DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

one shot;405847 said:
brutal;405826 said:
i would curious to know what somebody of that experience and skill would be worth $$$$$.
i personally don't really care what players get paid, if you can get it and justify it good on you.

but you would have to be talking $15k to $20k surely?

i would think there are a lot less credentialed running around on 6 to 8 K

might be know were near, but i would'nt think he would have been on anyhting less at melbourne and Bundoora old paradians. Hmmm

I know one club allegedly offered him 15k. As for us, we would have matched that if required, however we offered him a package that could of potentially been worth twice that with minimal cost to the club. In the end he told us that if he did decide to play DVCA, it would only be with us. I think if he does play at all, it may be at the newly named Plenty Valley! But then again where talking Adam here, so who knows. I spoke to his old mate Rodney Hogg and he reckons he`s mad not takeing the 15k!

would you rather have 3 blokes at 5K or one bloke at 15K?
you get 3 blokes who can get 20 wickets and 250 runs you add depth and more chances to win a game, if the 15k man gets injured then you have put all your eggs in the one basket.
i know those 3 blokes are so easy to find!

Word has it that the Francs will soon be announcing that they will be moving to Garvey Oval, Parade College after OP's have moved to AK Lines, Watsonia. The move will see the club become St Francis of Old Paradians Gospel Choir Cricket Club. In lieu of ground fees, Peter Leslie will be cutting the college grounds in compliance with a proposed 99 year lease between the College and the club.

Apparently a few Francs players (their guns) are unhappy with the move and will be entering into negotiations with Mill Park due to unnecesary travel, bar facilities and no praying before a game.

With new clubrooms at Mill Park, rumour has it that some Francs players can't see the point in moving to Garvey Oval given the College facilities are quite old and they would be quite happy to become a Tiger if the remuneration is within market value.

The move could be quite detrimental to the Francs if they are to simply become an alter boy for the church.

There is no doubt the College will have some massive demands for the Francs for them to offer their oval and facilities.

WATCH THIS SPACE

one shot;405936 said:
would you rather have 3 blokes at 5K or one bloke at 15K?
you get 3 blokes who can get 20 wickets and 250 runs you add depth and more chances to win a game, if the 15k man gets injured then you have put all your eggs in the one basket.
i know those 3 blokes are so easy to find!

It's a good point, but in the case of someone like Adam Dale I'd imagine from research point of view being an ex player they'd love to have him back, and with him he'd bring a wealth of experience from higher grades of cricket as well as an attitude towards playing cricket that 3 blokes worth 5k couldn't. Especially if research have a young impressionable list that they want to develop then you'd think it might be money better spent on someone like him than 3 mercenaries who'd push three young blokes out of the side then be gone as soon as the money has dried up.

From a purely performance point of view you're probably right but only research would know where they're at and which is the right way to go for their list.

Toohottoplaycricket;405975 said:
Word has it that the Francs will soon be announcing that they will be moving to Garvey Oval, Parade College after OP's have moved to AK Lines, Watsonia. The move will see the club become St Francis of Old Paradians Gospel Choir Cricket Club. In lieu of ground fees, Peter Leslie will be cutting the college grounds in compliance with a proposed 99 year lease between the College and the club.

Apparently a few Francs players (their guns) are unhappy with the move and will be entering into negotiations with Mill Park due to unnecesary travel, bar facilities and no praying before a game.

With new clubrooms at Mill Park, rumour has it that some Francs players can't see the point in moving to Garvey Oval given the College facilities are quite old and they would be quite happy to become a Tiger if the remuneration is within market value.

The move could be quite detrimental to the Francs if they are to simply become an alter boy for the church.

There is no doubt the College will have some massive demands for the Francs for them to offer their oval and facilities.

WATCH THIS SPACE

I think the sun stroke that you got last season is still effecting you ! ! !

huge amount of young talented dvca kids are heading down to plenty valley (bundoora old paradians cc) this year...most of the 14 kids, if not all of them have played or tryed out for cowboys and falcons...looks like young kids are starting to get fed up with playing terrible lower grade cricket on bouncy wickets in the dvca and will play on the real wickets

Keep Wandering;406926 said:
huge amount of young talented dvca kids are heading down to plenty valley (bundoora old paradians cc) this year...most of the 14 kids, if not all of them have played or tryed out for cowboys and falcons...looks like young kids are starting to get fed up with playing terrible lower grade cricket on bouncy wickets in the dvca and will play on the real wickets

Wouldn't happen to be referring to yourself in the 3rd person now would you? :rolleyes:

LegB4;407077 said:
Wouldn't happen to be referring to yourself in the 3rd person now would you? :rolleyes:

haha definately not from this year, its just a few of their reasoning...hows plenty shaping up this year LegB4?

Thats a valid point KW. If you are a young spin bowler you are wasting your time trying to learn your trade on DVCA synthetics. A perfectly pitched ball will be simply left by the batsman to safely bounce over the top of the stumps. You should also go and watch U12s and Develpoment cricketers bowl spin and continually hit the batsmen in the helmet with deliveries that on turf would hit the stumps. Bounce with spin can also be used to advantage true but turf is the go. What do you think?

the decks that you play on in subbies 3 and 4's won't be to great either my friend.. however i hear crispe park is a batsmans paradise

ari gold;407205 said:
the decks that you play on in subbies 3 and 4's won't be to great either my friend.. however i hear crispe park is a batsmans paradise
Once upon a time their was a little boy with 2 imaginary friends. 1 called Ari and the other called Lion. Ha Ha ha....you are so boring.

Goliath;407203 said:
Thats a valid point KW. If you are a young spin bowler you are wasting your time trying to learn your trade on DVCA synthetics. A perfectly pitched ball will be simply left by the batsman to safely bounce over the top of the stumps. You should also go and watch U12s and Develpoment cricketers bowl spin and continually hit the batsmen in the helmet with deliveries that on turf would hit the stumps. Bounce with spin can also be used to advantage true but turf is the go. What do you think?

exactly my point, i know personally how it is for spinners

ari gold;407205 said:

there not paradise but they are much better that terrible synthetic wickets, but if your good enough you should be pushing 2's and playing on magnificent grounds and wickets...crispe park is a great wicket.

Keep Wandering;407245 said:
exactly my point, i know personally how it is for spinners

lol you're not a spinner. you're just not fast enough to be called medium pace :p

sam_j_adams;405993 said:
I think the sun stroke that you got last season is still effecting you ! ! !

Looking forward to season 2010/11, sitting in the sun whilst it's just too hot to play cricket.

The St Francis/Parade combination seems to be moving along. Peter Leslie is currently servicing his lawn mowers to have them in pristine condition for Garvey Oval as part of the agreement in taking over the ground.

Dont be surprised to see the amalgamation of the two worship groups before the start of the season and a change in name to St Francis of Old Paradians Gospel Choir Cricket Club (SFOOPGCCC).

The Pope is also rumored to be coming over for the announcement after giving his blessing!!

Have fun in the sun everyone :):)

Toohottoplaycricket;407572 said:
Looking forward to season 2010/11, sitting in the sun whilst it's just too hot to play cricket.

The St Francis/Parade combination seems to be moving along. Peter Leslie is currently servicing his lawn mowers to have them in pristine condition for Garvey Oval as part of the agreement in taking over the ground.

Dont be surprised to see the amalgamation of the two worship groups before the start of the season and a change in name to St Francis of Old Paradians Gospel Choir Cricket Club (SFOOPGCCC).

The Pope is also rumored to be coming over for the announcement after giving his blessing!!

Have fun in the sun everyone :):)

As has been said before it appear that it is YOU that has spent too much time in the sun. The previously mentioned lawn mowing technician has never worked a day in his life, so your mail is just as fried as your brain !

Old Paradians CC (now Plenty Valley) promise young kids the world and often deliver very little for them. Going to Sub District Cricket is a sideways step. If a young fella in the DVCA is serious & good enough they would follow in the footsteps of Mitch Johnson (Plenty CC) and prove their ability in Barclay Shield or Money Shield first and then go down the line to a Premier Club where they will receive the real coaching and real development required to further their game.

If it wasnt for big money handed out each season by Cricket Victoria to Sub District Clubs many of these Sub District Clubs would go under. Quite often this money they receive for player development often goes into buying a Premier Cricket Gun like Adam Dale or a Mick Lewis for example. Not sure there is much player development going on. But I could be wrong.
Good luck anyway....hope you have a Melway for game days, you will need it.

Centre to Leg;407656 said:
Old Paradians CC (now Plenty Valley) promise young kids the world and often deliver very little for them. Going to Sub District Cricket is a sideways step. If a young fella in the DVCA is serious & good enough they would follow in the footsteps of Mitch Johnson (Plenty CC) and prove their ability in Barclay Shield or Money Shield first and then go down the line to a Premier Club where they will receive the real coaching and real development required to further their game.

If it wasnt for big money handed out each season by Cricket Victoria to Sub District Clubs many of these Sub District Clubs would go under. Quite often this money they receive for player development often goes into buying a Premier Cricket Gun like Adam Dale or a Mick Lewis for example. Not sure there is much player development going on. But I could be wrong.
Good luck anyway....hope you have a Melway for game days, you will need it.

This is your opinion and that is fine. It may not be everyone's opinion though. As far as the grooming of Mitch Johnson is concerned it is all good and a fine young man and cricketer such as he is heading off to District level well prepared. There can be no doubt of that. But that does not mean it is the only valid option in amongst the infinite variations of situations junior players find themselves in. You clearly are not bringing to mind that many local cricketers have used the VSDCA as a stepping stone into District Cricket and beyond. Two current District cricketers that readily come to mind are Michael Hill and Tim Buszard whom I believe both played at Ivanhoe CC. But there are many others also. Are you suggesting they did it all wrong as if they were foolish and ill considered? Oh please!

I have not had any association at all with Old Paradians CC (now Plenty Valley CC), but it would certainly appear that in recent times, especially after the move to A.K. Lines, that they are trying to elevate their standing and seem to be putting in extra effort to incorporate juniors at the club in a meaningful way. But those are comments from an external perspective to be clear. I will acknowledge that I have heard stories that were not so flattering in the past. But things move on and clubs change, so let's be careful what is assumed compared to what may be reality.

Then onto the last statements in your post. Can you substantiate any of that regarding the money aspect? I see so much local commentary on these forums about money and much of it is just laughable I am sorry to say. When I read such posts I am never quite sure what the end game is. Maybe it is all a bit of jovial pranking and sh*% stirring?? If so then fair enough, I'm in for a laugh.

I would just say to any junior players reading any of this. If you want to play at the highest level you are personally capable of, then do whatever you need to do. As long as you do it to the best of your ability and application, plus take on-board any open minded and wise instruction/guidance, with an aim to getting where you need to go. There is no one formula that fits all!

onemoreover;407672 said:
This is your opinion and that is fine. It may not be everyone's opinion though. As far as the grooming of Mitch Johnson is concerned it is all good and a fine young man and cricketer such as he is heading off to District level well prepared. There can be no doubt of that. But that does not mean it is the only valid option in amongst the infinite variations of situations junior players find themselves in. You clearly are not bringing to mind that many local cricketers have used the VSDCA as a stepping stone into District Cricket and beyond. Two current District cricketers that readily come to mind are Michael Hill and Tim Buszard whom I believe both played at Ivanhoe CC. But there are many others also. Are you suggesting they did it all wrong as if they were foolish and ill considered? Oh please!

I have not had any association at all with Old Paradians CC (now Plenty Valley CC), but it would certainly appear that in recent times, especially after the move to A.K. Lines, that they are trying to elevate their standing and seem to be putting in extra effort to incorporate juniors at the club in a meaningful way. But those are comments from an external perspective to be clear. I will acknowledge that I have heard stories that were not so flattering in the past. But things move on and clubs change, so let's be careful what is assumed compared to what may be reality.

Then onto the last statements in your post. Can you substantiate any of that regarding the money aspect? I see so much local commentary on these forums about money and much of it is just laughable I am sorry to say. When I read such posts I am never quite sure what the end game is. Maybe it is all a bit of jovial pranking and sh*% stirring?? If so then fair enough, I'm in for a laugh.

I would just say to any junior players reading any of this. If you want to play at the highest level you are personally capable of, then do whatever you need to do. As long as you do it to the best of your ability and application, plus take on-board any open minded and wise instruction/guidance, with an aim to getting where you need to go. There is no one formula that fits all!

Perhaps it all comes back to years of the Bundoora Old Paradian CC poaching young talent from many DVCA clubs who have spent vast amounts of time and money in developing their own talent from within, unlike the BOP's who approach our young players, tell them how good they are, promise them world and quite often we find them back playing in the DVCA within a season or two. I have no problems with young cricketers wanting to play Premier Cricket but Sub-District Cricket is the poor relation of Premier Cricket and as I said in my last post, is propped up by Cricket Victoria.
All I ask is for Sub District Clubs to stop poaching young DVCA talent and come up with their own internal junior strategies and not prey on hard working DVCA clubs year in year out.

Centre to Leg;407674 said:
Perhaps it all comes back to years of the Bundoora Old Paradian CC poaching young talent from many DVCA clubs who have spent vast amounts of time and money in developing their own talent from within, unlike the BOP's who approach our young players, tell them how good they are, promise them world and quite often we find them back playing in the DVCA within a season or two. I have no problems with young cricketers wanting to play Premier Cricket but Sub-District Cricket is the poor relation of Premier Cricket and as I said in my last post, is propped up by Cricket Victoria.
All I ask is for Sub District Clubs to stop poaching young DVCA talent and come up with their own internal junior strategies and not prey on hard working DVCA clubs year in year out.

Sub District is a waist of time, if kids are serious about learning the game and want to see how good they are then they should go straight to district, otherwise they should stay in the valley and play first or even seconds at a Barclay club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back