Eca 2012/13

Not sure Stallworthy is a sook, just a $%*(.

Pom from GI have to be a chance, but only had two really big innings, so might struggle for consistency. Tongue been a bit wide of the mark this year, so doubt he'll get near it.

Pom from GI have to be a chance, but only had two really big innings, so might struggle for consistency. Tongue been a bit wide of the mark this year, so doubt he'll get near it.
I think you have taken a few too many paintballs to the head lately. I wish I was as inconsistent as the GI Pom, a ton, a double ton, a half ton and a 45 totalling 485, not to mention his bowling 18 wickets at 8.5 including a 5 for and a 4 for. Suggest you have a concussion test after your next paintball skermish.

Sturgess has priors and Boronia captains is only warming up to sook status.
Big Deano form Bears seems to like the bigger subbies grounds or is happier playing for a team that onbly has one non Sri Lankan playing with him.
Anybody know if Boroondara council are doing any new pavilion upgrade this season.
See Burwood looks sizable and Wyclif look basic.
Not sure why clubs chase overseas players as much as they do. I have a mate who plays for a south of Dandenong road club who says we would be better doing our home work and spending our money locally.

I think you have taken a few too many paintballs to the head lately. I wish I was as inconsistent as the GI Pom, a ton, a double ton, a half ton and a 45 totalling 485, not to mention his bowling 18 wickets at 8.5 including a 5 for and a 4 for. Suggest you have a concussion test after your next paintball skermish.

Prospector I see where you are coming from defending one of your own. He has had a good year, 2 tons and a 50 but other than that he keeps getting in between 10-20 and goes out. That is where paintball is talking about inconsistency and it would help you guys alot more if he builds on from those starts instead of doing it 3 times this year. 1 in 3 digs he gets on with it and from your pro you want more. Bowls too quick but the bent arm is a factor though

Prospector I see where you are coming from defending one of your own. He has had a good year, 2 tons and a 50 but other than that he keeps getting in between 10-20 and goes out. That is where paintball is talking about inconsistency and it would help you guys alot more if he builds on from those starts instead of doing it 3 times this year. 1 in 3 digs he gets on with it and from your pro you want more. Bowls too quick but the bent arm is a factor though
I am neither a Pom or from GI. Do your research.

I think I would take an OS player with 485@52 runs after round 8 and 18 wickets @8.5
surely you would... yeah making 50+ every game would be nice, but he may have won 3 games off his own bat, prob 1 or 2 with the ball and contributed with some 20's. take that any day.

Unless you are part of the GI faithful, which I assume, you're defending the side most regards as the second worst bunch of blokes in the comp. Taylor is a good player, but I'm with Watto, a guy who makes 200 and 100 easily shouldn't be getting out as regularly as he does in the 10-30 range, but that's just my opinion.

But, with his stats, he is welcome down at my ground whenever he wants..

I think the Poms have proven their worth over the last 10 years. I think investing in them is good for the comp.

Broadly, I agree.

But, could the money possibly be better spent on recruiting someone from a lateral or higher competition? Just airfares and rent will set a club back $5k+, not to mention the time spent arranging things for them or whether they will be wanting match payments, and if that money were put toward securing a local player there may be a similar level of "worth" as you put it. Admittedly, not as much flexibility in what you can expect of a local player, nor the market to pick them up from.

I can't think of too many standout performers from District cricket recently who have starred, Parsons is an obvious one, but most District players come thinking it's a rubbish comp and they don't have to work hard and their performances reflect that attitude. Poms come with no real knowledge of what to expect and try harder. At least this has been the experience at some clubs I know.

I think I would take an OS player with 485@52 runs after round 8 and 18 wickets @8.5
surely you would... yeah making 50+ every game would be nice, but he may have won 3 games off his own bat, prob 1 or 2 with the ball and contributed with some 20's. take that any day.

No argument from me with Taylor. Sure, he's a chucker plain and simple, but he's dominated the season thus far (everyone misses out once or twice don't they?) and deserves to lead big in the medal count. Doesn't he go home soon? Problem with getting a Pom on the county scene is their clubs want them home early in the new year (eg. Mulgrave's pom) That leaves a hole that I don't think GI can fill in the finals, all falls back on Grubich and Armstrong which has been too much for them to handle in the past. Speaking of those two, which one is pretending to be playing 'for the love of the game' so to speak. Surely we don't believe they aren't paying more than 2 blokes. Never gets mentioned about GI (or Ashy...) but let's be honest here. Few big talkers on here, interested to see where they stand on this one. MA is another one that take the p1ss out of the 'love of the game' excuse.

No argument from me with Taylor. Sure, he's a chucker plain and simple, but he's dominated the season thus far (everyone misses out once or twice don't they?) and deserves to lead big in the medal count. Doesn't he go home soon? Problem with getting a Pom on the county scene is their clubs want them home early in the new year (eg. Mulgrave's pom) That leaves a hole that I don't think GI can fill in the finals, all falls back on Grubich and Armstrong which has been too much for them to handle in the past. Speaking of those two, which one is pretending to be playing 'for the love of the game' so to speak. Surely we don't believe they aren't paying more than 2 blokes. Never gets mentioned about GI (or Ashy...) but let's be honest here. Few big talkers on here, interested to see where they stand on this one. MA is another one that take the p1ss out of the 'love of the game' excuse.

Worth noting that Mulgrave's Pom would have been playing Premier cricket if he'd been able to stay out here for the full season.

Worth noting that Mulgrave's Pom would have been playing Premier cricket if he'd been able to stay out here for the full season.
Why would he be playing Premier Cricket? His performances have shown that he's not that outstanding. 1 x 50 for the year. I think GI's pom would be better off in Premier Cricket

Why would he be playing Premier Cricket? His performances have shown that he's not that outstanding. 1 x 50 for the year. I think GI's pom would be better off in Premier Cricket

He was all set to play Premier cricket until his County said that he had to be back during January - that's when he started looking for alternative clubs who were happy for him not to play the whole season.

In saying that, he's still playing, so maybe he's hanging around?

I'd like to know who you think is being paid at GI, Ashy and MA?

Interesting view on payments. Its worth exploring.

I'd like to know who you think is being paid at GI, Ashy and MA?

I would think it would be the below:

GI - taylor, grubich
AW - cox, swift
MA - porter, wright
Haw - tongue, wilkinson
Mul - davies, day
SKOB - crawford, fernon
NB - binney, evans
Marc - dinneen, brook
ED - thompson, dale
DB - parsons, hoare
SH - perera, lear