself, because any other person with any cricketing knowledge would understand that gordon being a favourite son of the club has been carried for way to long and needs to stand aside and give someone else a chance..lovey needs to put his foot down,make some tough calls..
go epping for the flag.. on ya blues:D

Mossrocksnomore;355861 said:

Mossrocksnomore;355950 said:
the morans has no idea, obviously an old mate of gordons or just gordon himself, because any other person with any cricketing knowledge would understand that gordon being a favourite son of the club has been carried for way to long and needs to stand aside and give someone else a chance..lovey needs to put his foot down,make some tough calls..

Your wrong Mossy Im not a friend of Gordons just think the bloke deserves some respect as a player thats all. I have a very good cricket brain thanks and Im just expressing what most of the dvca probably thinks. As for Epping they are a great club and I respect them or should I say had respect for them. Their gane against Mernda of all clubs that they lost in the semi was very disapointing.Lets face it last years premiers werent much chop. They played well when it counted I suppose but they are not a good team at all. Take. Bakes out of there and they would be chasing 400+ every week. Do you agree?

THE MORANS;355942 said:

THE MORANS;355942 said:

I think he is just trying to get up somebodys nose.All in jest I think. It is school holidays remember

Bundoora;355944 said:

To you BUNDOORA and you MOSSY all I'm saying is Zull is a very underated player. He would walk into the ones at either of your clubs Im sure. Players like that are hard to find I think you would agree. For his own benefit he should go elsewhere to get more of a go. Maybe a club like Macleod, Research, Eltahm or even Mernda. Im sure all the clubs would want a quality player like that. Not to mention your 2 clubs.

THE MORANS;355952 said:
Your wrong Mossy Im not a friend of Gordons just think the bloke deserves some respect as a player thats all. I have a very good cricket brain thanks and Im just expressing what most of the dvca probably thinks. As for Epping they are a great club and I respect them or should I say had respect for them. Their gane against Mernda of all clubs that they lost in the semi was very disapointing.Lets face it last years premiers werent much chop. They played well when it counted I suppose but they are not a good team at all. Take. Bakes out of there and they would be chasing 400+ every week. Do you agree?

agree mate Mernda were ordinary but at the end of the day they played well and seized the oportunity that was presented unlike some other clubs around the valley ;;;riverside, lower eltham lower plenty to name a few!!

Bit harsh on Zull i think...didn't have a great season but has made A grade runs before so he has showed he can play at the level. I just find it funny that you can say that a bloke thats 22 or 23 (around that) is holding back the younger blokes...think you might have written him off a bit early there.

Haven't heard much on Epping yet have they lost/gained any players?

Mossrocksnomore;355950 said:

THE MORANS;355946 said:

9 games he played, what more can the club do, they supported him as much as they could.
I'm not having a crack at Gordy, he'd be in my side if he wanted to come and play, but the kids only 20/21 give him a chance. I don't think he's underated, i think you may be overating him.
He has all the attributes to become a very good cricketer and with Blokes like Lovey at your club i'm sure he'll help him get there.

Anyway, have fun on your last day of school holidays....

THE MORANS;355942 said:

I think he is just trying to get up somebodys nose.All in jest I think. It is school holidays remember

Bundoora;355959 said:
9 games he played, what more can the club do, they supported him as much as they could.
I'm not having a crack at Gordy, he'd be in my side if he wanted to come and play, but the kids only 20/21 give him a chance. I don't think he's underated, i think you may be overating him.
He has all the attributes to become a very good cricketer and with Blokes like Lovey at your club i'm sure he'll help him get there.

you mentioned he would get a game in the bottom 3 clubs are you suggesting he's more of a money sheild player?? cmon lets be realistic now 30 runs for the year and 5 wickets

anyway enough of bashing up poor Gordi

THE MORANS;355952 said:

agree mate Mernda were ordinary but at the end of the day they played well and seized the oportunity that was presented unlike some other clubs around the valley ;;;riverside, lower eltham lower plenty to name a few!!

Bundoora;355959 said:

For your information Bundoora I'm not on school holidays so cut the cheap shots. Of course you would love a bloke like Gordy down at your club he would captain coach your club I would think. Anyway we can let that rest for now. As for Epping great appointment in the Hurst boys I MUST admit. Hopefully they get get the best out of a very good side. I doubt Mossy makes the first 11.

Bit harsh on Zull i think...didn't have a great season but has made A grade runs before so he has showed he can play at the level. I just find it funny that you can say that a bloke thats 22 or 23 (around that) is holding back the younger blokes...think you might have written him off a bit early there.

Haven't heard much on Epping yet have they lost/gained any players?

THE MORANS;355961 said:
For your information Bundoora I'm not on school holidays so cut the cheap shots. Of course you would love a bloke like Gordy down at your club he would captain coach your club I would think. Anyway we can let that rest for now. As for Epping great appointment in the Hurst boys I MUST admit. Hopefully they get get the best out of a very good side. I doubt Mossy makes the first 11.

He can be president, secretary and run the bar too if he wants.

Do you?

THE MORANS;355946 said:

Mossrocksnomore;355960 said:
you mentioned he would get a game in the bottom 3 clubs are you suggesting he's more of a money sheild player?? cmon lets be realistic now 30 runs for the year and 5 wickets

i didn't say that, MORAN did.

He'd get a game at all clubs i would think, how many depends on his performance compared to his teammates.
He's 21 and proved he can make runs in the past, Winnie Barclay told me before the start of last season he's a very good bat, he's in a better spot to judge than the opposition who see him once, twice if they play finals, a season.

Bundoora;355959 said:

Bundoora;355962 said:
He can be president, secretary and run the bar too if he wants.

Do you?

Hey Bundy lets agree to disagree. Lets leave Zull for another day and call a truce. It got out of hand because of MOSSY. Your probably right MOSSY is probably just a bored little school kid at home on his holidays. Hows Bundoora shaping this year? Spring carnival again going to limit the amount of Pre Season training? Who do you think will finish top 4 this year? Im guessing Plenty, Epping, North Eltham Wanderers Lalr Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back