FBI's Season 2008

Re: Manee's Season 2008

Busy weekend Manee! It's a pity the batsman didn't walk in your sunday game. Was the catch taken low down, i.e. did it definitely carry?

I take it that the batting side were umpiring? If so, get used to it, unless you play a 1st XI cricket at a decent standard you'll have to put up with decisions going against you a lot.

It really annoys me, as I always play fair and if it's out, it's out. Other people don't seem to see it that way though.

mas cambios;27586 said:
I take it that the batting side were umpiring? If so, get used to it, unless you play a 1st XI cricket at a decent standard you'll have to put up with decisions going against you a lot.

It is one thing not giving an LBW shout, which is quite usual, but when a catch to cover is not given that is just blatant cheating!

It happens every other game for us, the cheating is amazing in the competetive leagues. It's worst in Div 3 for some reason, I guess because the higher leagues have league umps.

Naturally, can I have the title of this thread changed to suit my new username.

Friday and Saturday action

Played on Friday in a game which we had to win comprehensively to have a chance of winning the league. We scored 200 ('we' meaning the batsmen_ and defended it successfully, winning by about 50 runs. I took one cheap wicket at the end of the innings but bowled a load of crap - three no ball full tosses from balls slipping out of my hand. The ball wasn't wet but it had absorbed a lot of moisture, making it huge: 4-0-23-1.

On Saturday, I was similarly out of rhythm, not able to land properly for some reason. It was slow tripe again, quite unusual for me to not find rhythm once in two games. Managed to take 2/34 off 10 though, my first wicket I'm quite proud of. Left arm over to a left handed batsman and it swung around his pads, hitting leg stump full on - it really did hoop, which I was quite pleased about.

Had a bit of a scary experience though, well, scary is being melodramatic, but anyway...
I banged my elbow on a chair, quite lightly and my hand started burning up, to the point where it really started to hurt. Thankfully, it stopped eventually. Banana milkshake splilt all over my bag too, which pissed me off also. Have to put my nice nike T-shirt and my back support in the wash now:(.

FBI;27957 said:
I banged my elbow on a chair, quite lightly and my hand started burning up, to the point where it really started to hurt. Thankfully, it stopped eventually. Banana milkshake splilt all over my bag too, which pissed me off also. Have to put my nice nike T-shirt and my back support in the wash now:(.

Your so-called 'funny' bone?? ;)

Can I ask why you've changed your name btw??

Jelly Beanz;28013 said:

Can I ask why you've changed your name btw??
No, you can live in suspense:D.

Added 34 second(s) later...

Jelly Beanz;28013 said:

Guess so, was quite weird though. As soon as I hit it I felt something was wrong.

Weekend Update

I'm not sure what happened last week, as I forgot to post an update - long story short, I only bowled 7 overs in the two games on the weekend, so not much to report.

On Saturday, I got to bowl on a wet, torn up wicket. The downside was that it was extremely slow and the only balls that would bounce would pop up slowly. I opened the bowling and picked up two wickets. The first was played on by the batsman playing a cover drive and the second was caught at gully, skying a hoik to an outswinger outside off stump - both from left arm over. For my second spell, I went around the wicket - the game was dead, with them needing 20 more off 14 overs with six wickets left so I chose to go around the wicket and see how it went. I was practicing the 'Shoaib Akhtar' approach of completely slinging it from wide around the wicket, but found that I could only retrieve pace with this action if I bowled short outside off stump - it initially almost worked; the first ball of the spell was quick and edged over second slip for four and the third was skied and second slip dropped a sitter. I finished with 8-2-29-2.

On Sunday, I just got 4 overs in as bad weather ended the game early. I was feeling pretty good, I fired two well down leg side, but bowled a mostly good line on a slope, sloping sideways (down the right hander's leg side at my end) reminiscent of Lords;). I picked up 1/10 off 4. The wicket came off my second ball, it was a loosener, full outside off which was edged to the keeper by a batsmen whose feet were glued to the ground.

Back