DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Snake;393647 said:
Don't know why all this talk about 4 peice balls should be in the Money Shield forum. The last time I looked there was a thread about how to make the DVCA better.

Camrea's Taipans win in Money Shield has been hijacked.

Epping, Mernda, Lalor Stars and Greensborough who are all very strong clubs have had a crack of winning Money Shield first up after coming from another competition. It is not easy to do and only one club in recent history has managed to do it.

Camrea will go ok. Pushing top 4 I would think. Would doubt that they could handle the better bowling attacks IMO. Camrea will be very similar to Lalor Stars with a little bit better bowling attack.
Anything can happen finals time as we have seen.

cold case;393649 said:
Hilarious.
Cant remember the last few comp games? You guys have performed so bad that our U/16 's want in on next years game. 4 or 2 piece. If you cant play, you cant play.

yeah we recall them, i think the only time we put a decent team on the paddock we won....we have lost 20 or so of our better more experienced players in one year so i dont think they are a measure at all..
2 piece is a kids ball, i agree if you can't play, you can't play, but 4 piece will sort the men out from the boys, particularly the bowlers.....scared of finding out???

northmetroboy;393657 said:
yeah we recall them, i think the only time we put a decent team on the paddock we won....we have lost 20 or so of our better more experienced players in one year so i dont think they are a measure at all..
2 piece is a kids ball, i agree if you can't play, you can't play, but 4 piece will sort the men out from the boys, particularly the bowlers.....scared of finding out???

Not really harry. I never had a problem moving a 4 -piecer.

Ha Ha! Classic! So true though, when the ball stops swinging the true quality comes through. There will be a few bowlers scared of using the 4 piece in the DVCA.

Head back to your own forum Bliss!
Could knock you and a lot of your teammates over with a tennis ball (wouldn't need to use tape).
A 4 piece ball still swings if you keep the seam upright and look after it, rather than bowling cross seam like many of the youths of today.

George;393665 said:
Head back to your own forum Bliss!
Could knock you and a lot of your teammates over with a tennis ball (wouldn't need to use tape).
A 4 piece ball still swings if you keep the seam upright and look after it, rather than bowling cross seam like many of the youths of today.

UMMMM Just thought Id put my head in !
since my name came up , Got a text saying go to my own forum !
Sorry George Northmetroboy is Not Bliss !
First time I actually came on this Forum !

Just thought Id clear that up !

northmetroboy;393664 said:
i wasnt asking you as such...its a question of the competition finding out

I think we (DVCA) should entertain the 4-piece. Yes there will be many that will struggle. I only have a problem with all weather tracks contrary to other posters. I haven't seen a decent cover drive for 2 years because bowlers only have to throw it up on a good to fullish length and the pill will do the rest and hit higher on the bat than it normally would.

cold case;393682 said:
I think we (DVCA) should entertain the 4-piece. Yes there will be many that will struggle. I only have a problem with all weather tracks contrary to other posters. I haven't seen a decent cover drive for 2 years because bowlers only have to throw it up on a good to fullish length and the pill will do the rest and hit higher on the bat than it normally would.

So true, but there is no way to fix the all weather pitch issue now unfortunately. Just hope they settle down I suppose. 4 piece balls would be a great way to even things up IMO.

five80;393690 said:
So true, but there is no way to fix the all weather pitch issue now unfortunately. Just hope they settle down I suppose. 4 piece balls would be a great way to even things up IMO.

I am 999% sure that enough clubs will vote it in for next season. It comes down to the money costs for some clubs.
We need to even it up though!

we have lost 20 or so of our better more experienced players in one year so i dont think they are a measure at all..

Are they the Rosebank and Camrea players that got paid so much and now they have left they have made Jika so weak?
Anyway what did you think of Camrea's win on the weekend? I am sure you would have been rapt.

spinnersclub;393398 said:
hey Prez

Problem is that the 2 piece platypus ball swings like a red king compared to a kookaburra 2 piece.
The DVCA has a contract with Platypus therefore going four piece is the sensible option, combined with playing 90% of the games on the all season pitches has created a bowlers comp.

You will also find that you don’t hit your peak batting until your late 20's early 30's hence the best bats in the comp are in that age bracket.
I 1000% agree we should move to 4 piece balls.

No arguement there. But to say it is a bowlers comp is ridiculous. A lot of teams have made many big scores through out the season.
Didnt here this bullsh!t about the 2 piece ball then.

Maybe finals pressure has a bit to do with the low scores?? Batsmen Sh1tting themsleves under pressure. Or maybe jus the best teams in finals have the best bowlers who can exploit the two piece ball best???

Agree batsmen peak later in life but the quality coming through is not there. I stand by my original arguement. I know as a bowler, all you have to do is tie a batsmen down for an over or two and they almost everytime give you a chance.

Camrea's season just got topped up a notch with Jason McGann winning the Gleeson Medal. Pipping G.Duggin by 1 vote!

Silly Mid;393974 said:
Any truth to the rumour Gutto to the Franks...??
If Lewis steps aside might be a bit of free cash to offer.

i think many sides have tried over the years to get gutto from college, i cant see things changing.
Lewis sacked after two semi finals loses.

Silly Mid;393974 said:
Any truth to the rumour Gutto to the Franks...??
If Lewis steps aside might be a bit of free cash to offer.

also heard this apparently true..going to play with his brother in law that left from college last season

vinnie bolzano;394420 said:
also heard this apparently true..going to play with his brother in law that left from college last season

The College have a vote on this Friday night to decide whether to join with Research. Research had there vote last Thursday with all bar 3 people agreeing to go ahead with it. The name of the club would be either Research Collegiains or Research-Eltham College. From all indications, this will go ahead.

brutal;394483 said:
The College have a vote on this Friday night to decide whether to join with Research. Research had there vote last Thursday with all bar 3 people agreeing to go ahead with it. The name of the club would be either Research Collegiains or Research-Eltham College. From all indications, this will go ahead.

takeover or merger?
if they become a new club do they start in money shield?
who's ground?
Bye in Money shield if they stay in Barclay or does this give the DVCA a chance to create the 3 divisions.

brutal;394483 said:

Brutal is there a main reason why EC and Research want to merge ex.money,lack of players , . Research had some good kids playing in there team i would hate to see them get put down a grade because of a influx of EC players.

milo kerrigan;394538 said:
Brutal is there a main reason why EC and Research want to merge ex.money,lack of players , . Research had some good kids playing in there team i would hate to see them get put down a grade because of a influx of EC players.

Good to see you back fatguts. You must have been busy with club things?:eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back