England announce test squad to tour India

Re: England announce test squad to tour India

VFNaturally;291070 said:
If thats the case thats a lovely gesture.

On the squad I have difficulty in understanding why Rashid is not available to play. 65 FC wickets last season and he can bat. Only having 2 spinners in the squad in the first place was a little odd (given that 2 will play in at least one test meaning no competition).

They don't want to throw him in the deep end to early given his age.

He is quite an amazing prospect for the English, though even Shane Warne/Terry Jenner have said to hold out from putting him in the England Squad until he proves himself more at County Level.

I can understand that. The thing is though if he is the best option for England he is the best option. There wasnt this holding back of Freddie or Ben Hollioake. I could understand if we had other great options but I am not sure we have and balancing the team is hard now Broad isnt available; Rashids batting would be useful in this respect.

Also slightly hipocrytical of Warne.....his 12th FC match was his first test.

D.K;269418 said:
Prior is getting on in age but has improved his batting, glove work I feel is still very suspect.

Prior is only 26, he has a little while yet to improve and reach his peak.

I'm undecided on Prior. I prefer him to Ambrose but as you said, Foster is the better 'pure' gloveman.

Can't stand Read and I'm non-plussed towards Mustard.

Mustard is a strange one. Didnt seem to do too much wrong, yet is gone from the scene.

Read was a strange one. Good gloveman, unfairly treated. But didnt do himself any favours.

Back