DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

Nudie Run;336421 said:
Geno and beenaround, was there any changes in any of your teams last night at the section table?

No mate, same side as semi final.
They just could'nt squeeze me in :p:p:p

Should be in for a belter I think.

Surprise Surprise..

NEW on it's way to Barclay and....
Groves fires, Smith gets runs, Monger provides the backbone.

Great motivational work Daily Observer!

Wandering into Barclay.... goodbye Ronny.

The Daily Observer.... on the pulse, still undetected!

Dropped first Ball;336633 said:
How is it that the NEW coach can get the flick after he gets them to the Grand Final and probably the shield

I think the situation is that the coaching position will be opened to all applicants at the end of the season, including Richard. However, from what I have heard the club has a preference for a playing coach next season. Also, I have a feeling that Richard may be happy to move on as he has been undermined by some of older senior players at the club. Richard has been an excellent coach of the younger blokes coming into seniors from juniors, and given that the vast majority of players at NEW are under 21 he has been the right man for our club over the past 3 years. However, many around the club believe it is time to bring in a new coach to give the young blokes some tough love so as their egos don't get ahead of their cricketing ability. I wouldn't rule out Richard returning to coach NEW next season, but I believe his chances of doing so are slim to none.

Teapicker;334983 said:
You are a clown cocko. I have no allegiance to either team but your anti fist pumping is a sure sign of being touched inappropriately at some stage. Maybe in the rooms at some stage whilst discussing your 3/78 you got in the 3rds one week it may have happened. At least you wont have to worry about fist pumping if you go up to Barclay because that's the least of your problems.
I'm back on the Bats

Picker Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh but you used to Teapicker

Wanderer;336696 said:
I think the situation is that the coaching position will be opened to all applicants at the end of the season, including Richard. However, from what I have heard the club has a preference for a playing coach next season. Also, I have a feeling that Richard may be happy to move on as he has been undermined by some of older senior players at the club. Richard has been an excellent coach of the younger blokes coming into seniors from juniors, and given that the vast majority of players at NEW are under 21 he has been the right man for our club over the past 3 years. However, many around the club believe it is time to bring in a new coach to give the young blokes some tough love so as their egos don't get ahead of their cricketing ability. I wouldn't rule out Richard returning to coach NEW next season, but I believe his chances of doing so are slim to none.

Richard will not be senior coach at North Eltham next season.

Is it just me,or has anyone else noticed a certain Captain/Coach of a losing semi final side only bowling 10 overs for 19 runs......with no second spell,while his younger more inexperienced bowlers got trashed around the park for a surprise loss.....????!!!!??

Rumour has it....the powers to be are not at all pleased at the way things played out on that certain afternoon.....

Any reasons why we haven't heard from the wanderers guys today. Wouldn't be because they are 6 for 120 is it. Yarrambat well on their way to barclay.

Eye of the tiger;336828 said:
Any reasons why we haven't heard from the wanderers guys today. Wouldn't be because they are 6 for 120 is it. Yarrambat well on their way to barclay.
Umm nah, a lot of us were actually down at the club having a chat, while you were probably at home pondering what could have been for Mill Park.

Anyway, the game isn't over just the yet. With the two Mongers in and Youngy to come we might just be able to post a defendable score. And everyone is pretty aware that Yarrambat are much better bowlers than batsmen.

NEWCC (L);336862 said:
Umm nah, a lot of us were actually down at the club having a chat, while you were probably at home pondering what could have been for Mill Park.

Anyway, the game isn't over just the yet. With the two Mongers in and Youngy to come we might just be able to post a defendable score. And everyone is pretty aware that Yarrambat are much better bowlers than batsmen.

Although I would say that we have a slight upper hand at the moment, I do say SLIGHT...
Still anyones ball game at this stage, and there was some very good cricket played today.
As for us being a MUCH better bowling side, compared to our batting, I would only say that it "could" be costly if you under rate our batting...

There is a long way to go in this match, anything can happen in finals cricket. If our boys push up towards 200, NEW will be every chance to defend it against a team that was 8/90-odd last week in the semi. I am looking forward to tomorrow's play, should be a great battle between the two sides. Here's hoping the rain stays away.

Wanderer;336868 said:
There is a long way to go in this match, anything can happen in finals cricket. If our boys push up towards 200, NEW will be every chance to defend it against a team that was 8/90-odd last week in the semi. I am looking forward to tomorrow's play, should be a great battle between the two sides. Here's hoping the rain stays away.

7/92, but close enough :p

great post champ:rolleyes:

Lol have fun in Money shield next year Eye of the tiger !!!!!!!
Wanderers are up and about and onto bigger and better things next year

No Good at cricket;336993 said:
Now Dizza the match isn't exactly over yet. There's still 80 overs to be bowled next Saturday, the most important 80 of our club's career.

Isn't it great when people get proven wrong?

Surprise Surprise..

NEW on it's way to Barclay and....
Groves fires, Smith gets runs, Monger provides the backbone.

Great motivational work Daily Observer!

Wandering into Barclay.... goodbye Ronny.

The Daily Observer.... on the pulse, still undetected!

Teapicker;334983 said:
You are a clown cocko. I have no allegiance to either team but your anti fist pumping is a sure sign of being touched inappropriately at some stage. Maybe in the rooms at some stage whilst discussing your 3/78 you got in the 3rds one week it may have happened. At least you wont have to worry about fist pumping if you go up to Barclay because that's the least of your problems.
I'm back on the Bats

Picker Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh but you used to Teapicker

Is it just me,or has anyone else noticed a certain Captain/Coach of a losing semi final side only bowling 10 overs for 19 runs......with no second spell,while his younger more inexperienced bowlers got trashed around the park for a surprise loss.....????!!!!??

Rumour has it....the powers to be are not at all pleased at the way things played out on that certain afternoon.....

the daily observer is nolonger undetected!i know who you are and i will reveal on this thread unless you PM me observer!we have all waited way too long and i have finally got you!good game on the weekend the boys looked out of it when YArrambat were 4/102 but sooo quickly back in it!surprise batting display from holzer batted well though and shaw could of been the key to grab first innings lead but was too busy sledging whilst he was batting and ended up trapped before to the grover!!!!!!!!!

nick geno;337317 said:
the daily observer is nolonger undetected!i know who you are and i will reveal on this thread unless you PM me observer!we have all waited way too long and i have finally got you!good game on the weekend the boys looked out of it when YArrambat were 4/102 but sooo quickly back in it!surprise batting display from holzer batted well though and shaw could of been the key to grab first innings lead but was too busy sledging whilst he was batting and ended up trapped before to the grover!!!!!!!!!

Thought you looked at me strange at Hursty yesterday. Got me. Let's keep this to us!

French Cut;337287 said:

If the younger guys couldn't do they job, then so be it. Why rely on a player who is 37 and probably not going to play in a few years time. We wont be a club who rely's on one or two players to get us up to BS then get smashed as soon as they retire, only for the club to be in turmoil. I see Hursty is sort of going through this at the moment.

I think you're ill advised on the experience factor, O'Hallaran, Robbie Thomas, Coxy and myself have probably played 150-180 odd 1st XI games combined and all played 1's since the age of 15/16 are now 22-25.

Where's the good in that....

Rumour has it I don't think anyone was happy, but such is life.

CONGRATS TO NE, ALL THE BEST IN BS NEXT YEAR.

nick geno;337317 said:

Thought you looked at me strange at Hursty yesterday. Got me. Let's keep this to us!

No Good at cricket;336993 said:

Keep writing us off guys !
You have your hands on it (the shield I mean:p) AT THE MOMENT, but the game is far from over...
Would'nt want to drop it from here...
Would make Duckworths and Groves actions from Sunday look pretty bad would'nt it ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back