Eca

anybody at ECA meeting on Weds night. Apparently 2 speakers made an impact. One good and one bad.
Seems new life member might have been a breath of fresh air and a exec member was seen to want to shout down any comment from the floor. One was a good look and one was not. ECA should get the new life member back on job.

Giving it some thought at the moment. Not sure if we are putting a team in. Seemed like a good day last time. It is a bit cold doing preseason at the moment so hard to think about outdoor cricket. Anybody have any player news other than shared a month ago.
Wonder how they are grading the new teams in synthetic?

Giving it some thought at the moment. Not sure if we are putting a team in. Seemed like a good day last time. It is a bit cold doing preseason at the moment so hard to think about outdoor cricket. Anybody have any player news other than shared a month ago.
Wonder how they are grading the new teams in synthetic?

I think my club will be entering a T10 side but it's not my game. Maybe 10 years ago.

The new Syntho sides will shake things up a bit. Good luck to them. A stronger comp is a good thing.

I've heard precious little about player movements. Recruitment has become such a massive part of the comp. Junior development is great but it takes time.

I'm a bit surprised the ECA didn't bring fielding restrictions in to the 1 day matches to go with the colours, the white ball and the bowling restrictions.

Couple of mates play subbies and they play 45overs one dayers. It is a much better game.
Fielding restrictions are a must. Cannot understand the reluctance to do it.
Junior development has always been the key to grow the club but others prefer to buy.
These days paying is becoming unsustainable. ECA do not believe you can police it. I prefer that there is no restrictions on how many prof players you can pay but use a points system which evens up the playing field. ECA exec don't favour it but clubs should see the overall benefit

Was speaking to a friend who is a tenant at Toronga Village Shopping Centre and apparently land that was going to be used as further residential development has now been sold to St Kevin's College (for the $23 million) and they will turn it into a sports playing field, similar to what Carey have done at Bulleen.

No idea how many grounds they plan but wonder if this will enable Old Skevs to be a co-tenant similar to Old Carey at Bulleen?

Won't be happening any time soon as plan is for sports complex to be completed by 2018, the schools centenary.

Interesting. skevs old boys footy have been party to the development on the oval on high street next to railway line as their home base.
It will be great not to play on Olney which is close to our worst Senior & A ground to play and change in.
Hope cricket club gets a go there and not just during school holidays

Interesting. skevs old boys footy have been party to the development on the oval on high street next to railway line as their home base.

I heard Malvern CC in VSDCA were getting there as a new 3rds/4ths ground as council deem Menzies Reserve too small for senior cricket. So apparently TH King is being converted into turf and Menzies synthetic for junior cricket.

That is correct. But the old boys are going to make it their home base for football is what I believed. The summer turf is for Malvern ones and two's with the 3/4 at the smaller city oval. Menzies will only be for junior cricket. It will be interesting to see if any of the old boys play at the new Tooronga venue post 2018.
Apparently very little player discussion after ECA annual meeting. All seems very quiet except that Mash will miss quite a few games and finals may also be an issue depends on big bash fixture.

The newly acquired sports grounds by St. Kevin's College will not help the old boys cricket team move from Yarra Bend. The proposal of facilities at the new site include tennis courts, athletics track and soccer/hockey fields made only in sytho grass so not suitable for senior turf cricket.

That will be a disappointment for the cricket tragics. Looks like a trip to Olney again. Boroondara Council new training rule are crap.
Cannot use nets or oval for training to October 1st even if winter tenant agrees. Council have allocated a few grounds for practice and you are required to pay.
They are a dog council when it comes to cricket.

That will be a disappointment for the cricket tragics. Looks like a trip to Olney again. Boroondara Council new training rule are crap.
Cannot use nets or oval for training to October 1st even if winter tenant agrees. Council have allocated a few grounds for practice and you are required to pay.
They are a dog council when it comes to cricket.
The council build good rooms!

What a pity St Kevs are stuck with Olney. Would be nice to see them play on a better ground. As it is this is by far the worst ground in Dunstan in my humble opinion

What a pity St Kevs are stuck with Olney. Would be nice to see them play on a better ground. As it is this is by far the worst ground in Dunstan in my humble opinion
Dunstan grounds are all different some great decks-some shocking decks. Some big grounds- some small, Some great pavilions-some crap facilities.
If cricket Victoria has its way Dunstan will be played on carpet. Not sure what CVs fall back position is but no one will accept the current proposal.
Notice Monash Gryphons are coming into Synthetic this year. Their turf teams are staying in Mercantile or whatever they play in. With Hawthorn- Monash about implode I wonder if they will seek entry to ECA? I have a subby mate who cannot believe he will need to take a day off work if his team makes the grand final which is scheduled for a Friday!!!!

I agree, all grounds are different and sometimes clubs have to work with the hand they are dealt. Olney facilities are very poor, but the deck there has always been good when I have played there. The ground generally handles rain well and the deck is flat always making it a good even contest. I know there are some fantastic grounds in the ECA to play at, but I think Olney gets beaten up on a little bit. It is bad, but we're not playing the Ashes there, so for me to go there for a an away game once every 2 years isn't really a big deal.

Yes totally agree on the deck and the ground. The rooms have been disgusting at times but I guess if you have a good deck and reasonable all over ground surface you shouldn't complain. Having said that I'm sure St Kevs would be happy to find another alternative if they could.

Sheldon is training with Deepdene which appears to be the bad boy club of
choice. Probably end up with them unless another club stumps up some cash.
I have not been told by any people involved umpires or players both opposition or within Barnies that Sheldon is a "bad boy". I would have thought that sort of feeling would get around the networks. Not a good forum anyway to bag people. Social media like this is well and truly on the watch list these days as a result of previous years of some pretty ordinary stuff. Whatever he does I wish him well. Put his hand up with some support for rep teams last year.

Back