Eca 2012/13

Posters would be interested in the season wrap : Heres my take and rankings on each team for the year out of 10

Mont Albert : 10/10 - won 9 regular season games and dominated the finals - Vance rock solid. Great year well done
Mulgrave : 9/10 - won 7 regular season games and dominated the semi against GI. Good year and consistent performers across the board. Just snuck into finals
Glen IRIS : 8/10 - with the talent at their disposal i probably should be marking harder. None the less took out the minor premiership and dominated most of the season. May have been too Taylor centric which brought them undone in the finals when he failed. Not sure if he will be back BUT im sure they will splash the cash to find a replacement.
St Kevins : 8/10 Good year and they have plenty of depth coming through ( 2's winning B-Turf ). Think they will be team to beat next year. Quality bats and bowlers led by doggy at the top of the order ( who is immune to LBW's ) .
Hawthorn : 7/10 Just missed finals on % - 7 regular season wins . A competitive year but rely too heavily on Tongue
Ashy : 7/10 Again just missed finals but 6 wins will rarely get you in. Cox had a great season and if gotch plays the whole of next year I am sure they will be playing finals.
Deepdene : 4/10 - Underpreformed. Horror start to the year and for the money they are shelling out the committee would be expecting finals appearances . Parsons an ordinary year by his standards and Hhoare didnt provide value for money. Not sure how they will progress next year.
Marcellin : 5/10 . An average year . beat most of the teams below them . Dinneeen the match winner too often . Will require help if he retires.
Surrey Hills : 5/10 Survived the jump from A-Turf and were competitive . Perera the key to winning cruch games . Will need to do something about their bowling attack to progress up the ladder.
North Balwyn : 3/10 - Just survived by % ! a poor year . Binney reliant. on paper did appear to have a strong batting lineup but fell away completely at the end of the year.
Boronia : 1/ 10 - Had an OK team and got a couple of late wins to make the run home interesting. Opposition teams grow another leg when playing dickheads and Stallworthy has certainly left this imprint on the team. Not sure a-turf teams will put up with this either.
East Doncaster : 1/10 Again only two wins for the season. Dependent on old timers with Bat and Ball and need some youth to come through in A grade prior to coming back up.

Posters would be interested in the season wrap : Heres my take and rankings on each team for the year out of 10

Mont Albert : 10/10 - won 9 regular season games and dominated the finals - Vance rock solid. Great year well done
Mulgrave : 9/10 - won 7 regular season games and dominated the semi against GI. Good year and consistent performers across the board. Just snuck into finals
Glen IRIS : 8/10 - with the talent at their disposal i probably should be marking harder. None the less took out the minor premiership and dominated most of the season. May have been too Taylor centric which brought them undone in the finals when he failed. Not sure if he will be back BUT im sure they will splash the cash to find a replacement.
St Kevins : 8/10 Good year and they have plenty of depth coming through ( 2's winning B-Turf ). Think they will be team to beat next year. Quality bats and bowlers led by doggy at the top of the order ( who is immune to LBW's ) .
Hawthorn : 7/10 Just missed finals on % - 7 regular season wins . A competitive year but rely too heavily on Tongue
Ashy : 7/10 Again just missed finals but 6 wins will rarely get you in. Cox had a great season and if gotch plays the whole of next year I am sure they will be playing finals.
Deepdene : 4/10 - Underpreformed. Horror start to the year and for the money they are shelling out the committee would be expecting finals appearances . Parsons an ordinary year by his standards and Hhoare didnt provide value for money. Not sure how they will progress next year.
Marcellin : 5/10 . An average year . beat most of the teams below them . Dinneeen the match winner too often . Will require help if he retires.
Surrey Hills : 5/10 Survived the jump from A-Turf and were competitive . Perera the key to winning cruch games . Will need to do something about their bowling attack to progress up the ladder.
North Balwyn : 3/10 - Just survived by % ! a poor year . Binney reliant. on paper did appear to have a strong batting lineup but fell away completely at the end of the year.
Boronia : 1/ 10 - Had an OK team and got a couple of late wins to make the run home interesting. Opposition teams grow another leg when playing dickheads and Stallworthy has certainly left this imprint on the team. Not sure a-turf teams will put up with this either.
East Doncaster : 1/10 Again only two wins for the season. Dependent on old timers with Bat and Ball and need some youth to come through in A grade prior to coming back up.
You have to love the myth about teams playing big dollars but some do like a Cashburton. I reckon the key is to pay guys off the books and get two poms and you're in the mix. Took in some of the Dunstan granny and wasn't impressed with the standard. Monty are almost a vets team and Mully looked decidedly average, they did it with smoke and mirrors in 2012/13. There's hope for most teams next year in what should be an even year given the drop in standard.

You have to love the myth about teams playing big dollars but some do like a Cashburton. I reckon the key is to pay guys off the books and get two poms and you're in the mix. Took in some of the Dunstan granny and wasn't impressed with the standard. Monty are almost a vets team and Mully looked decidedly average, they did it with smoke and mirrors in 2012/13. There's hope for most teams next year in what should be an even year given the drop in standard.

Didn't get to see any of the GF at all... but well done to MA for the win, and to mulgrave for getting there.
Sounds like a bit of sour grapes Connery, why wasn't your team playing? not good enough!
Credit where credit is due, and the top 4 sides all deserve credit for getting there.. regardless of who it is or how liked / unliked they are.

It worked out a little different than the predictions on the ECA website back in October. I think the author had Mulgrave in the bottom 2.

LOL - Stallworthy is no longer there??

Boronia CC Seeking Coach for Season 2013/14

Last updated: Friday March 29, 2013 5:02AM

The Boronia CC is now seeking a strong and capable leader for season 2013/14 and beyond, who can guide our club to the next level of excellence either as a playing or non playing professional.

If you are interested please se advertisement.

Dunstan Team of the year

Taylor (GI)
Day (Mulg) capt
Vance (MA)
Cox (Ashb)
Perera (SH)
Parsons (Deep)
Grubich (GI)
Armstrong (GI) wk
Hargreaves (MA)
Dinneen (Marc)
Porter (MA)

12th - Goodwin (Ashb)

Apologies - Davis (SKOB), Tongue (Haw), Mullen (SKOB), Crowden (Mulg), Young (Mulg)

Geez, a lot of vacancies for Captain/Coaches! Bit of rebuilding for the clubs?
Well it's never good to just think things will get better. Best to look at which areas are deficient and chase the improvement. I won't be applying for any of the jobs :) though I sure could use the cash.

Rob Cooper from Melbourne CC heads back to Ashburton as captain / coach. Great signing. Is Gotch going around again?

Terrific signing for Ashburton; not long ago that Rob made 150+ in a Premier final. Not sure on Seb, but he's been running round for De La in the ammo's whatever that means!

I've heard that Bulleen have been trying to add to the Dad's Army they already have without a huge amount of luck, and that Mulgrave and Heathmont have both been looking to local synthetic competitions for a few diamonds in the rough (but paying them with cubic zirconia).

Class addition at Deepdene for next season. Opposition bowlers will have trouble getting through their top order with 2 of the best batsmen in the comp. Big Dino also returning to bolster their bowling stocks.

Class addition at Deepdene for next season. Opposition bowlers will have trouble getting through their top order with 2 of the best batsmen in the comp. Big Dino also returning to bolster their bowling stocks.
Dino couldn't cut it at subbies! No shock! Overrated!

Wonder if this gun bat will be as good a pick up as Hoare was!

Dino couldn't cut it at subbies! No shock! Overrated!

Wonder if this gun bat will be as good a pick up as Hoare was!

Dino was 2nd in the comp for wickets in his last ECA season with 30+ so yeh very over rated. And Hoare played huge role in grand final win. Obviously know very little Mayor!!!

Back