DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

Bundoora;355959 said:
9 games he played, what more can the club do, they supported him as much as they could.
I'm not having a crack at Gordy, he'd be in my side if he wanted to come and play, but the kids only 20/21 give him a chance. I don't think he's underated, i think you may be overating him.
He has all the attributes to become a very good cricketer and with Blokes like Lovey at your club i'm sure he'll help him get there.

Anyway, have fun on your last day of school holidays....

For your information Bundoora I'm not on school holidays so cut the cheap shots. Of course you would love a bloke like Gordy down at your club he would captain coach your club I would think. Anyway we can let that rest for now. As for Epping great appointment in the Hurst boys I MUST admit. Hopefully they get get the best out of a very good side. I doubt Mossy makes the first 11.

most teams would have a player or 2 that probably under perform for the year and dont get dropped and it could be due to lack of options in the 2nds,player availability, or they might want to leave them in the side for their own experience. gordy probably had a off season and he wouldnt be the only one. ive had 2 bad seasons but i got away with it because i was selecting the teams:D:D

THE MORANS;355961 said:
For your information Bundoora I'm not on school holidays so cut the cheap shots. Of course you would love a bloke like Gordy down at your club he would captain coach your club I would think. Anyway we can let that rest for now. As for Epping great appointment in the Hurst boys I MUST admit. Hopefully they get get the best out of a very good side. I doubt Mossy makes the first 11.

He can be president, secretary and run the bar too if he wants.

Do you?

THE MORANS;355965 said:
Hey Bundy lets agree to disagree. Lets leave Zull for another day and call a truce. It got out of hand because of MOSSY. Your probably right MOSSY is probably just a bored little school kid at home on his holidays. Hows Bundoora shaping this year? Spring carnival again going to limit the amount of Pre Season training? Who do you think will finish top 4 this year? Im guessing Plenty, Epping, North Eltham Wanderers Lalr Stars.

I though we agreed he was a good player, anyway enough of Gordy.

We will pretty much have the same line up as the past few seasons. Our two Sri Lankan recruits will be back and hopefully play all 11 home & away games. Everyone that played last season will be backing up and hopefully we'll get some games into kids such as Ben Russell, Riley Dyson & Simon Baring.
Spring carnival will have no impact on pre-season, Spring starts in October!!
As per usual we may have to find some players to fill the numbers over the cox plate & derby weekends.
As for predicting other clubs, i;m not sure to what extent you follow Barclay Shield but it's such an even comp that it's too hard to predict. I'm sure all clubs turn up knowing they have to play close to there best to win, which is a good thing.
Not sure about North Eltham, i realise the clubs that have come up recently have performed well, Lalor & Mernda both had "Superstars" scatterd with some good support while Macleod only secured there spot in barclay after xmas.
Not sure who the player from North who is good enough to win them enough games to play finals, i don't know anything about them. They looked an even team on paper with one bloke dominating the GF, (groves, i think). He's probably the one who will determine there fate.

Look at the previos season - Lower Plenty played finals then got releagated, Lower Eltham finished second last and went to top. A club can just as easily win a flag or get relegated without suprise, including mine.

Mossrocksnomore;355960 said:
you mentioned he would get a game in the bottom 3 clubs are you suggesting he's more of a money sheild player?? cmon lets be realistic now 30 runs for the year and 5 wickets

anyway enough of bashing up poor Gordi

i didn't say that, MORAN did.

He'd get a game at all clubs i would think, how many depends on his performance compared to his teammates.
He's 21 and proved he can make runs in the past, Winnie Barclay told me before the start of last season he's a very good bat, he's in a better spot to judge than the opposition who see him once, twice if they play finals, a season.

the swedish chef;355967 said:
most teams would have a player or 2 that probably under perform for the year and dont get dropped and it could be due to lack of options in the 2nds,player availability, or they might want to leave them in the side for their own experience. gordy probably had a off season and he wouldnt be the only one. ive had 2 bad seasons but i got away with it because i was selecting the teams:D:D

Amen to that!!

Bundoora;355962 said:
He can be president, secretary and run the bar too if he wants.

Do you?

Hey Bundy lets agree to disagree. Lets leave Zull for another day and call a truce. It got out of hand because of MOSSY. Your probably right MOSSY is probably just a bored little school kid at home on his holidays. Hows Bundoora shaping this year? Spring carnival again going to limit the amount of Pre Season training? Who do you think will finish top 4 this year? Im guessing Plenty, Epping, North Eltham Wanderers Lalr Stars.

Now you will do the same as vice president but again there is no one putting their hand up for that either. I reckon last years' VP was more proactive and probably done more!
The wheelie bin collector is about your go!

Sorry i just want to have the last word on Gordy Zull. Gordy got dropped in round 10 last year, his first game in B grade for 4 years. He got dropped because his form was shithouse and hadn't made a run all year. However the reason why he lasted til round 9 was due to his credits in the bank from previous seasons and probably alot to do with the fact there wasn't alot of overall replacements who could bat, bowl and field. The bloke is naturally talented and his work ethic is second to none, probably the reason he has captained the under 21 DVCA for 2 years.

Also on the young blokes for this upcoming season in Dan Cocking, Mitch Johnson and Ben Abbatangelo will be given every oportunity this year. They will be in the 11 round one.

THE MORANS;355965 said:

I though we agreed he was a good player, anyway enough of Gordy.

We will pretty much have the same line up as the past few seasons. Our two Sri Lankan recruits will be back and hopefully play all 11 home & away games. Everyone that played last season will be backing up and hopefully we'll get some games into kids such as Ben Russell, Riley Dyson & Simon Baring.
Spring carnival will have no impact on pre-season, Spring starts in October!!
As per usual we may have to find some players to fill the numbers over the cox plate & derby weekends.
As for predicting other clubs, i;m not sure to what extent you follow Barclay Shield but it's such an even comp that it's too hard to predict. I'm sure all clubs turn up knowing they have to play close to there best to win, which is a good thing.
Not sure about North Eltham, i realise the clubs that have come up recently have performed well, Lalor & Mernda both had "Superstars" scatterd with some good support while Macleod only secured there spot in barclay after xmas.
Not sure who the player from North who is good enough to win them enough games to play finals, i don't know anything about them. They looked an even team on paper with one bloke dominating the GF, (groves, i think). He's probably the one who will determine there fate.

Look at the previos season - Lower Plenty played finals then got releagated, Lower Eltham finished second last and went to top. A club can just as easily win a flag or get relegated without suprise, including mine.

gordy will not be in that 11
north eltham excite me though, young kids like jesse smith and jack young along with the old heads of the mans and matty reid along with our favourite mate, ethon ' i rate myself ' groves, it just has the sounds of a winnning formula.. do be surprised if these blokes give sides a bit of a shake up..
they have waited for this opportunity..:D

Amen to that!!

Mossrocksnomore;356009 said:
north eltham excite me though, young kids like jesse smith and jack young along with the old heads of the mans and matty reid along with our favourite mate, ethon ' i rate myself ' groves, it just has the sounds of a winnning formula.. do be surprised if these blokes give sides a bit of a shake up..

"Ethon"? You've got to be joking. Barclay Shield will be too tough for him. He'll go AWOL at that level.

Now you will do the same as vice president but again there is no one putting their hand up for that either. I reckon last years' VP was more proactive and probably done more!
The wheelie bin collector is about your go!

Bundoora;355847 said:
Speculation at it's best, Old mates??

Not sure about Steele & Davis but Bakes & Snowy i don't think so!!

Can't see Bakes getting Rezzas permission to go anywhere and would like to be as sure as winning tatts that Bakes will play at mernda this year, take 35+ wickets and try and put keaysy in hospital again:p

As for Plenty for premiers, they will be a good a chance as any, not sure how many of the kids will be part of it though? I'd say Mitch Johnson will keep and bat 7 or 8 but i don't see Cocking playing a huge role. I suppose it will depend on Hubber. With Rosbrook, Salvatore, Hubber and if i'm right Villani is back, there attack looks as good as any on paper and not much room for the young bloke.

If Villani is back can't see how 4 quicks can fit into the one side. Obviously you'd think that they'd have to play a spinner. Not anyone one of them could be considered a bat who could be relied on to do the job.

So, if one has to miss out, will it be?

Hubbs a stalwart of the Club over many seasons - maybe not, Rossy the coach - definitely not, Villani returning from Premier grade and a junior of the Club - can't see him missing, Salvatore big money import who, mind you Plenty bagged unmercifully 2 years ago in the Grannie.

Sheet what a quandary! :confused:

Sorry i just want to have the last word on Gordy Zull. Gordy got dropped in round 10 last year, his first game in B grade for 4 years. He got dropped because his form was shithouse and hadn't made a run all year. However the reason why he lasted til round 9 was due to his credits in the bank from previous seasons and probably alot to do with the fact there wasn't alot of overall replacements who could bat, bowl and field. The bloke is naturally talented and his work ethic is second to none, probably the reason he has captained the under 21 DVCA for 2 years.

Also on the young blokes for this upcoming season in Dan Cocking, Mitch Johnson and Ben Abbatangelo will be given every oportunity this year. They will be in the 11 round one.

Nawab of Pautadi;356087 said:
If Villani is back can't see how 4 quicks can fit into the one side. Obviously you'd think that they'd have to play a spinner. Not anyone one of them could be considered a bat who could be relied on to do the job.

Hubbs a stalwart of the Club over many seasons - maybe not, Rossy the coach - definitely not, Villani returning from Premier grade and a junior of the Club - can't see him missing, Salvatore big money import who, mind you Plenty bagged unmercifully 2 years ago in the Grannie.

what a good one to have though!

Mossrocksnomore;356009 said:

"Ethon"? You've got to be joking. Barclay Shield will be too tough for him. He'll go AWOL at that level.

Bundoora;355847 said:
Speculation at it's best, Old mates??

Not sure about Steele & Davis but Bakes & Snowy i don't think so!!

Can't see Bakes getting Rezzas permission to go anywhere and would like to be as sure as winning tatts that Bakes will play at mernda this year, take 35+ wickets and try and put keaysy in hospital again:p

As for Plenty for premiers, they will be a good a chance as any, not sure how many of the kids will be part of it though? I'd say Mitch Johnson will keep and bat 7 or 8 but i don't see Cocking playing a huge role. I suppose it will depend on Hubber. With Rosbrook, Salvatore, Hubber and if i'm right Villani is back, there attack looks as good as any on paper and not much room for the young bloke.

i think clubs like epping, creek, lower eltham, plenty and mernda will all be strong again this year, and i think research to possibly finish last or second last from what ive herd, with some key players either moving or not playing?

Nawab of Pautadi;356087 said:

what a good one to have though!

Think its time for an interesting exercise lads. Just wanting to know who you think the most annoying bloke playing in Barclay Shield is?

Also another thing up for debate. Is Paul Baker the best bowler to play in the DVCA and is our man Robbie Fletcher the hardest hitter of a ball in the competition?

i think clubs like epping, creek, lower eltham, plenty and mernda will all be strong again this year, and i think research to possibly finish last or second last from what ive herd, with some key players either moving or not playing?

captain cuzz;356794 said:
No dis-respect mate, you being an admin and all, but..

Why not?

Bakes and Fletch are both superstars worthy of good debate.

He means debating th most annoying bloke, don't think there's a problem talking about the better players.

I rate Fletch very highly as a bat, has the ability to control the game from ball 1 and is very attacking. He gives the ball a whack, not sure if he's
the hardest hitter though.

i would think of the blokes playing at the minute, Zerraffa hits it as hard as anyone i can think of.

As for bowlers, couldn't split Keaysy and Bakes. I got to play with Keaysy at his peak and i don't think i've seen any better. I'm sure he'll agree:D

Think its time for an interesting exercise lads. Just wanting to know who you think the most annoying bloke playing in Barclay Shield is?

Also another thing up for debate. Is Paul Baker the best bowler to play in the DVCA and is our man Robbie Fletcher the hardest hitter of a ball in the competition?

Bundoora;356865 said:
He means debating th most annoying bloke, don't think there's a problem talking about the better players.

I rate Fletch very highly as a bat, has the ability to control the game from ball 1 and is very attacking. He gives the ball a whack, not sure if he's

i would think of the blokes playing at the minute, Zerraffa hits it as hard as anyone i can think of.

As for bowlers, couldn't split Keaysy and Bakes. I got to play with Keaysy at his peak and i don't think i've seen any better. I'm sure he'll agree:D

If we're only talking about Barclay then I agree Zerafa does give it a thump, but it we're talking about the whole competition then Whale and Gutterson both hit it hard, and Bubis will be back for 2009-2010 so he would almost certainly hit it harder than anyone.

Bundoora;356865 said:

The Fox the best for me. Unbelievable wrist and finger control. He bolwed 130+ kms off cutters on the matting. Two short legs were always underneath you and then he would bowl the same ball but it would swing away.
Fairly sure he took 1000 A grade wickets. The fox also won 3 medals as a pure bowler.

Spot on CC, Fox by the proverbial mile,then your good self.
He was old school, 6 stubs or pots at the sat morn sippers and then down to business. He carried Mont, Plenty and LP over 2 decades. He had a terrific cricket brain(not much else) great control and most importantly PRESENCE.
A good number of his wickets were already out before they arrived at the crease, in fact they were shitting themselves!
Then afterwards it was a lazy 15-20 stubs to see out the day just to be sociable
One of the DVCA`s best and if you dont mind an ":Australian Sports Medalist"
and a good bloke to boot
Getting a bit grumpy in his old age though

captain cuzz;356794 said:
No dis-respect mate, you being an admin and all, but..

Why not?

Bakes and Fletch are both superstars worthy of good debate.

THE MORANS;356746 said:
and is our man Robbie Fletcher the hardest hitter of a ball in the competition?

I still have nightmares about him hitting me into the Epping canteen, two seasons ago, whilst he was playing 2s (and taking the piss)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back