Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Terry_Tibbs;407254 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if North Balwyn have been banned from Big Cricket.

That's a shame if that is the case. They kept this forum buzzing even if they were a little arrogant they made it interesting and amusing.

I simply wasted 15 mins of my life reading pointless banter between three people.

You guys should just hook up Skype and discuss ECA with each other because thats all you seem to do as you bully anyone else who posts. Eg, Dean who asks about synthetic cricket simply just gets shut down and told who cares about Synthetic.

I know you guys probably think the world revolves around you but it's a little bigger than that...no offence Terry and co

inswinger;407258 said:
interesting to see this Burnley club joining, will already be the 2nd best club in Richmond I would say.

Maybe even the best with these possible outs at City...Good luck to the new teams, hope they enjoy our wonderful competition

Richo_Man;407241 said:
Fuzzbungle I figure you are a Deepdene Bear. Like us we have synthetic teams too.

Not every club can afford to have turf grounds and there are many good players on Synthetic. I think it is very narrow minded to say that even if it is tongue and cheek.

I think Synthetic deserves a lot more credit than you give it

Richo, enquire all you want, I'm not a deepdene bear.

I agree that not everyone can afford to have turf grounds and I am not talking about the whole of the synthetic comp, I was talking about synthetic at the top grade. These players think they are the best players in the ECA with nothing to back it up with. They play Mcgibbon shield, I have seen a match or 2 here and there and the standard isn't that good. All I would want to see is these brilliant players of Mcgibbon and even Burt Shield go to a turf club and then see how good they are.

fuzzbungle;407266 said:
Richo, enquire all you want, I'm not a deepdene bear.

I agree that not everyone can afford to have turf grounds and I am not talking about the whole of the synthetic comp, I was talking about synthetic at the top grade. These players think they are the best players in the ECA with nothing to back it up with. They play Mcgibbon shield, I have seen a match or 2 here and there and the standard isn't that good. All I would want to see is these brilliant players of Mcgibbon and even Burt Shield go to a turf club and then see how good they are.

Fair point Fuzzy. Some of these guys don't get the opportunity to play on Turf though so all they can do is play on the carpet so its unfair to bag them for that.

Some players though are specialty synthetic players and have adapted to the conditions of a 2 piece ball and a consistent bounce. Ie, can play more confidently on the back foot. In this case they may struggle on turf as they have difficulty in adapting.

There is an art to swing bowling with a 2 piece ball. Many of these players may not get this swing when on turf.

Thus Fuzzy, I think it's unfair to compare Turf to Synthetic

Richo_Man;407262 said:
I simply wasted 15 mins of my life reading pointless banter between three people.

I know you guys probably think the world revolves around you but it's a little bigger than that...no offence Terry and co

Would you like those 15 minutes back? Can be arranged.....

World deffo doesn't revolve around us. Probably should though.

Richo_Man;407269 said:
Fair point Fuzzy. Some of these guys don't get the opportunity to play on Turf though so all they can do is play on the carpet so its unfair to bag them for that.

Some players though are specialty synthetic players and have adapted to the conditions of a 2 piece ball and a consistent bounce. Ie, can play more confidently on the back foot. In this case they may struggle on turf as they have difficulty in adapting.

There is an art to swing bowling with a 2 piece ball. Many of these players may not get this swing when on turf.

Thus Fuzzy, I think it's unfair to compare Turf to Synthetic

Fair enough Richo, I know where you are coming from.

But it could even be that for someone who has played synthetic cricket the majority of their life and are getting bored by playing on the same surface every week, thats where they can challenge themselves, get out of their comfort zone and see where they would stand in how they adapt to turf. Good players will adapt but it is the challenges of playing on a different surface every week which makes turf cricket so enjoyable.

In saying that I believe there should be a Dunstan vs Mcgibbon/Burt team and they play a 2 match series, 1 game on turf and 1 game on synthetic.

We need representative cricket at senior cricket back.

Terry_Tibbs;407273 said:
Would you like those 15 minutes back? Can be arranged.....

World deffo doesn't revolve around us. Probably should though.

How do I get it back genius??

indignant_toad;406204 said:
Parsons is an arrogant cheat. The only good bloke in that team is the captain, the rest of them are hopeless muppets (gartner).

Chaps,

for those of those hiding behind the cloak of animosity forcing each of us to speculate where you come from, I am happy to make your life easy. I am the president of Deepdene Bears.

I am a big wrap for the ECA.

I am a big wrap for last year’s premiers who took it all before them for the season, and for the gun players in the competition. We need more of them. We also need more umpires who take it up to you without fear or favour.

I occasionally play on synthetic against some great (non-turf) clubs like Clifton Hill. I can’t believe that some of you take the micky out of synthetic cricket – it has been the scene of my greatest triumphs! Nevertheless, I would rather watch Dunstan and warm up the party pies for arvo tea at Deepy. I note that one of your scribes rated Deepy as one of the worst club rooms. Sorry, we will try harder - it is all Boorondara gave us. Meanwhile, we enjoy the home ground advantage at the Bear Cave.

Finally, chaps, let me tell you of a tale. When Facebook first started (before any of us knew about it), a kid from our club started a group called “XXX Cricket Club are a Pack Of ****ers”. Funny thing is that several members of XXX Cricket Club joined the group. Anyway, the ECA concluded that the kid should be made an example of and they tried to suspend him. Somehow, I saved his bacon and he now plays Premier Cricket.

Any anonymous coward who calls Leigh Parsons a cheat- I won’t save your bacon, and I really don’t think the ECA would have to try to hard to find out who you are. Your club is readily identified and an apology from your club should be forthcoming. My email address is tim.norton@deepdenebears.com.

Regards
Tim

Tim_Norton;407281 said:
Finally, chaps, let me tell you of a tale. When Facebook first started (before any of us knew about it), a kid from our club started a group called “XXX Cricket Club are a Pack Of ****ers”. Funny thing is that several members of XXX Cricket Club joined the group. Anyway, the ECA concluded that the kid should be made an example of and they tried to suspend him. Somehow, I saved his bacon and he now plays Premier Cricket.

Northcote are very grateful Tim.

Tim_Norton;407281 said:
Chaps,

for those of those hiding behind the cloak of animosity forcing each of us to speculate where you come from, I am happy to make your life easy. I am the president of Deepdene Bears.

I am a big wrap for the ECA.

I am a big wrap for last year’s premiers who took it all before them for the season, and for the gun players in the competition. We need more of them. We also need more umpires who take it up to you without fear or favour.

I occasionally play on synthetic against some great (non-turf) clubs like Clifton Hill. I can’t believe that some of you take the micky out of synthetic cricket – it has been the scene of my greatest triumphs! Nevertheless, I would rather watch Dunstan and warm up the party pies for arvo tea at Deepy. I note that one of your scribes rated Deepy as one of the worst club rooms. Sorry, we will try harder - it is all Boorondara gave us. Meanwhile, we enjoy the home ground advantage at the Bear Cave.

Any anonymous coward who calls Leigh Parsons a cheat- I won’t save your bacon, and I really don’t think the ECA would have to try to hard to find out who you are. Your club is readily identified and an apology from your club should be forthcoming. My email address is tim.norton@deepdenebears.com.

Regards
Tim

Well Said Tim. There is no room for slanderous allergations like the one made about Leigh. I hope the person responsible for this does send a written apology to Deepdene and Leigh and all is forgiven from both parties. This forum can be quite interesting if used correctly.

Terry_Tibbs;407283 said:
Wake up 15 minutes earlier tomorrow morning.

then i miss out on 15 minutes of sleep...doesn't seem that fair. Guess I could go to South Australia for a day and get an extra 30 mins....

Richo_Man;407285 said:
then i miss out on 15 minutes of sleep...doesn't seem that fair. Guess I could go to South Australia for a day and get an extra 30 mins....

See Richo it's fun to join in with the banter! Embrace it!:)

In terms of actual Cricket, do you think bat has started to dominate ball slightly more in the ECA over the past couple of seasons?

Scores seem to be on the increase.

Terry_Tibbs;407287 said:
In terms of actually Cricket, do you think Bat has started to dominate ball slightly more in the ECA over the past couple of seasons?

Scores seem to be on the increase?

I agree with you there Terry, a lot of batsmen in Dunstan made 450+ runs last season. Even in A turf there were a couple who passed that mark.

Fast outfields and good batting wickets usually help. Also the stanard of bowling has dropped a little as the good bowlers over the last 10-15 years have hung up the boots

fuzzbungle;407288 said:
I agree with you there Terry, a lot of batsmen in Dunstan made 450+ runs last season. Even in A turf there were a couple who passed that mark.

Fast outfields and good batting wickets usually help. Also the stanard of bowling has dropped a little as the good bowlers over the last 10-15 years have hung up the boots

I think it's good for the competition. A great test of teams if they have to chase down scores of 300+ at least once a season. The only thing I would really like to see is more use of slow bowlers in the ECA.

Terry_Tibbs;407286 said:
See Richo it's fun to join in with the banter! Embrace it!:)

Alright mate, lets talk cricket and stop talking rubbish! Do we think the Pakis are guilty??

Terry_Tibbs;407289 said:
I think it's good for the competition. A great test of teams if they have to chase down scores of 300+ at least once a season. The only thing I would really like to see is more use of slow bowlers in the ECA.

whats our thoughts on resticted overs?

ive thought something like 14 or 15 overs. would make it better for the game and then we would see more slow bowlers?

Richo_Man;407292 said:
whats our thoughts on resticted overs?

ive thought something like 14 or 15 overs. would make it better for the game and then we would see more slow bowlers?

I'm not a fan of restricted overs in 80 over games.

I think it was an excellent change from 10 overs a bowler down to 8 for 40 over games last year and long overdue.

Fielding restrictions will also greatly aid the one day Cricket.

The only way you can get more spin bowling is having captains who know how to and are not afraid to use their slow men.

Richo_Man;407291 said:
Alright mate, lets talk cricket and stop talking rubbish! Do we think the Pakis are guilty??

As guilty as Indignant Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back