Re: DVCA Juniors

Anyone see Cobie Rogers from South Morang U'16
A five for and a Hat-Trick, Fair Effort

Hat-Trick
Lumsden 0 Ct Slips
O'Leary 0 (Golden) LBW
Storey 0 (Golden) Bwl

********ing hell, that is a good effort.

last time i saw the kid bowl he was bowling dead set pump.
but hats off to the kid, very good wickets to take in a hat trick.

how did everyone perform on the weekend ?

Boys.

Last chance now.

If you are unaware of the policies of BigCricket....Get to know them.

I as moderator and the Administrators monitor this forum. Any more breaches (like swearing and name calling) that does not involve cricket the poster will be dealt with.

We are not trying to stop posting, the more the merrier, just think about your posting.

Slagging of a third person is poor form and shows your lack of charactor. General name calling is the same.

Have fun, post heaps and create conversation about the cricket (general fun ribbing is accepted but think first)

Any problems pm me, I am willing to discuss.

Cheers

CC

Which young blokes from juniors are making runs in seniors, ive seen that M Phelan made a 100 in c grade and 20 odd in b grade aswell as F Ryder makeing a 60 in c grade, aswell as Gilmore getting 39* and 20 odd in Barclay Shield

kyle thompson has notched up 218 runs in 7 hits already playing 4's at northcote. scoring 3 50s along the way.

yeh all those players getting scores makes things look good for the north east side which might be a contender this year.

has anyone been taking wickets in open age cricket from the juniors ?

yes the falcons team this year might not do to badly this year, i heard that the under 16's last year made the final 6 while 14s werent so succesful, that being said there were a few players who may consider themselves a tad unlucky e.g trent williams, michael larcom cooper

yeh the 16s played very well last year to be beaten by the eventual winners in the later stages.

and yes,
i agree wholeheartedly.
there has been some absolute jargon being thrown around about who should be in and who should be out .
but in reality, it cant really change now.

who do you think will impress in this years falcons squad, i am not 100% positive on all who are in it, but who do you think will do well?

i have a feeling that everyone will contribute but my big tip is
t.gilmore to lead the runscoring
and m.hand to take the most wickets.

at the trials i was far from impressed, but his bowling is beginning to warm on me and i believe he could be a force to be reckoned with come dowling time.

others thoughts ?

yes that seems like a good tip, but from what i have seen, expect big tournaments from, reid, abbatangelo, gilmore, ryder and johnson, keys to there campiagn i believe

haha indeed they form a somewhat nucleus of a side but everyone is going to contribute.
all the players are good cricketers and good blokes thats why they are chosen to represent the north east.
if they all play to potential, its a handy side.

plenty_hater;213743 said:
Any juniors coming up throught the Diamond Valley who you think will turn into stars?

obviously the best junior currently playing is Tom gilmore, he goes out less then twice a season and very rarely gives away chances, he won the batting and bowling award last year and he was a first year u16's.

Who will end up in the top four for both of the 16's league??

The mighty montmorency
Panton Hill
Macleod (without Ryan Storey for a while due to a broken hand)
Yarrambat

Then a Monty V Hill grand final with Monty to take the choccy

Plenty
NEW
Diamo
Riverside

Then a repeat of the 14 1's GF with Plenty V NEW very good game might go Plenty by not much.

Your thoughts ???

Monty 4 premiers 08/09;280813 said:
Who will end up in the top four for both of the 16's league??

The mighty montmorency
Panton Hill
Macleod (without Ryan Storey for a while due to a broken hand)
Yarrambat

Then a Monty V Hill grand final with Monty to take the choccy

Plenty
NEW
Diamo
Riverside

Then a repeat of the 14 1's GF with Plenty V NEW very good game might go Plenty by not much.

Your thoughts ???

sounds like a bit of cockyness in the camps at Monty
when did R.Storey break his hand?

on saturday night, he smashed up some 18 year old at this party.
We can be cocky at monty cos we are the best team, forget plenty and Mitch Johnson, its about Monty this year :)
look out rest of the comp

Monty 4 premiers 08/09;280825 said:
on saturday night, he smashed up some 18 year old at this party.
We can be cocky at monty cos we are the best team, forget plenty and Mitch Johnson, its about Monty this year :)
look out rest of the comp

Shouldnt really be posting personal things about other people like that mate, even if it is true.

cowboys woudlnt get close to falcons i would think, guys like mitch komen, hayden einsidel are not up to that standard, falcons easily

Re: DVCA Under 16's

NEWCC (L);277664 said:
3 Underrated players in the 16's go by the names of Dylan Potter (Riverside), Brad Gedge (Also Riverside), and Louis Smith (Plenty).

I'm not sure how these blokes aren't right up there for selection in rep. squads. I'd watch out in the coming weeks for these boys.:)

yea that was a good pick i see none of them made the rep teams

yeh and another good pick, this avramov kid, hes not great, it just shows how poor the under 16 eltham team is if this bloke is there star, tom and mitch destroy this kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back