DVCA What goes up must come down

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wizz

DVCA What goes up must come down

Thought it would be good to get every 1s thoughts from both Barclay and Money. Who from Money will come up and how do you think they will go ?

And who is the front runner from Barclay to come down ? and why.

Re: DVCA What goes up must come down

The Wizz;279922 said:
Thought it would be good to get every 1s thoughts from both Barclay and Money. Who from Money will come up and how do you think they will go ?

Looking at the ladders Barclay would have to say Eltham are the front runners followed by macleod.

Money I think South Morang will win the spoon this season. And I think Mill Park will return to Barclay.

Still very early in the season this will change from week to week. Only what I think.

Cheers..

The Joker;279933 said:
Looking at the ladders Barclay would have to say Eltham are the front runners followed by macleod.

Money I think South Morang will win the spoon this season. And I think Mill Park will return to Barclay.

Still very early in the season this will change from week to week. Only what I think.

Cheers..

I think macleod will come back down and College to go up.

Wizz, your boys starting to get some runs found it a bit funny the game against Wsea Marshall and stewart didnt get a bowl.

Macleod dominated money sheild last year and have hardly looked like it thus far. There is no way any team that comes up from money sheild will be competitive next season....

bradfromeltham;280056 said:
Macleod dominated money sheild last year and have hardly looked like it thus far. There is no way any team that comes up from money sheild will be competitive next season....

Macleod will hold their own and have been competitive. Lalor Stars are in the 4, Mernda are in the 4, seems these teams that are in Money who get up to Barclay are 1-2 players off the better teams in Barclay.

St Francis Up, Eltham down.

bradfromeltham;280056 said:

Thats a stupid thing to say, lets have a look at Epping, Mernda and Lalor Stars all x Moneys sides and all seem to be doing well.

Money this season is the best its been for some time and will continue to become stronger. Give Macleod time I think they will win a few more games and stay up there.

All you have to do is ask Mont its not as easy as you may think. There has been alot of talk about them coming straight back up, there gunna have to lift there game and do it fast.

The Joker;279933 said:

Cheers..

You are kidding arn't you
Morang to win the spoon?
Have you paid any attention to the past rounds
2 from 4
No spoon here
Still a couple of wildcards up the sleeves of Morang

I'm not talking about all the other teams you have mentioned. I'm talking about THIS YEAR. Mont were never going to come back up, they need to rebuild there whole senior club almost. All i am saying the teams that are up there this year in Money Shield have been up and down the ladder for the past 10 years. Eltham College have 2 players that would be capable of playing Barclay sheild and St Francis have never played finals and have lost heaps more games than they have won since joing the DVCA.

I'm not saying Macleod will go down because i do think that in time they will hold there own. Just a little bit worried with the quality coming up if macleod were so dominant last year and the rest were no-where near.

bradfromeltham;280112 said:
I'm not talking about all the other teams you have mentioned. I'm talking about THIS YEAR. Mont were never going to come back up, they need to rebuild there whole senior club almost. All i am saying the teams that are up there this year in Money Shield have been up and down the ladder for the past 10 years. Eltham College have 2 players that would be capable of playing Barclay sheild and St Francis have never played finals and have lost heaps more games than they have won since joing the DVCA.

I'm not saying Macleod will go down because i do think that in time they will hold there own. Just a little bit worried with the quality coming up if macleod were so dominant last year and the rest were no-where near.
Brad, fair to say that if a team from Money can stay in their first year, they will become Barclay teams in 3-4 years??

Too Early to say whos going up or down I reckon. Would have to say though out of the top 2 Money teams at the moment, College would be better equipped up a grade than St.Francis.

St. Francis will win Money Shield this year and go up but will be relegated next season due to my money chasing departure at another mediocre club.

Macleod have been playing at a high standard for at least 5 years now, what other side currently in money sheild has anywhere near the dominance they have had over a long period of time?

bradfromeltham;280328 said:
Macleod have been playing at a high standard for at least 5 years now, what other side currently in money sheild has anywhere near the dominance they have had over a long period of time?

I think Thomastown have been a good side over the last 5 or so years. Also Yarrambat have made finals over the last few years with a good list of young players.

Now you have College who have been playing good cricket along with St Franks also have good list of young players..

How are all the Barclay sides going with there JRNs are numbers still good ?

bradfromeltham;280328 said:

Snowy,

Mernda will beat Macleod, so too will Epping & Lalor Stars. These teams played against each other when in Money Shield and against Macleod, all were were up there in a lot of years they played in Money. Macleod rode on the piggy tails of Waddingham with strong even contributors in the wise brothers, wood, love etc.

Personally the comp suited them the most so to did a little luck. Not saying they weren't the best team, just everything worked out for them.

- they batted first in 90% of their games.
- home pitch very flat (old style)
- weakish bowling attack, strong batting attack
- having 280-300+ on the board allows average bowlers to pick up wickets through poor shots chasing runs etc.
- home ground was very small and very quick, suited their game plan again.

St Francis will be strong if they keep a similar team, so too Eltham College imagine if they get Duncan back. Yarrambat are always competitive and have some decent players and Mont seem to be strong, obviously missing a key player or two to compete in Barclay, hence why they sit out of the Money Shield 4 and lost to Whittlesea.

I think you are completley missing the point i am trying to get across here. Im am aware that both eltham college and st francis are probably the front runners to come up this year.

Without looking at the scorecard i was more than assume that Macleod flogged both of these teams last year. I am just questioning if the gap between macleod last year and the rest was really that big because they seemed to have no problems with any teams they played.

Money sheild seems to be fairly even this year with a number of teams looking capable of playing finals i just dont no if any of them will be good enough to be more competitve than what Macleod will be this year.

Duncan will not make a difference in the top grade. Kennell and Gutterson are the only 2 players at eltham college who will probably make an impact. Barclay sheild is alot different that Money sheild in where you need and all round even team. 2 players is not an even team.

I am not bagging any of the teams in money shield i am just simply questioning how competitive they will be when they come up.

bradfromeltham;280442 said:
I think you are completley missing the point i am trying to get across here. Im am aware that both eltham college and st francis are probably the front runners to come up this year.

Without looking at the scorecard i was more than assume that Macleod flogged both of these teams last year. I am just questioning if the gap between macleod last year and the rest was really that big because they seemed to have no problems with any teams they played.

Money sheild seems to be fairly even this year with a number of teams looking capable of playing finals i just dont no if any of them will be good enough to be more competitve than what Macleod will be this year.

Duncan will not make a difference in the top grade. Kennell and Gutterson are the only 2 players at eltham college who will probably make an impact. Barclay sheild is alot different that Money sheild in where you need and all round even team. 2 players is not an even team.

I am not bagging any of the teams in money shield i am just simply questioning how competitive they will be when they come up.

Snowy

Was talking to a few boys from mernda they were saying 1 Mark Chopper Reid may be having a hit after Christmas can you shed any light on that?

Spin_king#23;280111 said:
You are kidding arn't you
Morang to win the spoon?
Have you paid any attention to the past rounds
2 from 4
No spoon here
Still a couple of wildcards up the sleeves of Morang

Wild cards ? what your gunna get some guys that can bat Morang will win the spoon %100 done deal. Name 1 side worse than them ?:confused:

bradfromeltham;280442 said:

St Francis have an average age of around 25 (two blokes over 30, the rest 23 or less) and have 5 players who have played District 2nd's or above. add to that to to three players that have consistently made the DVCA under 21 team and i think that sounds more rounded and better than MacLeod (waddingham, wood, wise t, wise r, cleary etc)

I think Macleod and St Francis share a lot of similarities, however personally i think SF have a better bowling attack. Eltham college will rely on the 2 you mentioned and I agree with you on that.

Obviously competitiveness is very hit/misss, eg Mernda would be at the bottom of the ladder however recent players such as Wokka, Baker and The bloke who rides a penny farthing to games (Chesterton) have helped turn them into a very competitive side.

I remember Mernda in the 04/05 season being smashed by a disgraceful Money shield team (Whittlesea) who only won 3 games for the year, however they turned it around with the addition of 2-3 players to a) win Money and b) now sit in the top 4 of Barclay.

The Ghost;280471 said:
Wild cards ? what your gunna get some guys that can bat Morang will win the spoon %100 done deal. Name 1 side worse than them ?:confused:

Hurstbridge :rolleyes:

Morang aren't great but Hurstbridge are poo

The Wizz;279922 said:

For mine I am going out of two.

Down out of Macleod or Riverside - Yep not included Eltham but IMO Minney will win them 2 games, although this weekend they have the Siders and could be a defining game.

Up out of St Francis and the Collage - I am on the fence for that one ATM and really have no idea.

Its still early and i have known to be totally wrong.....ask my bookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back