Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Terry_Tibbs;406296 said:
Agreed, well done for spotting the deliberate mistake. Bulleen instead of Ashy in finals.

Why do you think North Balwyn will do better this year rather than struggling like last?

Last year North Balwyn lost a few players from there domination of Aturf the season before and also had an unsettled line up with many players missing games for work etc. throughout the season leaving little continuity.

Although they have lost a couple of senior players again this year the younger players taking their places had a chance the last few round last season and showed glimpses that they could perform at this standard. Also the team should be a lot more settled with better cohesion. as a whole.

Hope this answers your question TT??

JAFRO2006;406299 said:
Last year North Balwyn lost a few players from there domination of Aturf the season before and also had an unsettled line up with many players missing games for work etc. throughout the season leaving little continuity.

Although they have lost a couple of senior players again this year the younger players taking their places had a chance the last few round last season and showed glimpses that they could perform at this standard. Also the team should be a lot more settled with better cohesion. as a whole.

Hope this answers your question TT??

Some good thoughts there Jafro. Always good to be optimistic. I hope you lads go well. Is Fernando playing again?

Sorry terry i regret getting heated but i'm a passionate toad. North Balwyn has a committed group of young, fearless men. They aren't aspiring to win a premiership, but will definitely pose challenges for most teams. As Jaffro pointed out the team was very unsettled last season and this will not be the same story this year.
I think we've all overlooked the fact that East Doncaster were not in a strong position at all last season, if i could tip a team to get relegated from the group staying up from last season it would be them.
Again i apologise for my earlier comment Terry.

Terry_Tibbs;406302 said:
Some good thoughts there Jafro. Always good to be optimistic. I hope you lads go well. Is Fernando playing again?

Yeh came down for a hit last week and looked good as ever.

Looking like a young, fit and talented line up.

With fernado, cope, keogh, binney, fahey, smith, howell, gairns, oneil and cooper as the backbone of the team looking forward to watching the boys mix it up this year in Dunstan.

8 of these 10 players are under 24 I believe and 5 are under 21.

Surely there isnt a more youthful team in the comp???

Terry_Tibbs;406302 said:

Dilip is now viewed by the association as a local player.

indignant_toad;406306 said:
Sorry terry i regret getting heated but i'm a passionate toad. North Balwyn has a committed group of young, fearless men. They aren't aspiring to win a premiership, but will definitely pose challenges for most teams. As Jaffro pointed out the team was very unsettled last season and this will not be the same story this year.
I think we've all overlooked the fact that East Doncaster were not in a strong position at all last season, if i could tip a team to get relegated from the group staying up from last season it would be them.

Have to agree with the East Donny commente. They really did struggle last season, lacked any quality with the bat or ball...

indignant_toad;406306 said:

Toady, your not the first guy who's told Terry Tibbs to get ****ed. Some of them actually meant it aswell!
So East Donny to struggle seems to be a recurring theme.
I will be watching closely to see how you do!

Terry_Tibbs;406310 said:
Toady, your not the first guy who's told Terry Tibbs to get ****ed. Some of them actually meant it aswell!
So East Donny to struggle seems to be a recurring theme.
I will be watching closely to see how you do!

Personally or as a team?

indignant_toad;406308 said:
Dilip is now viewed by the association as a local player.

So is he just playing for the love of the Bulls?

Surely he's still a pro? Plus to the 2 poms makes 3 and breaks association rules?

JAFRO2006;406309 said:
Have to agree with the East Donny commente. They really did struggle last season, lacked any quality with the bat or ball...

They had a left arm opening bowler Jaffro, Duquesne i think. May have got you out? Anyhow, whispers have reached the toads ears and i'm hearing that he's gone to fitzroy. So not looking good.

JAFRO2006;406307 said:
Yeh came down for a hit last week and looked good as ever.

Looking like a young, fit and talented line up.

With fernado, cope, keogh, binney, fahey, smith, howell, gairns, oneil and cooper as the backbone of the team looking forward to watching the boys mix it up this year in Dunstan.

QUOTE]

You left out Julian Cohen.

Terry_Tibbs;406312 said:
So is he just playing for the love of the Bulls?

Surely he's still a pro? Plus to the 2 poms makes 3 and breaks association rules?

He's recognised as a local player. I'm confident that its within the laws of the association and has been passed. Hope that can put your mind to rest.

indignant_toad;406313 said:
They had a left arm opening bowler Jaffro, Duquesne i think. May have got you out? Anyhow, whispers have reached the toads ears and i'm hearing that he's gone to fitzroy. So not looking good.

I remember the right armer from the other end being more of a handful than the lefty... think i was removed by the lefty but we all know i struggle with left armers over the wicket... pretty sure the deck was doin alot that day aswell especially for the righty, so yeh they will struggle this year...

indignant_toad;406315 said:
He's recognised as a local player. I'm confident that its within the laws of the association and has been passed. Hope that can put your mind to rest.

Terry Tibbs mind never rests Toady! Always thinking.

I heard John Howell is a bit of a loser. Have you any thoughts on that?

bit harsh bringing someones personal character into a thread... at least the parsons comments wer cricket based... this is just slander...

Terry_Tibbs;406318 said:
Terry Tibbs mind never rests Toady! Always thinking.

I heard John Howell is a bit of a loser. Have you any thoughts on that?

Apparently he struggles with over all form and ability.

indignant_toad;406320 said:
Apparently he struggles with over all form and ability.

So I heard, too busy at the Harp chasing skirt.

JAFRO2006;406322 said:
tbh anyone who hangs around julian cohen is bound to struggle...

Now that is slander Jafro! JC is a hero!

I want to write a theatrical play - "who is Terry Tibbs".
I don't even know what i can say to you anymore?
Apart from the fact that Howell will be informed and the chef of the competition may not be impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back