DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

Watched a great finish to the final today. Very interesting and eventfull days cricket... A 4 Innings final wouldnt happen too often in DVCA cricket.

Congratulations to NEW... Groves definatly a character of the game, taking another bag of wickets to set up a great win. Will cop alot of flack for his actions... but 6fa and 7fa in a GF makes up for it.

Gutsy effort by the Bats to make a great game of it... Bray will be a superstar in the coming years.... Questions will be asked why did Ronnie bat so low??
Is he promoting the youth of the club to do the job?

Congrats to NEW... an good luck next year!

THE ICEMAN;339366 said:
What did he do????????????

Nothing serious, Groves just carries on a little after taking his wickets... was good to watch, probably tears you apart if your the opponent.
As is said earlier he can back it up. Figures dont lie.

Silly Mid;339460 said:
Nothing serious, Groves just carries on a little after taking his wickets... was good to watch, probably tears you apart if your the opponent.
I think just the occasion for him and everyone made it all the more sweeter when he got his wickets, therefore more rowdy!

Silly Mid;339309 said:
Watched a great finish to the final today. Very interesting and eventfull days cricket... A 4 Innings final wouldnt happen too often in DVCA cricket.

Congratulations to NEW... Groves definatly a character of the game, taking another bag of wickets to set up a great win. Will cop alot of flack for his actions... but 6fa and 7fa in a GF makes up for it.

Gutsy effort by the Bats to make a great game of it... Bray will be a superstar in the coming years.... Questions will be asked why did Ronnie bat so low??
Is he promoting the youth of the club to do the job?

Congrats to NEW... an good luck next year!

It's a credit to Yarrambat for fighting it out the way they did yesterday arvo, too bowl NEW out within 40 overs and then get within 10 runs of a reverse outright under the pressure of a Grand Final is a credit too them, lucky for some wanderer blokes as they could of been made look like some real dickheads for thinking the game was already over..Ethan Groves proved anyone that doubted him wrong by taking 13 wickets in the Granny which was a super match winning effort.
GO THE WANDERER!

spider88;339395 said:
ethan groves the big show, bad luck yarrambat, we were just to good,

Glad you put "just" in there spider.
Congrats to both teams on an amazing grand final, and best of luck to Al and the boys next year in Barclay.

My views on Ethan (as a person) have not changed, but all credit to him on an awesome bowling display.

As for our boys, i cannot praise their efforts enough, as most teams would have just folded after day 2.
Keep your heads high boys.

THE ICEMAN;339366 said:

Couldnt agree more...was a very good game of cricket and both sides were in it till the last over, when a lot of people had already written yarrambat off. while the scorecard may read "outright and on first innings" the game could have easily read "reverse outright".....
Go WANDERERS

Silly Mid;339460 said:
I think just the occasion for him and everyone made it all the more sweeter when he got his wickets, therefore more rowdy!

Catchfrase;339683 said:
Couldnt agree more...was a very good game of cricket and both sides were in it till the last over, when a lot of people had already written yarrambat off. while the scorecard may read "outright and on first innings" the game could have easily read "reverse outright".....
Go WANDERERS

Best Money Shield Final in the 10 years I have watched

It's a credit to Yarrambat for fighting it out the way they did yesterday arvo, too bowl NEW out within 40 overs and then get within 10 runs of a reverse outright under the pressure of a Grand Final is a credit too them, lucky for some wanderer blokes as they could of been made look like some real dickheads for thinking the game was already over..Ethan Groves proved anyone that doubted him wrong by taking 13 wickets in the Granny which was a super match winning effort.
GO THE WANDERER!

Groves was the difference with his 13 wkts but you are only as good as the team you play in and He was side by side with 10 others. Youngy was great at the other end. Big game for a young man. Both teams gave the best they could. Simo Bray best from Yarrambat but they are a great team too.

spider88;339395 said:
ethan groves the big show, bad luck yarrambat, we were just to good,

Congrats to both teams on an amazing grand final, and best of luck to Al and the boys next year in Barclay.

My views on Ethan (as a person) have not changed, but all credit to him on an awesome bowling display.

As for our boys, i cannot praise their efforts enough, as most teams would have just folded after day 2.

Spot on........Yarrambat were very brave with the way that they approached their game all throughout the GF but especially the second Saturday & it was a real credit to them that they fought back so hard, so they can be proud of their efforts. Whilst we are talking about being brave isnt it about time some of you blokes stopped hiding behind silly names when posting opinions & comments & used your real names or nicknames??......I will show the way by using my real nickname....by the way this is the older "Lambo".
Congrats again to the Wanderers well lead by Al Mann, never has a flag been won by a more deserving player, well coached by Richard Clifton, now he will have to learn where another 11 grounds are!, the attack was brilliantly lead by Ethan, who isnt as bad as his on field persona would have you believe, the courageous Aussie Mann, who bowled on 1 leg in the second innings, with Jungy coming thru just when the Wanderers needed him.
Mongs was great with the bat in both digs & really bled for the club, Akshay, Al, the Colonel, Jesse, Ducky all made good runs when the heat was on & whilst Pete & Jordy might not have fired as they would have liked, but their contributions were well appreciated by all at Cedar Avenue........well done to all the support crew at the Wanderers!!................onwards to Barclay!!

Go WANDERERS

beenaround;339632 said:

You are quiet right was an awesome display of bowling.
although all is said and done for the MS this season, i would like to point out that while everyone is quick to jump on Ethan and Ducky's back about their actions in the GF, Yarrambat also had the likes of Wilson and Shaw doing their part.
turns out the stupidity of Wilson, sledging Ethan on the boundary did his team no good watsoever.
And Shaw...well ive heard alot about this guy. talks a lot of trash for a man who didnt do much in the most important game of the season. also heard a rumour that shawry is on some cash? maybe yarrambat want to invest their money elsewhere with a better cricket, and maybe a more respectable human being good enough to aid yarrambats one man band in Simon Bray. played his heart out on the weekend

all in all though tend to agree with the earlier posts that both sides are generally good blokes.

Catchfrase;339683 said:
Go WANDERERS

Best Money Shield Final in the 10 years I have watched

Lambo;339878 said:
Spot on........Yarrambat were very brave with the way that they approached their game all throughout the GF but especially the second Saturday & it was a real credit to them that they fought back so hard, so they can be proud of their efforts. Whilst we are talking about being brave isnt it about time some of you blokes stopped hiding behind silly names when posting opinions & comments & used your real names or nicknames??......I will show the way by using my real nickname....by the way this is the older "Lambo".
Congrats again to the Wanderers well lead by Al Mann, never has a flag been won by a more deserving player, well coached by Richard Clifton, now he will have to learn where another 11 grounds are!, the attack was brilliantly lead by Ethan, who isnt as bad as his on field persona would have you believe, the courageous Aussie Mann, who bowled on 1 leg in the second innings, with Jungy coming thru just when the Wanderers needed him.
Mongs was great with the bat in both digs & really bled for the club, Akshay, Al, the Colonel, Jesse, Ducky all made good runs when the heat was on & whilst Pete & Jordy might not have fired as they would have liked, but their contributions were well appreciated by all at Cedar Avenue........well done to all the support crew at the Wanderers!!................onwards to Barclay!!

Older, or oldest? ha

Groves was the difference with his 13 wkts but you are only as good as the team you play in and He was side by side with 10 others. Youngy was great at the other end. Big game for a young man. Both teams gave the best they could. Simo Bray best from Yarrambat but they are a great team too.

beenaround;339632 said:

You are quiet right was an awesome display of bowling.
although all is said and done for the MS this season, i would like to point out that while everyone is quick to jump on Ethan and Ducky's back about their actions in the GF, Yarrambat also had the likes of Wilson and Shaw doing their part.
turns out the stupidity of Wilson, sledging Ethan on the boundary did his team no good watsoever.
And Shaw...well ive heard alot about this guy. talks a lot of trash for a man who didnt do much in the most important game of the season. also heard a rumour that shawry is on some cash? maybe yarrambat want to invest their money elsewhere with a better cricket, and maybe a more respectable human being good enough to aid yarrambats one man band in Simon Bray. played his heart out on the weekend

all in all though tend to agree with the earlier posts that both sides are generally good blokes.

Lambo;339878 said:

Older, or oldest? ha

Wandering Wanderer;340280 said:
Who do we recruit now so that our stay in BS is not short lived?

Surely Groves will just do it all himsel? That'd have to be the only thing running through his mind.

LegB4;340336 said:
Surely Groves will just do it all himsel? That'd have to be the only thing running through his mind.
Biggest load of jargon I have ever heard.
Have fun struggling again in Money Shield next year.

Wandering Wanderer;340280 said:
Who do we recruit now so that our stay in BS is not short lived?

Congratulations to NEW on winning their way into Barklay Shield. I only hope the narrow minded turd who chooses to leave threatening voicemails on ex members of the club is not a part of your future. Doesn't even have the balls to identify himself.
This is not from the person who received the voicemail just someone that is concerned that the scum can lower himself that far over a game of cricket.

Dropped first Ball;340444 said:
Congratulations to NEW on winning their way into Barklay Shield. I only hope the narrow minded turd who chooses to leave threatening voicemails on ex members of the club is not a part of your future. Doesn't even have the balls to identify himself.
This is not from the person who received the voicemail just someone that is concerned that the scum can lower himself that far over a game of cricket.

Its Barclay buddy.:p
Should be good to see how NEW goes in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back