DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

What a boring load of crap.... its grand final week and no1 has anything interesting to say?
What are peoples predictions?
Will the venue play any advantage to a team?
Can big Ronnie deliver to goods again?

well well well its almost time for the GF!who will win who will step up?

Yarrambat- Simon bray has been built up alot in the last couple of weeks but has he really got the ticker to perform in the big one?
- Stewie has had some brilliant form in the lead up to the big one,over two hundred runs at an average of over 100,can bat
-holzer needs to pull his weight
- Shaw, well alot of pressure is put on this fella this week,wants big bucks and hasnt proved why,,will it be this week that he does
-mobilia...well what can be said.legend of the game but how will he fair, honest batsmen and a very smart bowler should be good to watch
-and Ronnie well we all no how he performs in granny's dont we?
-willo will back up simo and chuck and should have an honest game

NEW
-al man legend of the game,21 last week and a consistent year for him very experienced.
-jesse smith,alot of pressure on him this week,can he prove critics wrong and show he's not a one game player?
-jack young was apparently the difference last week with bat and ball,hitting form at the right time.
-Austin mann, SUperstar!!!best bowler in the comp by a mile will do damage.
_groves well, crowd favourite?dont think so but can work really well or not at all
-duckworth,hit or miss only played six games but reminds me of the late mick grizzly bear

So should be set for a super granny i think with it being decided on the final day?

GENO

Nudie Run;336421 said:
Geno and beenaround, was there any changes in any of your teams last night at the section table?

ah mate no changes to the wanderers.monger still at number six and smith still three.no room for old man temple or stacey.the right decision was made its the side that got us here and weve done better than anybody expected of us already!

nick geno;336425 said:
ah mate no changes to the wanderers.monger still at number six and smith still three.no room for old man temple or stacey.the right decision was made its the side that got us here and weve done better than anybody expected of us already!

Although Monger was a liability and his teammates and coach wanted him out so NE could up the scoring and running between the wickets, there is now way the team could have changed after that win.

The Daily Observer;335930 said:
Thank you very young man. Well, if you are right about Smith, he should give up his spot for the wanderer cause. Bet he doesn't. So much for you elevating him to HERO STATUS, HERO STATUS, HERO STATUS.

Why are you not talking about Stacey's form & how well he would fit into the GF side? Why no comment on B Monger? Have you lost your fondness for Temple?

Come on Ryan, show some guts. Make the call on Stacey v Smith, Temple v Groves, Jarrod Mann v B Monger.

Some of us have been talking about this outside the canteen for weeks. See you tonight.

The Daily Observer... Serious News, Serious Views.

J. Mann vs B. Monger doesn't make any sense. Jabba is an opening bowler, and Monger is a middle order batsman.

nick geno;336415 said:
good post nudie,however sticky i think your being a bit harsh on aussie mann.he is a great bowler and can change a game very quickly much like yourself guttto,especially on one of those new pitches like hursty,playing in the same side as him he is a pleasure to watch, i never seen a bowler have so many play and misses when bowling its unbelievable.but this week should be a good game and both teams have had a good year so should be a good few days...

GENO the wanderer

Tend to disagree on Aussie Mann, however you know him well by the sounds of it and play with him regularily.

All I have seen is his 2 games against us, return of 3 wickets for 150 runs, averaging 50 with the ball. (granted it was on our lifeless pitch).

If he bowls tall and uses the pitch I can see him doing well. Must be commended and surely granted hero status at NE after his cameo with the bat.

nick geno;336220 said:

Yarrambat- Simon bray has been built up alot in the last couple of weeks but has he really got the ticker to perform in the big one?
- Stewie has had some brilliant form in the lead up to the big one,over two hundred runs at an average of over 100,can bat
- Shaw, well alot of pressure is put on this fella this week,wants big bucks and hasnt proved why,,will it be this week that he does
-mobilia...well what can be said.legend of the game but how will he fair, honest batsmen and a very smart bowler should be good to watch

NEW
-al man legend of the game,21 last week and a consistent year for him very experienced.
-jesse smith,alot of pressure on him this week,can he prove critics wrong and show he's not a one game player?
-jack young was apparently the difference last week with bat and ball,hitting form at the right time.
_groves well, crowd favourite?dont think so but can work really well or not at all
-duckworth,hit or miss only played six games but reminds me of the late mick grizzly bear

So should be set for a super granny i think with it being decided on the final day?

GENO

??????????????????????????

Cmon Geno I think most educated people in this thread who know Money Shield cricket know this isnt the case. Good bowler yeah, honest....sure. But I reckon I could name 6 bowlers without blinking who would be better.

yeah when he first played you he got belted the night before and could only see through one eye.anyway they werte both on the old pitches and on these new decks hes great to watch and play with and personally i dont no how batsmen have the patience to stick around when they play and miss all the time!

GENO

nick geno;336220 said:

NEW

GENO

Here's some stats to verify/disprove your theories & some of my own.

NE Wanderers.

Al Mann - averages 25 against the top 5 teams this year, highlighted with a 70 against Yarrambat. NE will want him to replicate that form again. Good bloke, hardly legend of the game pal. Has he become the new captain aroldyte, taken the ball out of Collicoats hand and has been seen bowling a lot more this year.

J Smith - only saw him twice this year both times on a flat dead wicket, 19 and Golden 0. Averages 16 against the top 5 teams this year, not very convincing. very young and 150 against Hurstbridges bowling attack shows he can make runs against decent bowlers - NE and he will expect more from himself this week.

J.Young - good young cricketer, averaging 16 against the top 5 teams this year like Smith, very hand to have batting at 9. Was the pick of the bowlers last week by a country mile, so much that NE had to rely on pie throwers like B.Monger to bowl until Jack could come back from his forced spell. Being a U19 player, bowls limited spells so 14 wickets for the year has been a decent return. Not sure how he will bowl on the newer style pitch at Hursty, however will need 2-3 wickets for them to win the game.

Aussie Mann - Superstar, your kidding right? averaging 27 against the top 4 teams this year with the ball, hardly convincing figures for an opening bowler. Another thing you didn't mention was his brotherly love and commitment to the team. When whe has getting hit around last week and his brother Pete dropped a catch, he went on to bag the shit of him. Hardly the type of player you want in your team. What bowler seriously walks around all day asking his teammates, "Am I the unluckiest bowler ever or what"? Needs to rid himself of worrying about just his game and commit to the team. In saying that, a couple nice hits on the weekend got them across the line. Lets see if he can do it with the ball this week, NE will surely need him to!

Groves - Agree with you on the crowd favourite thing, probably up there as one of the most hated players, renowned for being a cockhead but seems to have changed his ways lately, and was pretty sportsman like on the weekend. He is a proven wicket taker, however will need to bowl above the speeds I have seen the Women bowling at in the 09 Womens world cup, seems to be bowling very slow. Expect players like Shaw and Holzer to slog him through Cow. Fills the spot that BT had for so long.

Duckworth- Keeps okay and a handy batsman at 7 averaging 25 against finals teams. North Eltham will expect the same contribution again.

Other players to watch will be Naidoo, and you left out Collicoat, NE best allrounder.

Yarrambat

Simo Bray - averages 30 with the bat against the teams who made the finals, recent form has returned 3 50's in 5 games. averages 17 with the ballagainst the top 5 teams, all round contribution required if Yarrambat are to win. If I was Al Mann and NE, chop them off at the HEAD, Bray is it. If Bray makes nothing, the game will be won there and then. Good young player, hope he does well but feel as though he is due for a fail, he has been so consisten this year.

Stewart - averages 20 with the bat against the teams who made the finals, including a 78 against SF, not convincing. If NE get Simo out earlish, Stewart will no make runs. Must have a strong off side field against him and catch him on the drive. handy off spinner and another one who will need an all round contribution from him if Yarrambat are to win. Hates a sledge too, get into him early.

Shaw - averages around 17 against teams in the finals, hardly a team player who loves to give it out. I would hate to have my house on him to make runs, very much an individual who hits the ball hard and clean, but gives it up fairly regularily. If Mann, Groves can extract some swing, I'd expect it to get through his gate if he is in within the first 20-3 overs. Can bowl a little bit, does so to justify his spot in the team when he bats like a cowboy. Picked up 4 fa last week, impressive, albeit against a team who don't bat well. Yarrambat would love him to get one or two to support Simo & Chuck. Bit of a Jeckal & Hyde, which Shaw will Yarambat get this week?

Mobilia - experienced player, will be interesting to see how he goes, he rates himself pretty highly and has been heard saying "I'm to good for this Money Shield stuff". We'll see how good he really is this week, have the feeling he do a holding role on North Eltham with the ball and will be required to get 20-30 odd for the bats to make a decent total.

Holzer - pull his weight, and some. When was the last time this guy made runs? 4 highest score this year have returned 46, 37, 21, 19. Averages 11 against the finals teams this year, pretty modest to say the least - owes Yarrambat a decent score for showing faith in him all year. Batting down at 4 now, probably a good idea seeing how poor he has been opening this year. ANother one who will say whether or not the Bats post a decent total.

R.Mckweon - Can he be dropped? who will be the first from NE to sledge him regarding grand finals, at your own peril, but jeez it would be funny. Again, Yarrambat have been inconsistent and his batting is a concern like the others. they have many decent cricketers, however against decent bowling teams they have been in trouble early. Rely heavily on their lower order bats and bowlers, must admit pretty soft batting at 9. KOALA BEAR SYNDROME. would love to see a choke and a good sledge, he almost throttled one of our blokes for a sledge this year after being run out.

Other players to watch include Wilson the ****er, and Chipper to get some to help out the top order.

My tip: after North Eltham knocked off the Bats in a close one early in the season, I think both teams are considerably better, Yarrambat are playing better consistent cricket, NE have picked up handy players including Groves and P.Mann. No Reid however after his soft effort at a Junior game this year.... I expect Yarrambat to be too strong if their bats can all chip in with a decent total of 230+

nick geno;336469 said:
yeah when he first played you he got belted the night before and could only see through one eye.anyway they werte both on the old pitches and on these new decks hes great to watch and play with and personally i dont no how batsmen have the patience to stick around when they play and miss all the time!

GENO

True that, I do remember that LOL, rocked up looking like a goldfish. eye popping out like crazy.

Sticky Wicket;336381 said:

NE Wanderers.

Al Mann - averages 25 against the top 5 teams this year, highlighted with a 70 against Yarrambat. NE will want him to replicate that form again. Good bloke, hardly legend of the game pal. Has he become the new captain aroldyte, taken the ball out of Collicoats hand and has been seen bowling a lot more this year.

J Smith - only saw him twice this year both times on a flat dead wicket, 19 and Golden 0. Averages 16 against the top 5 teams this year, not very convincing. very young and 150 against Hurstbridges bowling attack shows he can make runs against decent bowlers - NE and he will expect more from himself this week.

J.Young - good young cricketer, averaging 16 against the top 5 teams this year like Smith, very hand to have batting at 9. Was the pick of the bowlers last week by a country mile, so much that NE had to rely on pie throwers like B.Monger to bowl until Jack could come back from his forced spell. Being a U19 player, bowls limited spells so 14 wickets for the year has been a decent return. Not sure how he will bowl on the newer style pitch at Hursty, however will need 2-3 wickets for them to win the game.

Aussie Mann - Superstar, your kidding right? averaging 27 against the top 4 teams this year with the ball, hardly convincing figures for an opening bowler. Another thing you didn't mention was his brotherly love and commitment to the team. When whe has getting hit around last week and his brother Pete dropped a catch, he went on to bag the shit of him. Hardly the type of player you want in your team. What bowler seriously walks around all day asking his teammates, "Am I the unluckiest bowler ever or what"? Needs to rid himself of worrying about just his game and commit to the team. In saying that, a couple nice hits on the weekend got them across the line. Lets see if he can do it with the ball this week, NE will surely need him to!

Groves - Agree with you on the crowd favourite thing, probably up there as one of the most hated players, renowned for being a cockhead but seems to have changed his ways lately, and was pretty sportsman like on the weekend. He is a proven wicket taker, however will need to bowl above the speeds I have seen the Women bowling at in the 09 Womens world cup, seems to be bowling very slow. Expect players like Shaw and Holzer to slog him through Cow. Fills the spot that BT had for so long.

Duckworth- Keeps okay and a handy batsman at 7 averaging 25 against finals teams. North Eltham will expect the same contribution again.

Other players to watch will be Naidoo, and you left out Collicoat, NE best allrounder.

Yarrambat

Simo Bray - averages 30 with the bat against the teams who made the finals, recent form has returned 3 50's in 5 games. averages 17 with the ballagainst the top 5 teams, all round contribution required if Yarrambat are to win. If I was Al Mann and NE, chop them off at the HEAD, Bray is it. If Bray makes nothing, the game will be won there and then. Good young player, hope he does well but feel as though he is due for a fail, he has been so consisten this year.

Stewart - averages 20 with the bat against the teams who made the finals, including a 78 against SF, not convincing. If NE get Simo out earlish, Stewart will no make runs. Must have a strong off side field against him and catch him on the drive. handy off spinner and another one who will need an all round contribution from him if Yarrambat are to win. Hates a sledge too, get into him early.

Shaw - averages around 17 against teams in the finals, hardly a team player who loves to give it out. I would hate to have my house on him to make runs, very much an individual who hits the ball hard and clean, but gives it up fairly regularily. If Mann, Groves can extract some swing, I'd expect it to get through his gate if he is in within the first 20-3 overs. Can bowl a little bit, does so to justify his spot in the team when he bats like a cowboy. Picked up 4 fa last week, impressive, albeit against a team who don't bat well. Yarrambat would love him to get one or two to support Simo & Chuck. Bit of a Jeckal & Hyde, which Shaw will Yarambat get this week?

Mobilia - experienced player, will be interesting to see how he goes, he rates himself pretty highly and has been heard saying "I'm to good for this Money Shield stuff". We'll see how good he really is this week, have the feeling he do a holding role on North Eltham with the ball and will be required to get 20-30 odd for the bats to make a decent total.

Holzer - pull his weight, and some. When was the last time this guy made runs? 4 highest score this year have returned 46, 37, 21, 19. Averages 11 against the finals teams this year, pretty modest to say the least - owes Yarrambat a decent score for showing faith in him all year. Batting down at 4 now, probably a good idea seeing how poor he has been opening this year. ANother one who will say whether or not the Bats post a decent total.

R.Mckweon - Can he be dropped? who will be the first from NE to sledge him regarding grand finals, at your own peril, but jeez it would be funny. Again, Yarrambat have been inconsistent and his batting is a concern like the others. they have many decent cricketers, however against decent bowling teams they have been in trouble early. Rely heavily on their lower order bats and bowlers, must admit pretty soft batting at 9. KOALA BEAR SYNDROME. would love to see a choke and a good sledge, he almost throttled one of our blokes for a sledge this year after being run out.

Other players to watch include Wilson the ****er, and Chipper to get some to help out the top order.

My tip: after North Eltham knocked off the Bats in a close one early in the season, I think both teams are considerably better, Yarrambat are playing better consistent cricket, NE have picked up handy players including Groves and P.Mann. No Reid however after his soft effort at a Junior game this year.... I expect Yarrambat to be too strong if their bats can all chip in with a decent total of 230+

very true, came back from northcote on the big bucks and hasnt pulled his weight, is it true there were a few words exchanged at cq on sunday night between st francis and yarrambat blokes sticky???

Great post sticky about time something worth reading was posted. the last 5 or 6 pages have been just absolute dribble that is not worth reading.

spider88;336542 said:
very true, came back from northcote on the big bucks and hasnt pulled his weight, is it true there were a few words exchanged at cq on sunday night between st francis and yarrambat blokes sticky???

If your looking for "St.Francis and Yarrambat go the knuckle at CQ" it was nothing like that :D... Few of us boys are mates with simon bray, had a good chat to him, there were a few smartass remarks and a few hand choke signals going our way (not from Bray), but all in all a bit of banter and thats about it, few boys had been on the drink since after the game so nothing much in it! im sure if the guys meet up at Hurstbridge this week or next week they'll have a beer together and a laugh!

Concussion;336365 said:
??????????????????????????

Cmon Geno I think most educated people in this thread who know Money Shield cricket know this isnt the case. Good bowler yeah, honest....sure. But I reckon I could name 6 bowlers without blinking who would be better.

My tip for this weekend

NEW V BATS

This will be a good game of cricket between 2 sides that no one picked to be there at season end. the Bats have 3 keys to wining this game, 1. Bray- has been doing all year for the bats with both bat and ball the team need him to fire if they are a chance of winning alot rides on the young kids shoulders 2. Stewart- is there best bat and when gets going is very hard to control, hits the ball hard is the X factor in the side if he makes 80+ they will win 3. Mobilla - the experience in a young side if he can lead the young guys keeping there heads in the game they will get over the line, he takes his cricket very seriously and gives 100% everytime he walks on the field him and bray with the new ball need to do the damage early for them.
NEW have 2 keys 1. Al Mann- has made there runs all year at top of the order and has for a few years now, he is the captain and if he gets going early he will lift the young players giving them confidence to follow him. a good bloke the best bloke in the team by a mile and always gives a 100% 2. Collicoat - All rounder sare important in a team and he is one is very handy with the bat and ball if he can take 3-4 wickets and support Al with the bat New will be very tough to beat good cricketer hasnt had the best season by his standards but there is no better way of making up for that and doing in the GF and he can do that.

After all that my tip is Yarrambat to go to barclay only just i feel they have a bit more finals experience on there side

good luck to both sides and most of all enjoy the experience

good post nudie,however sticky i think your being a bit harsh on aussie mann.he is a great bowler and can change a game very quickly much like yourself guttto,especially on one of those new pitches like hursty,playing in the same side as him he is a pleasure to watch, i never seen a bowler have so many play and misses when bowling its unbelievable.but this week should be a good game and both teams have had a good year so should be a good few days...

GENO the wanderer

Nudie Run;336421 said:
Geno and beenaround, was there any changes in any of your teams last night at the section table?

No mate, same side as semi final.
They just could'nt squeeze me in :p:p:p

Should be in for a belter I think.

Hate to ruin a good sledge, but Ronnie was actually dropped for the second semi, not the Grand final.
Was told 30 minutes before the first bounce, after being selected at Full Back.

Good luck to all on the weekend, i've read the reviews and they have provided some great insight, but i don't care what number he bats, Ronny will be the key wicket, as Morang found out last week.

Dropped first Ball;336633 said:
How is it that the NEW coach can get the flick after he gets them to the Grand Final and probably the shield

I think the situation is that the coaching position will be opened to all applicants at the end of the season, including Richard. However, from what I have heard the club has a preference for a playing coach next season. Also, I have a feeling that Richard may be happy to move on as he has been undermined by some of older senior players at the club. Richard has been an excellent coach of the younger blokes coming into seniors from juniors, and given that the vast majority of players at NEW are under 21 he has been the right man for our club over the past 3 years. However, many around the club believe it is time to bring in a new coach to give the young blokes some tough love so as their egos don't get ahead of their cricketing ability. I wouldn't rule out Richard returning to coach NEW next season, but I believe his chances of doing so are slim to none.

Wanderer;336696 said:
I think the situation is that the coaching position will be opened to all applicants at the end of the season, including Richard. However, from what I have heard the club has a preference for a playing coach next season. Also, I have a feeling that Richard may be happy to move on as he has been undermined by some of older senior players at the club. Richard has been an excellent coach of the younger blokes coming into seniors from juniors, and given that the vast majority of players at NEW are under 21 he has been the right man for our club over the past 3 years. However, many around the club believe it is time to bring in a new coach to give the young blokes some tough love so as their egos don't get ahead of their cricketing ability. I wouldn't rule out Richard returning to coach NEW next season, but I believe his chances of doing so are slim to none.

Richard will not be senior coach at North Eltham next season.

Nudie Run;336421 said:

Any reasons why we haven't heard from the wanderers guys today. Wouldn't be because they are 6 for 120 is it. Yarrambat well on their way to barclay.

nick geno;336425 said:

Although Monger was a liability and his teammates and coach wanted him out so NE could up the scoring and running between the wickets, there is now way the team could have changed after that win.

Eye of the tiger;336828 said:
Any reasons why we haven't heard from the wanderers guys today. Wouldn't be because they are 6 for 120 is it. Yarrambat well on their way to barclay.
Umm nah, a lot of us were actually down at the club having a chat, while you were probably at home pondering what could have been for Mill Park.

Anyway, the game isn't over just the yet. With the two Mongers in and Youngy to come we might just be able to post a defendable score. And everyone is pretty aware that Yarrambat are much better bowlers than batsmen.

nick geno;336415 said:

GENO the wanderer

Tend to disagree on Aussie Mann, however you know him well by the sounds of it and play with him regularily.

All I have seen is his 2 games against us, return of 3 wickets for 150 runs, averaging 50 with the ball. (granted it was on our lifeless pitch).

If he bowls tall and uses the pitch I can see him doing well. Must be commended and surely granted hero status at NE after his cameo with the bat.

NEWCC (L);336862 said:
Umm nah, a lot of us were actually down at the club having a chat, while you were probably at home pondering what could have been for Mill Park.

Anyway, the game isn't over just the yet. With the two Mongers in and Youngy to come we might just be able to post a defendable score. And everyone is pretty aware that Yarrambat are much better bowlers than batsmen.

Although I would say that we have a slight upper hand at the moment, I do say SLIGHT...
Still anyones ball game at this stage, and there was some very good cricket played today.
As for us being a MUCH better bowling side, compared to our batting, I would only say that it "could" be costly if you under rate our batting...

GENO

There is a long way to go in this match, anything can happen in finals cricket. If our boys push up towards 200, NEW will be every chance to defend it against a team that was 8/90-odd last week in the semi. I am looking forward to tomorrow's play, should be a great battle between the two sides. Here's hoping the rain stays away.

nick geno;336469 said:

GENO

True that, I do remember that LOL, rocked up looking like a goldfish. eye popping out like crazy.

Wanderer;336868 said:
There is a long way to go in this match, anything can happen in finals cricket. If our boys push up towards 200, NEW will be every chance to defend it against a team that was 8/90-odd last week in the semi. I am looking forward to tomorrow's play, should be a great battle between the two sides. Here's hoping the rain stays away.

7/92, but close enough :p

Sticky Wicket;336381 said:

NE Wanderers.

Yarrambat

great post champ:rolleyes:

spider88;336542 said:

If your looking for "St.Francis and Yarrambat go the knuckle at CQ" it was nothing like that :D... Few of us boys are mates with simon bray, had a good chat to him, there were a few smartass remarks and a few hand choke signals going our way (not from Bray), but all in all a bit of banter and thats about it, few boys had been on the drink since after the game so nothing much in it! im sure if the guys meet up at Hurstbridge this week or next week they'll have a beer together and a laugh!

Lol have fun in Money shield next year Eye of the tiger !!!!!!!
Wanderers are up and about and onto bigger and better things next year

No Good at cricket;336993 said:
Lol have fun in Money shield next year Eye of the tiger !!!!!!!
Wanderers are up and about and onto bigger and better things next year
Now Dizza the match isn't exactly over yet. There's still 80 overs to be bowled next Saturday, the most important 80 of our club's career.

Isn't it great when people get proven wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back