Field Settings for Leg-Spinners

Now that the season has ended I've been thinking about field placements, my economy hasn't been too food, 5.98 , even though half the games I played were t20s
In longer games I've thought of leaving a lot of gaps on the leg side so the batsman plays leg side and so he plays against the spin, creating chances ? How does this sound?
Surely not having protection on the leg side will mean lot's of runs as soon as you drop off a perfect off stump line. You could only do that with extreme confidence.

Surely not having protection on the leg side will mean lot's of runs as soon as you drop off a perfect off stump line. You could only do that with extreme confidence.
Yeah I tried this against my younger son and it didn't work at all, in fact he was walking across his stumps and smacking the ball into the empty space! But, if it's a player who can't hit the ball leg-side it may be fine (me for instance)!!! Tail-enders might fall victim and as you say accuracy is a key component, you'd have to be pretty certain that they were that weak hitting the ball leg-side.

Back