DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha thats outstanding!

That Lower team has since gone on to lose a Grand Final and then win the next one. Lucky we didn't have our
confidence shattered by the Strangler or that may never have happened!

I couldn't agree more. Those were the days. Below is one of my favourite posts of all time by Wandering Uniting in reply to the Strangler. That sort of hilarity has disappeared.

riversidestrangler said:
Lowers batting didn't look all that special to me particlarly the fact that we bowled them all out for 120 and then had them 6/40 after 12 overs in the second dig.​
As for if my inclussion for round 11 would have made a difference. It may have however, Jim who came in for me took 4 wickets, i feel that i could have had a similar effect with the ball. So then i must say it would come down to my batting. I am capable of making a big score quickly, however having not done it so far this season and i am sure everone would agree that my batting wouldn't have had much affect on our score. I would have liked to have a crack at them but it was not to be.​
Good luck to all the Teams in the Finals. Im tipping Camrea vs Plenty GF. With Camrea to have an upset win vs. Plenty​
WanderingUnity said:
Are you kidding Strangler?? There are 6 I's in that post, with 4 my's - have you ever been told that cricket is a team game, not a one man sport, you are clearly overrating even your ability with the ball, having only taken 7 wickets with the ball and a strike rate of 54, it would have taken you 36 overs to get 4 wickets, surely there was not that much time.
And please with an average of 5.3 with the bat, the 'capable of making a big score quickly' is miles of the mark, although one snick through slips second ball would be your average, so I guess you are right.
With attitudes like yours, the coaching role at the Side must be joyous, with so many me's and I's in the team.

Correct- not that it bears any meaning to the DV forum but I'd just like to clear the air, sannab2b is from a minnow former HDCA club East Ivanhoe and its a bunch of blokes; Lawrence Martin, Matt Walsh and and couple of others, a few flogs who love to try and stir the pot and make other clubs ( Rosanna, banyule and Heidelberg in particular) I worl in the city and work mate saw me on big cricket and advised that his mates ( the idiots above) are also on the site and are mucking around with "some sanna alias" and are taking great pleasure in pissing people off.
Wouldn't surprise me, immature young kids

Hey Brutal, can you confirm or deny the Gilmore rumour?
I'll have to check for you. Fair to say he's had more than 1 lean year though! I know we were talking to former Premier cricketer last Friday night. Not sure how that went either........should pull my finger out I suppose:)

I'll have to check for you. Fair to say he's had more than 1 lean year though! I know we were talking to former Premier cricketer last Friday night. Not sure how that went either........should pull my finger out I suppose:)
The Riverside Strangler played premier cricket. Will fill the spot left by Adam
dale nicely.

Your getting a bit slack these days Brutal...

Research has shown a lot of faith in him over the last couple of seasons, no doubt looking to the longer term future.
It would be disappointed to lose him at this stage of his career, particularly to a middle-ranking Money Shield side.
One can only wonder at his motivation for such a backward step.

What's your source? Rumors or fact?

Anderson is coach so obvious fact. Been told they havent lost anyone except maybe Carlton for half the season.
HCC info from a few blokes at HFC then were confirmed by couple who play there so im assuming they are fact. All those blokes gone definitely except biscontin who is still 50/50 with district/heidelberg

Correct me if i am wrong?

Anderson is coach so obvious fact. Been told they havent lost anyone except maybe Carlton for half the season.
HCC info from a few blokes at HFC then were confirmed by couple who play there so im assuming they are fact. All those blokes gone definitely except biscontin who is still 50/50 with district/heidelberg

Any word on O'Connor left arm around?

Nothing to correct, just wondering if it was true or not

Hahaha thats outstanding!

That Lower team has since gone on to lose a Grand Final and then win the next one. Lucky we didn't have our
confidence shattered by the Strangler or that may never have happened!

Thanks for the kind words guys, I think we all miss the strangler...the ban seems to be doing it's job.
Surely we can get rid of these kids, wherever they are from, when the season starts, still a long way off, so many more rumours and bu;;sh!t to listen to.

On the HDCA side of things and apart from Heidelberg and Rosanna, what are some of the rumoured player movements/losses/gains?

This is a DVCA site, not a HDCA site, stop going on an on about just HDCA teams. Its boring.

But I will correct something. Brent O'Connor. GONE.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I think we all miss the strangler...the ban seems to be doing it's job.
Surely we can get rid of these kids, wherever they are from, when the season starts, still a long way off, so many more rumours and bu;;sh!t to listen to.

Opener2 is on the money, that was a brilliant post. Loved it back then, and just as much second time around. I also agree, I miss him on here, he created a lot of fun and laughs and was always willing to put himself out there to cop it and always took it on the chin. Maybe one of you guys can get him cleared to play at your club so the BC ban can be lifted ;)

I did hear something interested about the strangler. Apparently he is heavily involved in UFC, and I was told he is apparently "a dead set nutter. Not a fan of tapping out, would rather be knocked out or have his arm broken than to tap out". So on that note, I apologise to the strangler for all the shlte I gave him last year :D

The Riverside Strangler played premier cricket. Will fill the spot left by Adam
dale nicely.

Your getting a bit slack these days Brutal...

It seems I am, but I'll endeavour to keep my finger on the pulse from now on;) Club Pres knows nothing about Happy G. still in negotiations with premier 1's cricketer and I don't know if Adam has met with club as arranged(could still be overseas). Last I heard though he may have been taking a coaching role at Northcote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back