England Tour In New Zealand 13

lol, Lumb hits the winning runs by smashing Butler on to the Caketin roof. What belting by England, highest total chased without the loss of a wicket.

Great chance for a victory. England bowled out for 258. All of NZ's bowlers bowled well. Trott and Cook looked out of sorts with the lack of match practice.

These injuries are a little worrying for the Blackcaps. At least BMac can shuffle one up the order if Guptill's ruled out. (Several positions, really, though I'm sure they'd open with Williamson.)

For anyone else that's interested, also, I'm enjoying the radio commentary from Radio Sport NZ, which appears to be accessible worldwide.

Brilliant win by NZ, much deserved...I concede that. What I will say, not taking anything away from NZ, but what was Englands bowlers doing...it just seemed they had a Plan A and no other plan so stuck with the same bowling technique and NZ took all the opportunities thrown at them (pardon the pun).

The T20 matches were awful for NZ but they have shown the ODI will be different. Saw this article and thought it was quite apt - NZ to show revival in ODI

Brilliant win by NZ, much deserved...I concede that. What I will say, not taking anything away from NZ, but what was Englands bowlers doing...it just seemed they had a Plan A and no other plan so stuck with the same bowling technique and NZ took all the opportunities thrown at them (pardon the pun).

The T20 matches were awful for NZ but they have shown the ODI will be different. Saw this article and thought it was quite apt - NZ to show revival in ODI

True...other than Anderson who pitched it up and swung it, your bowlers were very average (Broad the worst) with Woakes not much better. You are so right about the plan A tactics that failed but I wouldn't blame the bowlers as much as I'd blame Cook. McCullum really out-thought the English yesterday. It took me a while but I'm fully convinced that McCullum is the best man for the job. His captaincy was brilliant last night!

I bet your revelling in it mate and so you should, much deserved. Have a drink for me, you guys were clearly the better team in this match! Bring on the next one, hopefully we can show you how its done ;)

I'm still excited about it a day later. :D And hey, everybody loves a tight series. ;)

Hamish Rutherford has replaced Guptill in the side for today and Southee has replaced Mitchell MCclenaghan.

Good selections. :D Bring on Napier!

A little bit of a disappointing end to a series that started so well. Was at the game and the crowd got bored in the second innings so they started playing with beach balls and booing security guards lol. A major positive though is McCullum is looking like he deserves the captaincy now.

Here's the Test squad:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/8344522/Rutherford-Latham-named-in-NZ-test-squad

Surprise inclusion is Tom Latham from Canterbury. Fulton is in....:eek:

Who's your tip for the final pace spot? Gillespie?

I'm kind of keen to see what Wagner is like these days. I have a Kiwi mate who swears blind that Wagner is a way more complete bowler these days than he showed in the West Indies, and a juicy Dunedin track would suit his medium pacers to a tee.

Who's your tip for the final pace spot? Gillespie?

I'm kind of keen to see what Wagner is like these days. I have a Kiwi mate who swears blind that Wagner is a way more complete bowler these days than he showed in the West Indies, and a juicy Dunedin track would suit his medium pacers to a tee.

I'd still back Southee, Bracewell and Boult as it's a nice combination of two swing bowlers (one right, one left handed) and a seam bowler. Plus, they are all still young men (including Southee). Wagner has been backed by many but I have been far from impressed by him to date. If Mitch McClenaghan was fit and healthy, he'd be my 4th seamer choice.

With regards to Gillespie, I don't know how the hell he got those wickets against SA. He's basically a dibbly dobblly these days and on the wrong side of 30.

A little bit of a disappointing end to a series that started so well. Was at the game and the crowd got bored in the second innings so they started playing with beach balls and booing security guards lol. A major positive though is McCullum is looking like he deserves the captaincy now.

Here's the Test squad:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/8344522/Rutherford-Latham-named-in-NZ-test-squad

Surprise inclusion is Tom Latham from Canterbury. Fulton is in....:eek:

I was just reading up on your squad myself - NZ squad will be interesting to see how the young bloods fair!!http://www.bigpondsport.com/latham,...-call-ups/tabid/91/newsid/102701/default.aspx

Question is who is filling the final spot...anyone heard yet?

Wagner gets the final spot in the side. So the side should be pretty predictable with the question being, will NZ go with four pacers with Wagner or three pacers and a spinner in Bruce Martin on debut. I'd go with the four pacers cause Dunedin isn't known for turn and it'd be throwing Martin in the deep end on debut.

Back