DVCA - C grade and below

Re: DVCA - C grade and below

Who is this up and coming keeper from teh Keysborough Sunday team????
Rumour has it, he'll be moving up the ranks in the not too distant future....
NAME????

noich;373911 said:
Who is this up and coming keeper from teh Keysborough Sunday team????
Rumour has it, he'll be moving up the ranks in the not too distant future....
NAME????

wrong house numnuts!

PremiersAgain;373442 said:
nah its ok, just wanted it to sound dramatic! Just a broken big toe. shit it was painfull, oh well just add it to the list of injuries. i havent stoped coping it from everywhere so you might as well have a laugh too boys.

You retired hurt with a broken toe? Seriously you need to grow some aggots!

DVCA 2008/2009 Softest Player Award:

M.DELIGIORGIS

captain cuzz;374000 said:
It is, but Della's a surety for back to back titles!

Not sure who exactly you are Captain Cuzz, but its a bit rough someone from Riverside calling someone from another club SOFT, you guys aren't known for your toughness.

100% BULL;374070 said:
Not sure who exactly you are Captain Cuzz, but its a bit rough someone from Riverside calling someone from another club SOFT, you guys aren't known for your toughness.

Nothing like a sweeping generalisation to kick off your weekend.

Tongs;373942 said:

M.DELIGIORGIS

Is that me or my brother?

Tongs I would disagree about the softest player award. The softest thing I have seen on the cricket field was you getting punched up by Ben Hunt, your own team mate in school cricket some years ago.

Now that was soft!

PremiersAgain;374309 said:
Is that me or my brother?

Tongs I would disagree about the softest player award. The softest thing I have seen on the cricket field was you getting punched up by Ben Hunt, your own team mate in school cricket some years ago.

Now that was soft!

More than happy to admit being whacked by a bloke (or two) but I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about!

May want to get your story right before sledging a bloke??

Tongs;373942 said:

M.DELIGIORGIS

Damn, I thought I was a shoo in with my broken thumb.

Tongs;374454 said:
More than happy to admit being whacked by a bloke (or two) but I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about!

May want to get your story right before sledging a bloke??

I rememeber it, it was one of the funniest things we've ever seen!

PremiersAgain;374713 said:
I rememeber it, it was one of the funniest things we've ever seen!

You must have a great memory, as being the one that got belted in a game of cricket but its the first i have ever heard of it?

Wrong bloke champ! But good story!

Bit like the story about you and that goat............

Just wondering what happened to the Greensborough D grade side on Saturday, 4 players DNB resulting in an outright to Bundoora. Anyone shed any light on whats going on at Borough?

100% BULL;377069 said:
Just wondering what happened to the Greensborough D grade side on Saturday, 4 players DNB resulting in an outright to Bundoora. Anyone shed any light on whats going on at Borough?

Was told they dropped some A grade players down who could only play week 1 - I guess hoping they would get the job done week 1.

Unfortunately proved not to be and we were quite happy to make them bat agian with only 7 on week 2.

100% BULL;377069 said:
The club was hit hard with schoolies week having more than 6 players unavailable both weeks. Add a couple of last minute injuries and the side was left well short. It's the first time something like this has happened in many years. It won't happen again

TGAT;377175 said:
The club was hit hard with schoolies week having more than 6 players unavailable both weeks. Add a couple of last minute injuries and the side was left well short. It's the first time something like this has happened in many years. It won't happen again

Might have been so, but how do you justify playing your 3rds - 4 players short when the 4ths & 5ths still fielded teams????
Some ordinary selection decisions maybe...?

THE PREZ;377191 said:
Might have been so, but how do you justify playing your 3rds - 4 players short when the 4ths & 5ths still fielded teams????
Some ordinary selection decisions maybe...?
The original selection had a full side. One player pulled out at 12.30 with an illness leaving us one short. One player was selected that was only ever going to play one week (not uncommon in lower grades). Two players pulled out midweek (midmatch) which was unforseen. There was nothing that could be done. Fourth grade played on Sunday and fielded 5 players 15 years old and below including one 13 year old as well as two players over 45. There was nobody capable of playing higher.
11 players played the first week for the 3rds. It was never planned to have only 7 players available in the second week. It was a bizzare situation that I have never seen before and am probably unlikely to see again!

Diamo hit by the schoolies bug this week, Fat Cat and Tony Oliver are putting in an appearence for H Grade, their first non vets game in years!

Back