DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

cold case;362350 said:
The last time I spoke to Dekka was about 12 months ago. He took a job in Swan Hill as a........ cant remember. He shacked up with his beautiful girlfriend and her 2 kids. She had to get a transfer from Epping Safeway which took a while. There wasn't too many price gun operator jobs going in Swan Hill. Dekka said they were saving up to fix her front 4 teeth. He reckoned if he could borrow $50 off every person in the town it shouldn't take too long. lol
What I am sure off is that the local Swan Hill people would have similar stories to these.

GOLD

You sure it was Swan Hill and not Moe?

Re: DVCA Money Shield

The Wizz;362351 said:
GOLD

You sure it was Swan Hill and not Moe?

Swan Hill pretty sure. Although I couldn't hear him very well. If you know Dekka well enough, you would know that he has the worst breath of all time.
Decayed teeth, due to his diet which consists of beer and cigarettes. Does'nt eat much but if he does it wouldnt come from a supermarket. He is a mad shooter. Has plenty of rifles and shotguns.He would have massacred some poor animal somewhere!
Anyway his breath stunk, so you couldnt get too close to him. Even through the phone he had lazer breath. So he might have said Moe!

Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Not far away now.....
Clubs should have a fair idea of how there list is panning out.
Any suprises? any players injured over footy season or just have not turned up yet?
Just a rumour hearing that S.Barnett from LP is goin in for surgery next week.

Silly Mid;362960 said:
Not far away now.....
Clubs should have a fair idea of how there list is panning out.
Any suprises? any players injured over footy season or just have not turned up yet?
Just a rumour hearing that S.Barnett from LP is goin in for surgery next week.

Surgery to what? Is it season threatening? Maybe something minor like an arthriscope or maybe even a vasectomy. Out the same day!

cold case;362962 said:
Surgery to what? Is it season threatening? Maybe something minor like an arthriscope or maybe even a vasectomy. Out the same day!

Finger.. needs to be fixed didnt heal properly after he broke it. Out for upto 6 weeks, so probably miss the first couple of games!

Daniel Shaw not playing at yarrambat this season, still overseas i hear?? Big loss to there middle order hits the ball well!

With the season coming closer and the clubs starting to train is there any news of the progress of clubs at training and has there been any more depatures of players.

I heard Corey Altis has left camera dont know details can anyone confirm

dvcachamp;363083 said:
With the season coming closer and the clubs starting to train is there any news of the progress of clubs at training and has there been any more depatures of players.

I heard Corey Altis has left camera dont know details can anyone confirm

Can comfirm he is gone but dont know the details behind it but he has moved to rosebank might be firey tomorrow night when his 1st training session is after camreas training.

DVCA TIPPING COMPETION.

G'day Dvca posters.
This season the DVCA in conjuction with Big Cricket will be running its' own tipping contest.
Both Barclay and Money Shield will be combined to make it a bit more challenging. I
encourage as many DVCA posters to join, thus making it as interesting as possible. We are striving
to become the number one local cricket thread on Big Cricket but also the challenge to find
the best tipster within the Valley.
A weekly prize of B Cash will be awarded to the outright winner. This will be jackpotted until this occurs.
We are also in the midst of organising a Grand prize worth striving for.
Those who are interested can post on either site.
Rules to come after expressions of interest.

Anyone can join its all a bit of fun, so go to the tipping comp thread and add your name to the list should be alot of fun..

http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/t70117/

Not long to go now 4 weeks to the start, how have numbers been looking for everyone I know at morang training wednesday nights has been good numbers slowly increasing as footy finishes. Anyone got practice matches coming up?

.... and welcome back folks for another exciting season of valley cricket.

Your faithful correspondent here, back at the news desk. My interest has now moved to Barclay but as a long time watcher of Money cricket, I'll continue on this season with my microscope on the MS.

Firstly, some early thoughts...
  • MP's won the early openers award for being a 'basket case': in-fighting, politics, $ troubles, exits - and not a ball bowled yet!
  • Looks like LP, Mont, St F and Burra have been training well and are keen to get started.
  • Camrea are the Prem faves at this stage. Bit like Dane Swan playing in the Northern League Div 3 --> They will win by the length of the straight.
  • Yarrambat are training in the rain (ever heard of indoors Ronny?) and Thomastown are getting steady numbers to pre-season.
  • College very quiet (big recruiting news about to break there)
    and Morang (via full-of-sh!t) claiming they are going OK, rather I hear they are becoming the DVCA retirement village. I reckon FOS is aptly named and SM will dive back where they belong... stone, motherless last.
  • Bridges, Panto & Bundy are energetic and will surprise... put all 3 in your mix for thereabouts at season end.
  • Whittlesea... I'm hearing some rebuilding via the junior program - good luck 'seas, I reckon you'll finish 6-7 and should be happy with that.

Oh and one bit of goss to close with... Which 08/09 MS finals coach is currently spending just 'a little too much time' at a District club? Is there a DV club about to lose it's coach just before season starts?

The DO with today's news today.

The Daily Observer;364001 said:
.... and welcome back folks for another exciting season of valley cricket.

Your faithful correspondent here, back at the news desk. My interest has now moved to Barclay but as a long time watcher of Money cricket, I'll continue on this season with my microscope on the MS.

Firstly, some early thoughts...
  • MP's won the early openers award for being a 'basket case': in-fighting, politics, $ troubles, exits - and not a ball bowled yet!
  • Looks like LP, Mont, St F and Burra have been training well and are keen to get started.
  • Camrea are the Prem faves at this stage. Bit like Dane Swan playing in the Northern League Div 3 --> They will win by the length of the straight.
  • Yarrambat are training in the rain (ever heard of indoors Ronny?) and Thomastown are getting steady numbers to pre-season.
  • College very quiet (big recruiting news about to break there)
    and Morang (via full-of-sh!t) claiming they are going OK, rather I hear they are becoming the DVCA retirement village. I reckon FOS is aptly named and SM will dive back where they belong... stone, motherless last.
  • Bridges, Panto & Bundy are energetic and will surprise... put all 3 in your mix for thereabouts at season end.
  • Whittlesea... I'm hearing some rebuilding via the junior program - good luck 'seas, I reckon you'll finish 6-7 and should be happy with that.

Oh and one bit of goss to close with... Which 08/09 MS finals coach is currently spending just 'a little too much time' at a District club? Is there a DV club about to lose it's coach just before season starts?

Thanks DO like to keep up to date with everything. Would of thought you talking about SM being the retirement village you might of done your homework on what kids have come to the club and and you might just notice a couple old heads lining up in the magoos not the ones!!!!

fullofsh!t;364042 said:
Thanks DO like to keep up to date with everything. Would of thought you talking about SM being the retirement village you might of done your homework on what kids have come to the club and and you might just notice a couple old heads lining up in the magoos not the ones!!!!

Tanking for picks already at Morang? :p

The Daily Observer;364001 said:

Cliffo's always been tight in district circles, only stayed because of the unlikely promotion. No news here.

fullofsh!t;364042 said:

Not sure where you get your info from...I think youmake most of it up.

The rebuilding you're talking about at whittlesea in the juniors doesn't sound like anything I have heard. They have lost the most promising 3-4 juniors in the last few years to other clubs especially to district/subbies. The rebuilding for whittlesea will be more like a few new players adding to their improved side of last year. Mainly made up of a new coach and connections he may have with some other players from outside the area.

i find it very hard to beleive sides like Hurstbridge and Bundoora will be thereabouts, especially Hursty - No atkins, No crowy, no Hursty.

Hursty will need Sads to get 50 wickets and roll teams for 120 to have a chance in any games - way to young....

Bundoora, can't see them being competitive unless the drastically improve on last year and recruit well.

Mill Park - about the only thing you're actually right about, poor Stewy will need to have an even better season and get an extra 20 plus wickets than normal for them to be anywhere.....

I think it will be a very competitive season with the top 6 being very close across the board. could be tighter than last years Rd 11 where an outright win to 5th jumped College and bunged them out of the finals race.

The rebuilding you're talking about at whittlesea in the juniors doesn't sound like anything I have heard. They have lost the most promising 3-4 juniors in the last few years to other clubs especially to district/subbies. The rebuilding for whittlesea will be more like a few new players adding to their improved side of last year. Mainly made up of a new coach and connections he may have with some other players from outside the area.

Daniel 'Bundy' Martin keen as mustard I hear. Chopper going to have a dip as well?
They can only play up till Spring Carnival though!!;):p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back