DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

riversidestrangler;408135 said:
Sounds like a good prospect for the dragons. I will follow his progress with intrest.:)
As for adjusting to turf. I don't think there is as big an adjustment required as in back in the old days (as my father tells it) due to the wickets being covered. You don't get to many dodgy wickets these days. You do get a lot of flat tracks made for making runs. So I hope he adjusts to it nicely.
Did he play much seniors last year?

I think he was playing 1st XI for Research the whole season.

The Ox;408706 said:
I think he was playing 1st XI for Research the whole season.

Spoke to a mate of mine on Thursday and he said he was playing in a first xi practice match on the weekend. He was definatley Wicket Keeping but I am not sure where he would be batting. This is a pretty good indication that they are looking at starting him in the twos. It is an even better indication that they rate him highly and he will be given some really good opportunities.
Does anyone know how he went on the weekend?

I know that this isn't the junior forum but I’m interested in the thoughts of people on here who I imagine are on their clubs committees, about why we couldn’t get the 16's through to play on a Friday nights instead of a Saturday morning?

from all the feedback from other associations it a terrific concept, it allows the juniors to play seniors more refreshed, partake in the warm up, bowl more over’s, and Friday nights also frees up Saturday mornings for other siblings sports. It also allows the boys that go to private schools to play for their club.

why is the DVCA so set on not taking this concept on, it took long enough to get the four piece balls in, we were probably one of the last comps to get them, also we are losing talented players to other comps.

Ridiculous!!!!!!!

one shot;408773 said:
I know that this isn't the junior forum but I’m interested in the thoughts of people on here who I imagine are on their clubs committees, about why we couldn’t get the 16's through to play on a Friday nights instead of a Saturday morning?

from all the feedback from other associations it a terrific concept, it allows the juniors to play seniors more refreshed, partake in the warm up, bowl more over’s, and Friday nights also frees up Saturday mornings for other siblings sports. It also allows the boys that go to private schools to play for their club.

why is the DVCA so set on not taking this concept on, it took long enough to get the four piece balls in, we were probably one of the last comps to get them, also we are losing talented players to other comps.

Ridiculous!!!!!!!

Shit idea. There are so many dad's who play who have sons playing under 16's, and possibly another son in seniors. Therefore they would have cricket, Tues Wed Thurs training. Friday, Saturday and possibly sunday games!

Tongs;408810 said:
Shit idea. There are so many dad's who play who have sons playing under 16's, and possibly another son in seniors. Therefore they would have cricket, Tues Wed Thurs training. Friday, Saturday and possibly sunday games!

better idea, gives the kids a break before playing seniors in the arvo, dvca brings in rules about bowling restrictions but its all about the kids fielding for possibly 120 overs in 30+ degree heat

one shot;408773 said:

Ridiculous!!!!!!!

Spot on, all good points!

Let's face it the D.V.C.A. is a brilliantly run comp with a multitude of good people contributing to that result! Maybe change can present a threat to the ongoing integrity of that level and quality of administration. In the Bill Lawry Indoor Centre at the MCG there are several sayings placed on the walls around the facility. One of them says something like this - "A ship moored in the harbour is safe............... But then that is not what ships are meant for."

Is the DVCA one of those ships in the harbour, or is it willing to evolve, innovate and progress?

bradfromeltham;408525 said:
Plenty - Gordon Zull (Going out on a limb with this one, but plenty are going to need him to take his game a step further this year with a few departures)

Mernda - Bailey

Bundoora - Adams (Most underated bowler in the comp by a mile)

Riverside - THE STRANGLER!!!

Macleod - Rob Wise (Is the best spinner in the comp)

Epping - John Lever

Creek - Hansen

Lower Eltham - Burgoyne (needs to take a stack of wickets. not much depth in their bowling)

Eltham - Need i bother answering

Research - Turner

Camrea - Berak (Will be interesting to see how he goes in the top grade)

lalor stars not playing this season or no one good enough to worry about:D

onemoreover;408816 said:
Spot on, all good points!

Let's face it the D.V.C.A. is a brilliantly run comp with a multitude of good people contributing to that result! Maybe change can present a threat to the ongoing integrity of that level and quality of administration. In the Bill Lawry Indoor Centre at the MCG there are several sayings placed on the walls around the facility. One of them says something like this - "A ship moored in the harbour is safe............... But then that is not what ships are meant for."

Is the DVCA one of those ships in the harbour, or is it willing to evolve, innovate and progress?

I should add, that the DVCA certainly are experimenting with Friday nights for juniors this season. So good on them!

Tongs;408810 said:
That is the worst excuse I have heard but it doesn't matter anyway. I don't know how but finally, finally the DVCA has seen the light and there will be an U17 comp on Fridays instead of 16s. This is a great idea giving boys another year of juniors and stopping the wave of players leaving DVCA to play 17s in other comps. Eg Boro(HDCA) and Mont(HDCA) last year and Mill Park (NMCA)and Macleod(HDCA) this year. Now your kids will get the chance to play against the best junior players who have been playing top grade private school cricket and boys playing district. I hear there are plenty of clubs put up there hand already so jump on board and don't get left behind.

milo kerrigan;408818 said:
lalor stars not playing this season or no one good enough to worry about:D

With "The Bug" back playing he and Keaysy will give you the best two pronged spin attack in the comp.....

Disturbing news I think has unfolded recently.

A quality young under 16 player was due to switch clubs and play with school mates, when his current club offered him money to stay !!!
(is obviously playing high grade of seniors as well)

I think this is a disgrace that players who are under 16 getting coin thrown at them - regardless if they are playing 1's or 2's.

THE PREZ;409504 said:

A quality young under 16 player was due to switch clubs and play with school mates, when his current club offered him money to stay !!!

I think this is a disgrace that players who are under 16 getting coin thrown at them - regardless if they are playing 1's or 2's.

who might you be talking about? or just tell us what club?

THE PREZ;409504 said:

Your just filthy that we didnt throw money at you when you left to play at rovers, either time.

THE PREZ;409504 said:

I think if the kid is going to play 1s all year it may be worth doing so. You keep a young kid who could play for years and you are paying an A grade cricketer. If he is on coin and plays 1s/2s, then its a disgrace.

I also heard a filthy rumour. Camera are forking out $65,000 in player match payments this year. Rumoured to have 3 boat hoppers on the way!

Tongs;409533 said:
I also heard a filthy rumour. Camera are forking out $65,000 in player match payments this year. Rumoured to have 3 boat hoppers on the way!

Which part is filthy?

$65,000 or 3 boat hoppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back