England against the SL BP XI

pak_god

England against the SL BP XI

england are in trouble in this game ::)

Tharanga will get a 100 and england may lose, panersar looks poor, they should only pick swann.

will mustard keep in the 2nd innings or have they gone with prior from now on?

Re: England against the SL BP XI

sri lanka will be all over england. they lost badly to australia but at home murali will clean them up easily. they need to sort out a keeper soon. from what i saw of prior he isnt good enough.

pak_god said:
england are in trouble in this game ::)

Tharanga will get a 100 and england may lose, panersar looks poor, they should only pick swann.

will mustard keep in the 2nd innings or have they gone with prior from now on?
How are we in trouble?It's a warm up game.Warm up games are to adjust to the conditions and to get a few overs under your belt.Panesar is first choice for tests.

Dikon said:
How are we in trouble?It's a warm up game.Warm up games are to adjust to the conditions and to get a few overs under your belt.Panesar is first choice for tests.

I think he's talking rubbish, its just anti English nonsense.

It's not even a first class game for pete's sake, little more than a glorified practice session.

410/5 - not great reading for England but a good work out, I'm sure.

Harmison not having his boots is a rubbish excuse, but we all know how particular some people are.

Almost_Austwick said:
410/5 - not great reading for England but a good work out, I'm sure.

Harmison not having his boots is a rubbish excuse, but we all know how particular some people are.

Question is would any have his size?If not then i can understand.

Dikon said:

so letting 500 runs past you is ok, england are bad, gonna lose all 3 tests

panesar has been found out, just another rubbish english spinner bring back giles

im not following this match but panesar is much better than giles. he still needs to develop more. england and south africa never had any match winning spinners recently but england have found one in panesar these days.

pak_god said:
so letting 500 runs past you is ok, england are bad, gonna lose all 3 tests

panesar has been found out, just another rubbish english spinner bring back giles

It's just a big training session.Never said letting 500 past you was ok did i?Let's see how are Batsmen fair tomorrow.

so it just a training session now? :laugh:

silly english fans you will lose this game rain has saved you from having to bat yet

conceding 500 against a board president side is not good for england. i think england will bat well but bowling has to improve.

Dikon said:
Question is would any have his size?If not then i can understand.

My posting in the morning, in a rush has to stop!

I meant to say that it wasn't helpful that he didn't have his boots and that I was sure a pair could have been located from somewhere, anyways, when he did get on the pitch the rustiness was evident for all to see (though some of the more crueller fans pointed out that he was back on form!).

Not a brilliant day in terms of practice, a workout in the field but limited time for the batsman to have a go.

Panesar is by no means the finished article, and with time playing at the top level, his game will progress and move forward. Through this hopefully we will see more variation in flight, and generally bowling slightly slower. He offers more of a threat than Giles, whilst also being relatively miserly.

Panesar will be a bowler who'll hover around the top 15 in the world, and will be around the England for a number of years, no need to write him off yet.

As for todays match, well, as dikon has said it's really a practice match and I wouldn't read too much into it. Watch England regain focus as the first test looms.

pak_god said:
so it just a training session now? :laugh:

silly english fans you will lose this game rain has saved you from having to bat yet

It's not a first class game.I don't think the players care what happens aslong as they get some overs and runs under there belts.It's all about getting ready for Sri Lanka under tough conditions.I think your just bitter that England have a better side than Pakistan.

A reasonable day for England, most of the batsman have gotten time at the crease bar KP, other than that the only other concern is that we were looking a bit foxed by Bandara - hope this is not a prelude to being wiped out by Murali.

Dikon said:
It's not a first class game.I don't think the players care what happens aslong as they get some overs and runs under there belts.It's all about getting ready for Sri Lanka under tough conditions.I think your just bitter that England have a better side than Pakistan.

in your dreams my beloved pakistan would beat england without a worry

who have you got to trouble the likes of khan and yousuf then asif and co would blast your batting away

you are the one dreaming

pak_god said:
in your dreams my beloved pakistan would beat england without a worry

who have yuo got to trouble the likes of kahn and yousef then asif and co would blast your batting away

you are the one dreaming

Rankings tell a tale my freind.

rankings are no good, they only tell history not future, we would beat england like a dog

Back