DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
been told Rosebank are confirmed starters in NMCA A grade next year along with 1 other unconfirmed side to form a 10 team comp. Preston Ycw get promoted and take Druids spot.

mail is our neighbours are chasing some big names and offering big $$$$$, and I mean BIG!
If they can't get outside players, talk is one of the two is going to have a semi mearged team.
Can't wait to see what happens. which Brady medalist will open the bowling??

They screwed the comp, now each other! funny goings on this side of the river.

Banyule still looking at Eca, will lose heaps of players if they go, the other mob licking thier lips.
when are we going to catch up at the tab and compare notes again? or you just hiding now?
if banyule go to ECA then occa to heidelberg you think?

sanna is way off the mark. just a poor attempt to stir some people up by saying us and hberg are spending large dollars. anyway if we did lose occa id think he would be seen at another dv club and not heidelberg
maybe so however I must say the rumour has it that at least one of those 2 clubs is putting quite a bit of cash out there. the sri lankan is not coming back to heidelberg meaning there will be a gaping hole.
wouldn't rule out occa going to heidelberg either if the DVCA option doesn't work out as planned (3rd divi)

ok sorry, you are right, you both already pay out, now you will have to pay more.
So you have already been accepted into Money? I'm sure a lot of other clubs will
have something to say about that. Which bloke said "accept Rossanna and Heidelberg in Money and the rest into B grade"?
The word is out already, one bloke has already knocked an offer back, so spare me the bit that I'm trying to stir the pot.
I hear that Banyule are looking for a new off spinner so you might get a game their and who will replace run machine Henry Tyler? Ivanhoe??

A very big player movement has apparently occured, and is a done deal.

Brent O'Conner from Banyule, who has had a very prestigious career (and likely to continue), with both bat and ball, as well as captaining the comp side has now signed with RIVERSIDE. I have an extremely good source that has told me this. Apparently regardless of what happens with Banyule, he would not be playing second division anywhere. He wants to play the top grade. Fair enough too.

Massive get by the clappers, and that should really strengthen their side in all facets.

ok sorry, you are right, you both already pay out, now you will have to pay more.
So you have already been accepted into Money? I'm sure a lot of other clubs will
have something to say about that. Which bloke said "accept Rossanna and Heidelberg in Money and the rest into B grade"?
The word is out already, one bloke has already knocked an offer back, so spare me the bit that I'm trying to stir the pot.
I hear that Banyule are looking for a new off spinner so you might get a game their and who will replace run machine Henry Tyler? Ivanhoe??
why are most if not all of your posts related to either Heidelberg or banyule?

A very big player movement has apparently occured, and is a done deal.

Brent O'Conner from Banyule, who has had a very prestigious career (and likely to continue), with both bat and ball, as well as captaining the comp side has now signed with RIVERSIDE. I have an extremely good source that has told me this. Apparently regardless of what happens with Banyule, he would not be playing second division anywhere. He wants to play the top grade. Fair enough too.

Massive get by the clappers, and that should really strengthen their side in all facets.

Is this signed sealed and delivered now? I heard he was being courted by Barclay Shield clubs, and heard that Plenty was one of them, don't know if it was true or not.

Yep, this is a big signing for Riverside and a big blow for Banyule who relied heavily on him over the last few years. This will have a big impact on Banyule's chances of doing well in MS, if that's where they finish up. Perhaps Banyule might have been better off going to NMCA where they would have been given an A Grade spot.

Is this signed sealed and delivered now? I heard he was being courted by Barclay Shield clubs, and heard that Plenty was one of them, don't know if it was true or not.

Yep, this is a big signing for Riverside and a big blow for Banyule who relied heavily on him over the last few years. This will have a big impact on Banyule's chances of doing well in MS, if that's where they finish up. Perhaps Banyule might have been better off going to NMCA where they would have been given an A Grade spot.

I assume that it was fairly obvious to the Banyule members that in the longer term its chances of remaining a strong cricket club are better in the DVCA than in the NMCA - if for no other reason than geography.

I assume that it was fairly obvious to the Banyule members that in the longer term its chances of remaining a strong cricket club are better in the DVCA than in the NMCA - if for no other reason than geography.

Well thought out. DVCA Money Shield, Panton Hill & Whittlesea v's NMCA Jika Shield, Northcote United & Rivergum (Mill Park).

Pretty sure I know which are closer to Banyule out of those 2 options.... :confused:

Not to mention Heidelberg, Rosanna, Lower Plenty, Montmorency, Greensborough, Bundoora, etc.

Yes, these clubs are fairly close for Banyule but the further away clubs (Hurstbridge, DC, Epping, Mill Park, Whittlesea, Mernda, Research, St Francs, etc) are no closer, and prob further away, than most of the NMCA clubs. There are heaps of NMCA clubs within 10-15 mins of Banyule. If geography was all that they were looking at, I wouldn't have thought DVCA was the obvious choice.

Yes, these clubs are fairly close for Banyule but the further away clubs (Hurstbridge, DC, Epping, Mill Park, Whittlesea, Mernda, Research, St Francs, etc) are no closer, and prob further away, than most of the NMCA clubs. There are heaps of NMCA clubs within 10-15 mins of Banyule. If geography was all that they were looking at, I wouldn't have thought DVCA was the obvious choice.

At this stage, I was only talking about the location of DVCA MS clubs versus the new NMCA A Grade clubs.
I think in the longer term it is almost impossible to predict the viability of the NMCA and, in particular, some of the West/North Heidelberg clubs; not to mention Banyule''s possible progress to BS.

"Viabilty of the NMCA!" are you for real? We have a President,Board and Admistrator. I think we have a heap of money in the bank and ten new clubs coming over. I think the Super Comp never got off the ground because of the deamining attitude
towards our comp. I would say most of the strength that the DVCA have is by poaching most clubs that were originally
Jika Clubs?? At our next board meeting I will be pushing hard in cutting all ties with the DVCA in regards to your attitude!
No comp games ect, you have ruined the go forward for cricket in the region. As for the HDCA clubs that are coming god help
them keeping their top players, they will be targeted by Barclay clubs immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back