Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Terry_Tibbs;406269 said:
I just hope you young lads don't get too use to banging it in half way down in the Xavier nets, because you will go miles outside!

Pre-season at the stephenson centre is probably the worst thing for a pace bowler. Your length is ****ed for atleast 3 weeks after getting out of there and injuries are guarenteed. Mind you its always enjoyable seeing the fear of god in batsmens eyes when you send one fizzing past their eyes. Isn't that right jaffro??

indignant_toad;406270 said:
Lets try to keep it away from an APS contest. But as xavier won the comp last year it would have to be beneficial for north balwyn and surrounding xavier dominated clubs???

Terry i love you work mate. Will you be playing dunstan this year? i'm taking an educated guess and saying you're a skevs or ashburton man???

A massive bonus... success is a habit and these boys all have experienced this at some stage and must only be hoping it can continue into this season.

And have to quietly say there was some genuine heat being bowled last nite, in the xavier nets or not, it was sharp....

indignant_toad;406271 said:
Pre-season at the stephenson centre is probably the worst thing for a pace bowler. Your length is ****ed for atleast 3 weeks after getting out of there and injuries are guarenteed. Mind you its always enjoyable seeing the fear of god in batsmens eyes when you send one fizzing past their eyes. Isn't that right jaffro??

Don't know about others but i personally enjoy the challenge of the extra pace in the those nets, poor lighting included makes it a real battle. Also toad i do remember smashing u and the other quick A Oneil around a bit last nite... wasnt much to fear on my part, was just quick...

indignant_toad;406270 said:
Lets try to keep it away from an APS contest. But as xavier won the comp last year it would have to be beneficial for north balwyn and surrounding xavier dominated clubs???

Terry i love you work mate. Will you be playing dunstan this year? i'm taking an educated guess and saying you're a skevs or ashburton man???

Toady, you are not far wrong. I'm afraid however that my identity must remain a mystery for now.

Nobody wanted me in Dunstan, so will have to make do with A Turf this year. Hopefully might get a Twenty20 outing against one of the "big clubs" like North Balwyn.

"big clubs" haha love it!
North Balwyn is a gathering of have been representative cricketers who enjoy indie music and being loutish. If you are under 25 TT come down and experience the poison of the cane toad. (so lame, but loving this forum)

indignant_toad;406277 said:
North Balwyn is a gathering of have been representative cricketers who enjoy indie music and being loutish. If you are under 25 TT come down and experience the poison of the cane toad. (so lame, but loving this forum)

Is that why Sico retired!?

indignant_toad;406277 said:

True Story...

Terry_Tibbs;406278 said:
Is that why Sico retired!?

Couldn't handle the indie direction the club was taking... thort time to let the indie run free and blossum and take the club to greater things...

JAFRO2006;406280 said:
Couldn't handle the indie direction the club was taking... thort time to let the indie run free and blossum and take the club to greater things...

A merger with Barnies?

Jesus Christ.
I don't think that is the reason Terry. Steve contributed so much to the culture and development of North Balwyn. I think he'd be insulted to think that people think he left because of the youth coming through. If anything it gave him more of a reason to stay and guide the next generation through.
So Terry to answer your question and to discount Jaffro's antics Steve left on his own terms on a good not and with the clubs respect and support.

indignant_toad;406282 said:
Jesus Christ.
I don't think that is the reason Terry. Steve contributed so much to the culture and development of North Balwyn. I think he'd be insulted to think that people think he left because of the youth coming through. If anything it gave him more of a reason to stay and guide the next generation through.
So Terry to answer your question and to discount Jaffro's antics Steve left on his own terms on a good not and with the clubs respect and support.

My comment was obviously a sarcastic one...

I heard Barnies have their own Turf ground now. Are they going to be in B Turf?

Terry_Tibbs;406286 said:
I heard Barnies have their own Turf ground now. Are they going to be in B Turf?

Barnies do have their own turf ground. Its a little tag on to their synthetic pitch at myrtle park. I don't think they are going to be in B turf, still in A. North Balwyn will be the first team to play against them on their new turf ground, doubt it will actually be prepared though. Will keep you posted TT.

indignant_toad;406289 said:
Barnies do have their own turf ground. Its a little tag on to their synthetic pitch at myrtle park. I don't think they are going to be in B turf, still in A. North Balwyn will be the first team to play against them on their new turf ground, doubt it will actually be prepared though. Will keep you posted TT.

They were a total shambles last year.

Right! Predictions!

Dunstan:

Finals: Mulgrave, Mont Albert, Ashburton, Deepdene

Winner: Mont Albert

Relgated: Glen Iris, North Balwyn

A Turf:

Finals: Burwood, Marcellin, Surrey Hills, Donvale

Winner: Burwood

Terry_Tibbs;406294 said:
Right! Predictions!

Dunstan:

Finals: Mulgrave, Mont Albert, Ashburton, Deepdene

Winner: Mont Albert

Relgated: Glen Iris, North Balwyn

A Turf:

Finals: Burwood, Marcellin, Surrey Hills, Donvale

Winner: Burwood

To not have Bulleen in finals seems a bit silly... and North Balwyn relgegated seems a big call... Surely the 2 that came up have to be favourites to go straight back down...??

JAFRO2006;406295 said:
To not have Bulleen in finals seems a bit silly... and North Balwyn relgegated seems a big call... Surely the 2 that came up have to be favourites to go straight back down...??

Agreed, well done for spotting the deliberate mistake. Bulleen instead of Ashy in finals.

Why do you think North Balwyn will do better this year rather than struggling like last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back