Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

the_outsider;406921 said:
Well then how come this was the only ground in the area to have the game called off? ECA seem to be in love with North Balwyn, i look forward to the Skevs Vs North match this season. Who knows how many international players they will have then.

I think it would of been very harsh on North Balwyn to lose that game because of a council error.

If they had done it on purpose they would of been very stupid.

We'll never know if they would got the 107 runs with 9 wickets left. Fernando was out.......

Terry_Tibbs;406941 said:
I think it would of been very harsh on North Balwyn to lose that game because of a council error.

We'll never know if they would got the 107 runs with 9 wickets left. Fernando was out.......
Lets just see how NB go against Skevies this season...

Mulgrave Sisters;406942 said:
Lets just see how NB go against Skevies this season...

Ugly Sister, are you of the opinion that St Kevs are still bitter about it and likely to get stuck into this young North Balwyn side?

Terry_Tibbs;406943 said:
Ugly Sister, are you of the opinion that St Kevs are still bitter about it and likely to get stuck into this young North Balwyn side?
I see Skevies finishing top 4

Terry_Tibbs;406941 said:

It wasn't NB's fault at all. Council clearly made the mistake and admitted to the error. Many of the boys wanted to move the game but nothing could be arranged. Would be very surprised if Nb didn't get the runs even though Fernando was out, they still batted very deep as shown the following week v Canterbury in the GF chasing 200+ and having a 40+ run unbeaten last stand.

the_outsider;406921 said:
Well then how come this was the only ground in the area to have the game called off? ECA seem to be in love with North Balwyn, i look forward to the Skevs Vs North match this season. Who knows how many international players they will have then.

And whilst we're on the topic of North Balwyn, I did a bit of "mycricketing" myself and John Howell's stats are very ordinary at senior level.

Boys, I'll give you a little bit of advice, if you are going to talk the talk then you have to do the walking too.

Not sure how you come to this conclusion but each to their own. One of 'international' players has now settled in well into Australia and is now regarded as local. Should we deprive giving young english cricketers and so on a chance to work on their skills abroad. I think Neil Baker would agree that he was given a fantastic opportunity to play over here.
Howelly may not have the runs on the board but he is a quality bowler if his body holds up. We all know that some people can get a lot of cheap wickets and some can be made to work very hard. I feel that John has worked very hard and with another year of maturity under his belt should do very well this season.

sachin99;406952 said:
Not sure how you come to this conclusion but each to their own. One of 'international' players has now settled in well into Australia and is now regarded as local. Should we deprive giving young english cricketers and so on a chance to work on their skills abroad. I think Neil Baker would agree that he was given a fantastic opportunity to play over here.
Howelly may not have the runs on the board but he is a quality bowler if his body holds up. We all know that some people can get a lot of cheap wickets and some can be made to work very hard. I feel that John has worked very hard and with another year of maturity under his belt should do very well this season.
Welcome back Julian!

sachin99;406954 said:
Thanks...Well I declared my identity...You going to do the same sir?
Almost...
I am either from Mulgrave or Skevies...

Mulgrave Sisters;406955 said:
Almost...
I am either from Mulgrave or Skevies...

I would say I don't know anybody from StK or Mulg on a first name basis. Have rarely played either club and wouldn't know any player if they walked past me so I am going to say you are not actually from these clubs...

sachin99;406956 said:
I would say I don't know anybody from StK or Mulg on a first name basis. Have rarely played either club and wouldn't know any player if they walked past me so I am going to say you are not actually from these clubs...
Dont believe you either

sachin99;406950 said:
It wasn't NB's fault at all. Council clearly made the mistake and admitted to the error. Many of the boys wanted to move the game but nothing could be arranged. Would be very surprised if Nb didn't get the runs even though Fernando was out, they still batted very deep as shown the following week v Canterbury in the GF chasing 200+ and having a 40+ run unbeaten last stand.

Very true Sachin however Canterbury had also scored 267 on that wicket at Bulleen so you could say it was a good deck. Whereas on a wet Bull the 123 St Kevs got could of been a challenging score.

Terry_Tibbs;406960 said:
Very true Sachin however Canterbury had also scored 267 on that wicket at Bulleen so you could say it was a good deck. Whereas on a wet Bull the 123 St Kevs got could of been a challenging score.

And if your mother was your aunite, your auntie would be your mother, and your uncle could be your father and your cousin could be your sister yet your grandparents would still be the same...this is the case in Tasmania tho ;)

sachin99;406963 said:
And if your mother was your aunite, your auntie would be your mother, and your uncle could be your father and your cousin could be your sister yet your grandparents would still be the same...this is the case in Tasmania tho ;)

If's and buts, we'll never know cos you guys pulled the covers off and had a slip and slide contest actross the square.

Terry_Tibbs;406964 said:
If's and buts, we'll never know cos you guys pulled the covers off and had a slip and slide contest actross the square.

blame the council terry. end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back