DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

LEGCUTTER;354640 said:
O come on unit, at least tool can get thru a sentence without having to use the effbomb or the ceebomb to get his point across!!???

F####n oath the c### can!
He goes alright.
Next

captain cuzz;354685 said:
Camrae in - 18 votes to 5.

A step in a good direction for our competition in my book.

Oh Goody.....Camrea have been accepted....Now in there wisdom are the powers to be in charge of the DVCA going to inform the original 12 money teams of there plans for the season........ie...Is there any change to the finals this year...like a final 6 or still the stanard final 4...is there plans in the future for a 3rd division?????..Dont approach.......Sorry let clubs apply unless your willing to inform the original clubs of your plans.....

French Cut;354770 said:
Oh Goody.....Camrea have been accepted....Now in there wisdom are the powers to be in charge of the DVCA going to inform the original 12 money teams of there plans for the season........ie...Is there any change to the finals this year...like a final 6 or still the stanard final 4...is there plans in the future for a 3rd division?????..Dont approach.......Sorry let clubs apply unless your willing to inform the original clubs of your plans.....

I think its great Camrea got in, it will help the DVCA become a stronger comp in years to come. My understanding is clubs will no next month of all changes for the coming season.

I think the DVCA has been very good on letting the clubs know whats going on with Camrea trying to enter the comp. They have given the clubs a month do make there minds up which way they will vote you cant be any fairer then that..

Good luck to Camrea cant wait to see what they can offer the Dvca and watch them play.

The Wizz;354773 said:
I think its great Camrea got in, it will help the DVCA become a stronger comp in years to come. My understanding is clubs will no next month of all changes for the coming season.

I think the DVCA has been very good on letting the clubs know whats going on with Camrea trying to enter the comp. They have given the clubs a month do make there minds up which way they will vote you cant be any fairer then that..

Good luck to Camrea cant wait to see what they can offer the Dvca and watch them play.

Like i said.....OH GOODIE CAMREA IS IN.....................As i understand it,you tell each member club of the proposed changes...Then let the applying club in,not let the applying club in and tell the clubs of the proposed changes.....

French Cut;354781 said:
Like i said.....OH GOODIE CAMREA IS IN.....................As i understand it,you tell each member club of the proposed changes...Then let the applying club in,not let the applying club in and tell the clubs of the proposed changes.....

You can't make changes to anything unless you know for certain if there's a need for change.

The Camrae decision was left to the clubs and until last night, no one knew if they'd actually get the vote!

Now that Camrae have been accepted into the DVCA, I'm confident the exec will be swift in getting their plans for the coming season out to everyone.

captain cuzz;354802 said:
You can't make changes to anything unless you know for certain if there's a need for change.

The Camrae decision was left to the clubs and until last night, no one knew if they'd actually get the vote!

Now that Camrae have been accepted into the DVCA, I'm confident the exec will be swift in getting their plans for the coming season out to everyone.

I've got no issue with Camrea coming across, the more quality players we can attract the better, but i have to agree with French Cut, surely the clubs (money shield more so) had to know exactly the ramifications of the decision. As a comp we've gone from having no one day games to two last season and to fit in scheduling may have to play up to 5 this year, if, as a comp we persist with two dayers, clubs will have to play more saturday/sunday cricket. Something that was overwhelmingly opposed las year.
i'm confident the exec will make the right decision, in consultation with the clubs, but thought a decision should have been based on more than yes/no we welcome them to the leauge and we'll sort out the details later.

Bundoora;354873 said:
I've got no issue with Camrea coming across, the more quality players we can attract the better, but i have to agree with French Cut, surely the clubs (money shield more so) had to know exactly the ramifications of the decision. As a comp we've gone from having no one day games to two last season and to fit in scheduling may have to play up to 5 this year, if, as a comp we persist with two dayers, clubs will have to play more saturday/sunday cricket. Something that was overwhelmingly opposed las year.
i'm confident the exec will make the right decision, in consultation with the clubs, but thought a decision should have been based on more than yes/no we welcome them to the leauge and we'll sort out the details later.

I would have thought at the least there would have been an opportunity before the vote for any club to ask questions of the exec, and the issue of fixturing would surely have been raised. Didn't that happen?

Reggie Duff;354874 said:
I would have thought at the least there would have been an opportunity before the vote for any club to ask questions of the exec, and the issue of fixturing would surely have been raised. Didn't that happen?

Not sure, it may well have. I wasn't there.

Ultimately the DVCA clubs and particularly those in Money Shield had the following choice:

Have a bye due to 13 clubs participating in Money Shield
Or
Play more one dayers to fit in the extra games if everyone is to play each other twice.

It is not rocket science.

Snake;354876 said:
Ultimately the DVCA clubs and particularly those in Money Shield had the following choice:

Have a bye due to 13 clubs participating in Money Shield
Or
Play more one dayers to fit in the extra games if everyone is to play each other twice.

It is not rocket science.

Your right, it's not rocket science but it's also not as simple as you make out.

For starters each team plays each other once, not twice and i'm sure the bye would have been a consideration in some clubs voting.

the fact is that Money Sheild are either going to have to play more one day games, more sat/sun cricket or both. Something the 26 clubs voted out last season.

Bundoora;354877 said:
Your right, it's not rocket science but it's also not as simple as you make out.

For starters each team plays each other once, not twice and i'm sure the bye would have been a consideration in some clubs voting.

the fact is that Money Sheild are either going to have to play more one day games, more sat/sun cricket or both. Something the 26 clubs voted out last season.

From my understanding there will be 7 two day games= 14 weeks...6 one day games=6 weeks we add them up its 20 weeks of cricket....The sides that play each other in the 1 dayers this year will play each other 2 dayers next season...I cant see them making it a final 6 but keep in mind there will be good sides that wont make the finals this season..

Camrea
Mont
College
greensy
St Franks
Yarrambat
lower

There's 7 very good evan teams who will make it this season??Only time will tell!!

Then the vote suggests that they would prefer to play cricket in whatever format rather than having a bye. I hate bye's but prefer two day games to one day games.
Something had to give and it might be a case of short term pain (more one dayers) for long term gain (stronger competition).

The Wizz;354880 said:
From my understanding there will be 7 two day games= 14 weeks...6 one day games=6 weeks we add them up its 20 weeks of cricket....The sides that play each other in the 1 dayers this year will play each other 2 dayers next season...I cant see them making it a final 6 but keep in mind there will be good sides that wont make the finals this season..

Camrea
Mont
College
greensy
St Franks
Yarrambat
lower

There's 7 very good evan teams who will make it this season??Only time will tell!!
Not that I play for them however the other team you could add to the list is Morang. Semi finallists in Money shield last year. It will be damn hard to make finals this year.

Also keeping in mind that if this trend were to continue (new clubs) and there were a 3rd division added (which most people say is imminent), it is quite probable that the teams that finish 5th and 6th in Money (obviously just missing finals and having an ok year) will be relegated as reward. And Barclay being as even as it is the bottom 4 teams will all go down to Money. Unless the DVCA dont let anyone else in and either leave as is (12 Barclay, 14 Money) or go 13 teams each and BOTH grades have a bye. Either way extremely interesting times ahead in the next 2-3 years.

But in relation to this year, all teams in Money Shield will have to play out of their skins. Shaping up to be massive!

i heard over the weekend from a mont player that Travis Hand will be coaching them this year with whale Captain

it is going to be a great year in money shield will be intresting how many players from camrea will stay in jika

what is the finals system going to be? is it still top 4 or is going to be a top 6?

has anyone heard anything on recruiting for money shield teams?

what's happening at lower plenty this year? are all there big guns hanging around to play money shield?

have the Franks pick up anyone? i hear they have a new assistant coach and opening bat?

Nudie Run;354900 said:
i heard over the weekend from a mont player that Travis Hand will be coaching them this year with whale Captain

it is going to be a great year in money shield will be intresting how many players from camrea will stay in jika

what is the finals system going to be? is it still top 4 or is going to be a top 6?

What happened to Wayne Wunhym, I thought he had been re-appointed as coach at Mont?

Concussion;354898 said:
Not that I play for them however the other team you could add to the list is Morang. Semi finallists in Money shield last year. It will be damn hard to make finals this year.

Also keeping in mind that if this trend were to continue (new clubs) and there were a 3rd division added (which most people say is imminent), it is quite probable that the teams that finish 5th and 6th in Money (obviously just missing finals and having an ok year) will be relegated as reward. And Barclay being as even as it is the bottom 4 teams will all go down to Money. Unless the DVCA dont let anyone else in and either leave as is (12 Barclay, 14 Money) or go 13 teams each and BOTH grades have a bye. Either way extremely interesting times ahead in the next 2-3 years.

But in relation to this year, all teams in Money Shield will have to play out of their skins. Shaping up to be massive!

Does having a bye need to be a bad thing? Assuming all clubs in both Barclay and Money have reserves which will also have byes, why not fixture each team a friendly. The Barclay Shield team plays Money Reserve & vice versa. Possibly the silliest idea ever heard on here, but might have some merit?

Nudie Run;354901 said:
has anyone heard anything on recruiting for money shield teams?

what's happening at lower plenty this year? are all there big guns hanging around to play money shield?

have the Franks pick up anyone? i hear they have a new assistant coach and opening bat?

Your info on Mont is correct, apparently lower have retained all (incl arnberger) there players from last season and i've heard they have picked up a couple !!!

Nudie Run;354900 said:

I believed they had signed a leg spinner named Mat Hewat (ex Hawthorn/Monash) as captain coach (from their website couple of months ago) but their website is now saying Wunhym's captain coach again this year. Sounds like its all a bit up in the air at Mont at the moment.

Maybe Wunhym got asked and declined?? Trav Hand is a very very good player and did coach one of the U/16 teams for the DVCA over summer. Whale is wily and cranky. Perfect captain material!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back