Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eca

TheStraighter1;192283 said:
Ive heard Old Carey are a very good side this year. Are these rumours true?

Given that Old Carey 1sts are on 0 points i don't think the rumours are true. St Barnabas yet to gain a point in A turf, would be very upsetting to see that great bunch of blokes get relegated :D .

bruce32;193311 said:
Given that Old Carey 1sts are on 0 points i don't think the rumours are true. St Barnabas yet to gain a point in A turf, would be very upsetting to see that great bunch of blokes get relegated :D .

ok, i heard that there school team is doing very well though.

bruce32;193311 said:
St Barnabas yet to gain a point in A turf, would be very upsetting to see that great bunch of blokes get relegated :D .

:) yeah would be a horrible thing to see...they prob wont read this as I don't think any of them can afford a computer

Is this the official thread for just c***s? Can Ubers post as well? Or shall we start our own thread extolling the virtues of being a Willow?

MANNINGHAM CRICKET CLUB SEEK PLAYING COACH FOR SEASON 2008-09

2008-09 will see Manningham Cricket Club be one of only two clubs to field sides in the top two grades of the Synthetic cricket section of the ECA (MacGibbon and Burt Shields). We now seek the services of an enthusiastic and driven playing coach to help develop our young playing list to the level of regular finals participants.

Manningham CC is located in East Doncaster at Rieschiecks Reserve fielding 3 senior teams, 3 junior teams and conducts a very successful Milo Have-A-Go program in Melbourne’s largest cricket association.

The preferred candidate for this role will bring some or all of:

• Playing experience at a level commensurate with or higher than the level of our current first XI
• On field leadership experience at some level of cricket
• Ability to work in a coaching capacity with players of a range of skill levels
• Passion for developing junior cricketers and creating pathway structures
• Previous coaching experience not essential

The candidate will be required to attend all senior training sessions and conduct some junior coaching sessions throughout the season.

Remuneration is negotiable.

For more information or to apply please contact President Brian Barnard (bbarnard@lendinglink.com.au / 0438 563 885) or Cricket Operations Manager Shannon Gill (shannon.gill@cricket.com.au / 0402 046 189).

indignant_toad;390063 said:
Looks like donvale and old carey going down. unlucky. whos going to be coming up from A? and what are the big names to look out for in 10/11?

St Kevins should do pretty well in Dunstan. Glen Iris will probably recruit again.

Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

On the topic of recruiting. Apart from rumours of Bulleen pulling a few ex-premier players, have any other clubs looked beyond the local spectrum?

Re: Eastern Cricket Association

Bulleen have got Kerry Tsonis as coach from North Melbourne, and Scott Porter from North Melbourne.

North Balwyn have a couple of English guys. Stuart Cope who played at Donvale last year, and a younger guy called Rob Keogh who is meant to be a steady off spinner.

Boronia have got Ben Stallworthy has captain/coach, he played a bit of Premier Cricket.

Andrew Male should return to Burwood's line up after missing last season with a back problem.

Think that's all I know.

Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Just researched Scott Porter. I feel sorry for dunstan bowlers, the man made over 600 runs in the premiers last year including a 200 and 150. Does anybody know who won the dunstan medal? its almost impossible to find on the internet.

Robert Tongue from Hawthorn won it.

indignant_toad;405579 said:
Just researched Scott Porter. I feel sorry for dunstan bowlers, the man made over 600 runs in the premiers last year including a 200 and 150. Does anybody know who won the dunstan medal? its almost impossible to find on the internet.

Porter made close to 1000 runs for Keilor CC in the VTCA senior division a few years back too. A very good player indeed.

Dunstan cricket will soon be at the mercy of North Balwyn and their brigade of prodigious young talents

On revision of Porters statistics. He struggled to make over 40 apart from those two big knocks, I'm not doubting that he isn't a handy cricketer. But he's evidence that it only takes one good ball. Dunstan cricket won't be the walk in the park that he's probably anticipating and the pressure on him to perform by onlookers won't go unnoticed.

raging_jack;405744 said:
Dunstan cricket will soon be at the mercy of North Balwyn and their brigade of prodigious young talents

You reckon!?

who exactly are these "predigious young talents"? Which team's set to have the youngest average age this year? and is that a benefit in the world of dunstan cricket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back