Eca 2012/13

Backing heathmont to go winless, strong rumors of players leaving and can't chase a score to save themselves... Won't survive
Won't go winless - they dominated last year and even though there are rumours players have left, I don't think they will go winless. If they get a favourable draw at home, they will be fine.

Backing heathmont to go winless, strong rumors of players leaving and can't chase a score to save themselves... Won't survive
I'd be surprised if players would leave in droves when a club goes up a grade. There is obviously enough there for them to win through to Dunstan. Interested to hear what Bulleen players might have to say.

Time will tell.

At start of any season talk is newly promoted teams will be automatically relegated. Since 2009/10 season no team promoted from A Grade has gone straight back down.

2009/10 North Balwyn & Canterbury
2010/11 GI & St Kevin's
2011/12 Boronia & Marcelin
2012/13 North Balwyn & Surrey Hills

Maybe gap between A Grade and Dunstan Shield isn't as great as some think.

ECA Outsider - but of those sides, the only one side has made a GF, and GI a few Semi's. The fact they probably dominated A Turf shows that there is probably a big gap between top 6 Dunstan sides and All A Turf sides bar top 2. The other sides have only scraped it through relegation.

Also, most sides when they come up recruit better players to remain competitive (stKevs exception).

Also, most sides when they come up recruit better players to remain competitive.

GI have finished 2nd, 2nd 1st in three seasons after H&A rounds in DS. Their 2009/10 A Turf Premiership Team is very similar to last year's side just with a different Pom each year.

Have been knocked out by more semis than Darren Milane though.

Skevs do deserve credit and should again be a finals contender.

GI have finished 2nd, 2nd 1st in three seasons after H&A rounds in DS. Their 2009/10 A Turf Premiership Team is very similar to last year's side just with a different Pom each year.

Have been knocked out by more semis than Darren Milane though.

Skevs do deserve credit and should again be a finals contender.
Skevs are a credit to the competition IMO. Continually surprising all with their performances and their ability to hold on to good players with their lack luster home ground deserves recognition.

GI have finished 2nd, 2nd 1st in three seasons after H&A rounds in DS. Their 2009/10 A Turf Premiership Team is very similar to last year's side just with a different Pom each year..

Yes and it certainly makes a difference to a side having a Pom make 500 runs and take 26 wickets doesn't it! they have had 2 poms top the comp in the votes, credit to their recruiting, but doesn't support the ATurf / Dunstan gap not being large!

Skevs are a credit to the competition IMO. Continually surprising all with their performances and their ability to hold on to good players with their lack luster home ground deserves recognition.
I think SKevs are just a good honest team of performers. They don't seem to rely on one player each week like some other sides, and they definitely have a belief they can win!

Judging marcelins last season, think there ready to become a genuine dunstan side, lost a handful of games to good sides that could have easily seen them with 3 or 4 more wins last season, few young players coming through too, will not be fighting for relegation come seasons end.

GI's have lost Stafford and not getting a pom this year, makes me think claims that parker not being paid are ridiculous.

AWCC now making a complete mockery of the ECA rules, Cooper and in addition Tyson Yeo of Richmond CC 1st XI as well as the small fortune being paid out to swift... a bottom line that surely challenges many small nations GDP.

On a cricket related note, what is everyone's thoughts re the Mulgrave night comp? seems like a fun idea and a bit of a laugh to get around a game under lights

AWCC now making a complete mockery of the ECA rules, Cooper and in addition Tyson Yeo of Richmond CC 1st XI as well as the small fortune being paid out to swift... a bottom line that surely challenges many small nations GDP.

Tyson played all his junior cricket at Eastern Willows. His old man and brother involved at AWCC. Maybe some people like to return to their former clubs after Premier Cricket days. If he went to VSDCA that's another story. VSDCA clubs get a dividend from Cricket Victoria each season which is basically used to take a player from Premier Cricket.

As for the Mulgrave T10, if playing under lights gets you off well have fun with that.

Tyson played all his junior cricket at Eastern Willows. His old man and brother involved at AWCC. Maybe some people like to return to their former clubs after Premier Cricket days.

Thanks for the information, did not realise the connection and was certainly not trying to impugn the character of any person, much less somebody with the integrity of Tyson. Proves the ridiculous nature of rampant speculation RE player payments hidden beneath a veil of anonymity on the interweb. Fortunately, as the fearless leader of an emerging super power we as the PRC do not concern ourselves with things as trivial as free speech.

In relation to your comment RE the Mulgrave competition, it was merely a question as to peoples thoughts. whilst you appear to have some type of twisted fetish with the game of cricket, it remains to me, a pleasant past time. I see you are still online so a response of a more kind hearted nature would certainly not go astray. Perhaps it would signal to the world that you are not the simple minded philistine you appear to be, yet another anonymous internet cowboy relying on the bowels of sexual innuendo humour to convey a point. In future, a simple 'I do not think it is a good idea, I have little to no interest playing under lights, however, if it is something that peaks your curiosity, by all means get involved' would surely suffice instead of resorting to the lowest common denominator of wit. No doubt, your next response will be equally as infantile, perhaps a simple utterance of the homophobic slur 'faggot' that is so popular on youtube...

chairman mao chairman mao

I've not much interest in the Mulgrave comp myself as the season is long enough as it is for me, what with T20 on Tuesday and matches on Saturdays but I can say that I think that it is a good idea to promote a club like this if you have the facilities to do so.

Back