DVCA - C grade and below

Re: DVCA - C grade and below

fmr_13;320308 said:
It's easy to talk about yourself when you have achieved something in your cricketing career and obviously you havn't. And you don't need to tell me that you are actually really good, because it is always a lie.

like????

i would rather be good fizz then you champ!
i really hope you dont no who it (good fizz) is because if you do, you just embarresed yourself.

HOWZAAT;320365 said:
like????

i really hope you dont no who it (good fizz) is because if you do, you just embarresed yourself.
Fast Fact, DID YOU KNOW:
Good fizz (baring) and yourself both went out to me in the same over last year in the 16's, now that's a laugh!

But luck aside, you are gooooood cricketers.

ILY NEW (L)

HOWZAAT;320365 said:
like????

it's amazing to know that yourself and good fizz (baring) both went out to me in the same over in the 16's last year!

seriously must have been a major slip up for you blokes!

NEWCC (L);320399 said:
it's amazing to know that yourself and good fizz (baring) both went out to me in the same over in the 16's last year!

get your facts right mate before u start to dish out

NEWCC (L);320399 said:

good fizz (not baring)

cant remember playing you or even what you look like mate.

but we won the flag.

hopefully we can group up togethor this year and get another one

just saw this on the dv website

Nillumbik Council has just closed 14 grounds:
Arthurs Creek Reserve, Campbell Street Reserve
Diamond Creek East Primary, Diamond Hills Reserve
Eltham High School, Lower Eltham Park #2 (front)
North Eltham Main Oval, North Eltham Adventure Playground
Kangaroo Ground Oval, Marngrook Reserve
Hurstbridge High #2, Plenty Park
Wattle Glen War Memorial Park, St. Andrews Recreation Reserve

wtf??

Bundoora;320519 said:
just saw this on the dv website

Nillumbik Council has just closed 14 grounds:
Arthurs Creek Reserve, Campbell Street Reserve
Diamond Creek East Primary, Diamond Hills Reserve
Eltham High School, Lower Eltham Park #2 (front)
North Eltham Main Oval, North Eltham Adventure Playground
Kangaroo Ground Oval, Marngrook Reserve
Hurstbridge High #2, Plenty Park
Wattle Glen War Memorial Park, St. Andrews Recreation Reserve

wtf??

seen a few of them grounds and they are pitiful. they are like concrete, no grass, cracks.. all open to serious injuries.
there will be quite a few whittlesea council grounds in the same boat aswell, hopefully no cricket games are cancelled!

tex;320545 said:
seen a few of them grounds and they are pitiful. they are like concrete, no grass, cracks.. all open to serious injuries.
there will be quite a few whittlesea council grounds in the same boat aswell, hopefully no cricket games are cancelled!

Stupid Comment. How do u suppose the DVCA will cover the games played on those grounds? :rolleyes:

LegB4;320719 said:
Stupid Comment. How do u suppose the DVCA will cover the games played on those grounds? :rolleyes:

Just change the lower grades to Sunday games. It is far from ideal, but definitely better than calling the games off.

HOWZAAT;320365 said:
like????

good fizz is a gun :)
go the show !

THE GOO;320307 said:
This is the C grade and below thread, all our teams, c grade and below made over 300+ this week

Welcome aboard GOO, great to have another Bull on board. I think grandstand is just jealous that us Bulls stick together. The Epping boys have a habit of punching on amongst themselves.

For the record Epping A grade go alright, the Hurst boys give 100%, always hard to beat, our A grade will just keep trying.

100% BULL;320797 said:
Welcome aboard GOO, great to have another Bull on board. I think grandstand is just jealous that us Bulls stick together. The Epping boys have a habit of punching on amongst themselves.

For the record Epping A grade go alright, the Hurst boys give 100%, always hard to beat, our A grade will just keep trying.
Deleted

HOWZAAT;320416 said:
good fizz (not baring)

cant remember playing you or even what you look like mate.

but we won the flag.

hopefully we can group up togethor this year and get another one
fair enough,
but I have been rumoured to bowl at 140 clicks

captain cuzz;316662 said:
Sounds like the bats did it easy, was it the ground or were the bowlers poo?

Well once you got it past the infieled it was gone mate, especially straight up the ground. Plus the bowlers were tiring toward the end of the day, but the batsmen all batted very well. :)

The Stair;318398 said:
Fair effort even taking into account the grounds. i live in that hole called doreen and i cant believe they let people play on that ground it's a disgrace

I wouldn't say ground buddy,

paddock is the word you're looking for. :)

HOWZAAT;320847 said:
i think i can remember going out to you.

top edge??

made 76??
Lol I can't remember how you went out (probably a disgusting double bouncer) but from memory you made some runs yes.

I think we lost that game I ran out of partners at the end.

gotta love the 16 2's.

Word out of DVCA house last night is that it is all over for the lower grades ie; 'C' Grade and below. With grounds now closed because of the drought there is only enough grounds for BS, MS,BR & MR to continue the season. This is bad news for clubs like Bundoora who dominate all the lower grades. Seems there will be a few more spectators in the grandstands with me come finals time.

Grandstand;320937 said:
Word out of DVCA house last night is that it is all over for the lower grades ie; 'C' Grade and below. With grounds now closed because of the drought there is only enough grounds for BS, MS,BR & MR to continue the season. This is bad news for clubs like Bundoora who dominate all the lower grades. Seems there will be a few more spectators in the grandstands with me come finals time.

Sorry to dissapoint but D.V.C.A. house actually operate out of our rooms and the meeting is tonight.
In all seriousness, they have a a big decision to make, dropping a couple of lower grades & the Vets must be on there agenda, and don't forget the kids play on the same grounds every week, how will they be affected?? should be interesting.

As much as it's going to impact this season, next season will be much worse because if these grounds are deemed unfit now, i don't like the chances of geeting them back in the forseeable future:(

Back