DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

riversider;408342 said:
This is meant to be a forum. In between the usual friendly banter a topic comes along and people are interested enough to comment on it. You posting your smartass comment killed it.

Why wouldn't you announce your club. You should be proud.

your absolutely right, my apologies for stirring the pot. let's get on with it shall we...

Keep Wandering;408352 said:
who are the kids that have been promised and not delivered? or is it all made up bull****?

I wont name individuals as I dont wish to drag them in, however there were promises from Cramer St which resulted in a couple of our guys leaving, and subsequently returning.

second_slip;408417 said:
your absolutely right, my apologies for stirring the pot. let's get on with it shall we...

What, dont start down this nice polite path, when you get the chance to hook into a clapper you take it, simple.

The administrator should be encouraging clapper bashing.

100% BULL;408420 said:
I wont name individuals as I dont wish to drag them in, however there were promises from Cramer St which resulted in a couple of our guys leaving, and subsequently returning.

your not doing much good for your arguement about bop poaching players if you start talking about preston. Preston are lazy with junior recruiting and have the cockiness to make junior players come to them rather than them chasing kids (hence why there is only half a dozen kids playing seniors there), So im not 100% sure about the false promises by preston.

100% BULL;408420 said:

So can I ask if you or your club then encouraged them to go down to Premier cricket and what was the end result of that if that is what happened?

I am hearing a few rumours flying around about some potential player movements....

I am hearing McGann is playing at N.E.W?

Can anyone shed some light on this....

riversider;408493 said:
I am hearing a few rumours flying around about some potential player movements....

Mcgann from Camrea?? If so, thats definately wrong! Also guys your thoughts on players to look out for from each side this season in Barclay. New to this forum so am interested to see who are the key players in each side. Perhaps there a youngsters having a really good pre season or guys coming back?

100% BULL;408421 said:
What, dont start down this nice polite path, when you get the chance to hook into a clapper you take it, simple.

The administrator should be encouraging clapper bashing.

And when u get a chance to get into Craig Vaughn you take it.

riversidestrangler;408209 said:
Runs in the home and away season very good. But big runs in finals. Very impressive, sounds like an old head on young shoulders.

...as opposed to his old man. Old chip on old shoulders! :p

Drivewaycricketer;408504 said:
Mcgann from Camrea?? If so, thats definately wrong! Also guys your thoughts on players to look out for from each side this season in Barclay. New to this forum so am interested to see who are the key players in each side. Perhaps there a youngsters having a really good pre season or guys coming back?

Plenty - Gordon Zull (Going out on a limb with this one, but plenty are going to need him to take his game a step further this year with a few departures)

Mernda - Bailey

Bundoora - Adams (Most underated bowler in the comp by a mile)

Riverside - THE STRANGLER!!!

Macleod - Rob Wise (Is the best spinner in the comp)

Epping - John Lever

Creek - Hansen

Lower Eltham - Burgoyne (needs to take a stack of wickets. not much depth in their bowling)

Eltham - Need i bother answering

Research - Turner

Camrea - Berak (Will be interesting to see how he goes in the top grade)

bradfromeltham;408525 said:
Plenty - Gordon Zull (Going out on a limb with this one, but plenty are going to need him to take his game a step further this year with a few departures)

Mernda - Bailey

Bundoora - Adams (Most underated bowler in the comp by a mile)

Riverside - THE STRANGLER!!!

Macleod - Rob Wise (Is the best spinner in the comp)

Epping - John Lever

Creek - Hansen

Lower Eltham - Burgoyne (needs to take a stack of wickets. not much depth in their bowling)

Eltham - Need i bother answering

Research - Turner

Camrea - Berak (Will be interesting to see how he goes in the top grade)

The ****wit Knobjockeys - Elsworthy - will need to take as much coin as he can and then **** off to another Club.

Plenty - Rosebrook - do not need to say much about him, will bowl them into finals, especially with Salvatore bowling with him.

Mernda - Baker - will still destroy sides even with a 4-piece

Bundoora - Adams - Dunno if anyone actually underrates him, gun bowler.

Riverside - Salpigtidis - will continue on from last year

Macleod - Wise - not only with the ball, makes plenty with the bat.

Epping - Angelucci - Gun bowler.

Creek - McLean - Reckon will make more runs this year and CAN keep

Lower Eltham - Short - Hard to get out.

Eltham - Quinlen - Just sit back and enjoy him, even if thats only on here.. :D

Research - Turner - May need to take thongs off and one day will wash his hair.

Camrea - Bubis -Back where he has destroyed for years, age will not weary him.

riversider;408493 said:

Also hearing major departures from Mill Park to the lakes???

CowCorner;408540 said:
Plenty - Rosebrook - do not need to say much about him, will bowl them into finals, especially with Salvatore bowling with him.
Mernda - Baker - will still destroy sides even with a 4-piece

Bundoora - Adams - Dunno if anyone actually underrates him, gun bowler.

Riverside - Salpigtidis - will continue on from last year

Macleod - Wise - not only with the ball, makes plenty with the bat.

Epping - Angelucci - Gun bowler.

Creek - McLean - Reckon will make more runs this year and CAN keep

Lower Eltham - Short - Hard to get out.

Eltham - Quinlen - Just sit back and enjoy him, even if thats only on here.. :D

Research - Turner - May need to take thongs off and one day will wash his hair.

Camrea - Bubis -Back where he has destroyed for years, age will not weary him.

Was there a rumour doing the rounds about him doing a shoulder playing footy this year?

Could be mistaken...?

sometimes you just have to do what u feel is right for yourself even tho u don't really want to do it!!!!!!!!!!! thats all i'll say! bring on the season already!!

I notice in the fixture....Morang to play MP at Redleap,shouldnt be to hard for the away boys to find that ground.....Seen half of them just came from there,and a few more seriously pondering the move up north from the bronx....

Interesting times ahead id say..

French Cut;408663 said:
I notice in the fixture....Morang to play MP at Redleap,shouldnt be to hard for the away boys to find that ground.....Seen half of them just came from there,and a few more seriously pondering the move up north from the bronx....

Interesting times ahead id say..

who are all these players? surely the rumours i'm hearing cant be true....

legend of a bear;402735 said:
Its a difficult one to make a call on as to what significance "Eltham College" will have under the Research banner, but I think the new name may be a pretty clear early sign.

I doubt that the Eltham College students would've played for that club if it wasn't called Eltham College, and school friends talked each other into playing for them, followed by talking friends of school friends into joining with them. -like 99% of us, you're going to play with the club most local to where you live. So, it will be interesting to see how many students (if any), decide that being an Eltham Collegian, you have an allegiance to "Research".

As an outsider, my opinion of Eltham College Cricket Club, is that its a club focused (referring to the 1st XI) predominately on how competetive a group of mates can be when put up against a team of other blokes, -of whom are concerned mainly on representing their local community cricket club. The guys in the 2nd XI and below were very superficial, and very much just hangers-on, and seen by the 1st XI as "revenue raisers" or "payers of incentives".
They never had any involvement in the local community, and never had any interest development of youngsters.

I question what Research's motivation was to take them over. All they will get out of it is a nice ground for their 3rds & 4ths to play on, some players to top up their lower grades, and 1 or 2 players capable of playing Barclay Shield.

I'll make a prediction: Last year, Eltham College had 13 players that played 6 games or more in their Money Shield team. Of those 13, I reckon there will be a maximum of 3 that will be playing for Research in season 2011-12.

Whatever the motivation is for the 2 clubs to merge is unknown to me. What i do know, is that its the end of Eltham College CC, and thats 1 less win the Morang-u-tangs can pencil in at the start of each season.

Anyway, congrats to Research in accuring the new facilities, and good luck to the Eltham College boys at your new club....wherever that may be. ;)

hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back