DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

cold case;364192 said:
The rebuilding you're talking about at whittlesea in the juniors doesn't sound like anything I have heard. They have lost the most promising 3-4 juniors in the last few years to other clubs especially to district/subbies. The rebuilding for whittlesea will be more like a few new players adding to their improved side of last year. Mainly made up of a new coach and connections he may have with some other players from outside the area.

Daniel 'Bundy' Martin keen as mustard I hear. Chopper going to have a dip as well?
They can only play up till Spring Carnival though!!;):p:D

LOL.

Keasy, Bundz is fighting fit through footy but not keen on cricket, hasn't been for years and Choppa, well you know what Choppa's like... no way he'll play.

Apparently Bundy lost motivation after you barrelled him in the GF for thinking about what was going to put out for food at tea rather than holding is wicket til the break...Haha.

With only a few weeks to go, who are the players we should be watching out for this season?

170 games of 1st XI cricket
Member of the Team Of The Century
3 Player Of The Year awards
6 Club Champions
5 1st XI Bowling Awards
Runner Up In Hatch Medal 06/07
Team Of Year 07/08
Victorian Rep Player 08/09

Steve Goodwin Whittlesea Cricket Clubs new coach I think he is one worth keeping an eye on. 15 years of sub district may just be the man to get the Eagles back on track.

Sticky Wicket;364278 said:
LOL.

Keasy, Bundz is fighting fit through footy but not keen on cricket, hasn't been for years and Choppa, well you know what Choppa's like... no way he'll play.

Apparently Bundy lost motivation after you barrelled him in the GF for thinking about what was going to put out for food at tea rather than holding is wicket til the break...Haha.

Bundy could be anything. Shame he is not playing. A definate 1st division strike bowler.

The Wizz;364280 said:
With only a few weeks to go, who are the players we should be watching out for this season?

170 games of 1st XI cricket
Member of the Team Of The Century
3 Player Of The Year awards
6 Club Champions
5 1st XI Bowling Awards
Runner Up In Hatch Medal 06/07
Team Of Year 07/08
Victorian Rep Player 08/09

Steve Goodwin Whittlesea Cricket Clubs new coach I think he is one worth keeping an eye on. 15 years of sub district may just be the man to get the Eagles back on track.

Jason Arnberger couldn't hit himself out of a wet paper bag and he played fo Vic as long as Goodwin played Subbies.

Should be interesting, pretty well credentialled, problem is their has always been a new coach and new thoeries/attitudes at training, however majority of the playing group didn't want to put in the hard work that a new coach desires.

Should be very interesting though, Kade and Sugatits opening the bowling will be a good combo, smogga is a good keeper, and can bat, just needs to play smart and probably bat down the order so he isn't exposed to new pace bowling. Apparently his brother is playing, so added with Seany Molloy they should at least be competitive for the most part and look to break away from that bottom four... Wouldn't rule them out of 4-6 position?

A lot will depend on the new coach though...He'll quickly realise what he is in for if they happen to lose a few games early and people drop off like usual.

Good luck to them though, should be interesting and I'm sure people will take notice if they knock off one or two good sides early.

Keasy - your right, Bundy has almost all aspects required to be a very good bowler, Strength, the right build, left arm which is generally more tricky to face and very good pace, unfortunately for Whittlesea he just couldn't be bothered playing or training on a regular basis.

Mill Park has named Leigh Stewart as captain this season. I think Leigh will do a far better job than last years captain. He had no idea on what he was doing.
This is a positive move from the club. Will be interesting times ahead for the boys from Tiger land. Word has it that the committee will not be clearing any contracted players. I would be clearing last years captain asap because of the amount of trouble he has caused at the club. A lot of MP's problems revolve around him and his back stabbing ways. When it comes to back stabbing he doesn't leave too many people out.
As Morang will soon learn.

The Joker;364833 said:
Mill Park has named Leigh Stewart as captain this season. I think Leigh will do a far better job than last years captain. He had no idea on what he was doing.
This is a positive move from the club. Will be interesting times ahead for the boys from Tiger land. Word has it that the committee will not be clearing any contracted players. I would be clearing last years captain asap because of the amount of trouble he has caused at the club. A lot of MP's problems revolve around him and his back stabbing ways. When it comes to back stabbing he doesn't leave too many people out.

Obviously rubbed you up the wrong way. 1 side of the story so doesn't mean much.
Actually your predictions have proved pretty much futile.

Originally Posted by The Joker

Looking at the ladders Barclay would have to say Eltham are the front runners followed by macleod.

Money I think South Morang will win the spoon this season. And I think Mill Park will return to Barclay.

Still very early in the season this will change from week to week. Only what I think.

Cheers..

How wrong you were!

The Joker;364833 said:

Bit harsh on last years cockroach, I didnt see it that way. please expand!

Congrats to Leigh - he is their best player by far and has played plenty of sub/district cricket with Preston and Carlton.

A lot of pressure will sit on him this year. Good luck to them.

The Wizz;364842 said:
Bit harsh on last years cockroach, I didnt see it that way. please expand!

his role as captain against us last year was a disgrace. He tried to hit the first ball for 6 (the stage of the game did not warrant this) and got his stumps knocked down for a golden.

Heard Brett Lewis will play round 1.
Very strong with inclusion of Wallace.
Is it the year of the Franks??? again....

Sticky Wicket;364849 said:
his role as captain against us last year was a disgrace. He tried to hit the first ball for 6 (the stage of the game did not warrant this) and got his stumps knocked down for a golden.

Did Brett Lewis Captain Mill Park as well did he?

Sticky Wicket;364849 said:

As a junior at MP I was very frustrated with the CC constantly promising to improve the junior development of the club, only to be constantly let down by his false promises. It was very difficult to take him seriously when he was never at the club. Very disappointing to see him walk out of the club for no valid reason.

MPS4L;364914 said:
As a junior at MP I was very frustrated with the CC constantly promising to improve the junior development of the club, only to be constantly let down by his false promises. It was very difficult to take him seriously when he was never at the club. Very disappointing to see him walk out of the club for no valid reason.

Wow...thats massive news!
Has he retired?
Or walked out with the ex-president that walked out?
Or walked out to the Stars with the ex-ex-president that walked out?
Or walked out to play at Thomastown with the other guy that walked out?
Or walked out to play with the Stars with the other guy that walked out?

hmmm...seems to be a pattern appearing here :rolleyes:

legend of a bear;364934 said:
Wow...thats massive news!
Has he retired?
Or walked out with the ex-president that walked out?
Or walked out to the Stars with the ex-ex-president that walked out?
Or walked out to play at Thomastown with the other guy that walked out?
Or walked out to play with the Stars with the other guy that walked out?

What is the pattern Legend of a bear? Where in your opinion is all this trash talk stemming from?

hmmm...seems to be a pattern appearing here :rolleyes:

What is the pattern Legend of a bear? Where in your opinion is all this trash talk stemming from?

cold case;364935 said:

I've got no idea, but its certainly big news that last year's captain has apparently walked out on he club, -wouldnt you agree?

The pattern? -i just seem to think that many of the larger personalities at Mill Park seemed to have left for one reason or another.

I'd be wrapped to see Mill Park successful, but (yes, as an outsider only) i think the thing they need the most there is some stability.

legend of a bear;364936 said:
I've got no idea, but its certainly big news that last year's captain has apparently walked out on he club, -wouldnt you agree?

The pattern? -i just seem to think that many of the larger personalities at Mill Park seemed to have left for one reason or another.

I'd be wrapped to see Mill Park successful, but (yes, as an outsider only) i think the thing they need the most there is some stability.

I would think so. I dont know much about MP but 2 Presidents in short time isn't healty. They obviously relinquished the job due to personal reasons though. Didnt they? This surely isn't enough for a club to implode? Or are the BigCricket posters making it a bigger deal than it really is?
Any clue on why Shifter give it away? He seemed to be in good spirits at the league meetings? Is he ok?

cold case;364938 said:
I would think so. I dont know much about MP but 2 Presidents in short time isn't healty. They obviously reliquished the job due to personal reasons though. Didnt they? This surely isn't enough for a club to implode? Or are the BigCricket posters making it a bigger deal than it really is?
Any clue on why Shifter give it away? He seemed to be in good spirits at the league meetings? Is he ok?

Dont have any answers there.
-I havent spoken to shifter, so wont speculate.
-As for Millsy, is it fair to say that he left for personal reasons (lack of time is what he told me), yet is now heavily involved at Stars?
-I dont think its a big deal, but it seems one of the MP juniors is having a crack at Thommo for "walking out", -but alot of people seem to walk out of there, and its a shame, -particularly when these people have put so much time in there.

legend of a bear;364940 said:
Dont have any answers there.
-I havent spoken to shifter, so wont speculate.
-As for Millsy, is it fair to say that he left for personal reasons (lack of time is what he told me), yet is now heavily involved at Stars?
-I dont think its a big deal, but it seems one of the MP juniors is having a crack at Thommo for "walking out", -but alot of people seem to walk out of there, and its a shame, -particularly when these people have put so much time in there.

He has his first meeting with the group on Thursday. Millsy, that is Thursday 7pm, remember. I offered him a small but imporant role at the club of which he was very loathe at first, but with constant nagging, he finally agreed. He will be perfect to take the bins out every Sunday morning!:D:D

Re: DVCA Money Shield

legend of a bear;358120 said:
Just been to my first training session for the year.
Couple of new guys that seem to be able to hold the bat, plus Undies is back this year.
Also interesting to see an ex-Mill Park coach sending a few down. Going by what our coach had to say afterwards, not sure that he'll come across, but he would be a handy pick up.

I think the writing was on the wall sometime ago Humphrey, so his departure from Mill Park should come as no "massive news" to you.

Re: DVCA Money Shield

The Joker;365000 said:
I think the writing was on the wall sometime ago Humphrey, so his departure from Mill Park should come as no "massive news" to you.

Joker. You are obviously a Mill Park boy! Are you still hanging around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back