Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

As far as we know Coxy was staying and had taken on a senior coaching role. But nothing would surprise me every second player in GCA love to beat their own drum and shop themselves around to pick up a quick buck. Here's a tip Get a job to earn a living and play cricket to play with ya mates and hopefully win a few games!!!

As far as we know Coxy was staying and had taken on a senior coaching role. But nothing would surprise me every second player in GCA love to beat their own drum and shop themselves around to pick up a quick buck. Here's a tip Get a job to earn a living and play cricket to play with ya mates and hopefully win a few games!!!
With you all the way on this one you are spot on.

Is it just me or has there been an unusual amount of money flying around the GCA this year?

Maybe a points system similar to VCA will become standard across all local cricket soon. Here is how it works.

The other major change will be the introduction of the Player Points Cap, superseding the long-standing professional player rules, in place since the early 1970s. All players will receive a points allocation, ranging from 10 for a current overseas international down to 1 for a "homegrown" player. Clubs will be permitted a total cap of 25 points. The various categories are listed below:
10 Current international from a Test-playing country other than Australia in any form of the game
9 Current Australian international (Victorian or interstate)
8 Former overseas international
Current overseas first-class player from a Test-playing country
7 Current domestic representative player - any form of the game
Current first-class player from a non-Test-playing country
6 Former overseas first-class player
Former Australian international (Victorian or interstate)
5 Former first-class Australian player (Victorian or interstate)
Current international from a non-Test-playing country (ICC Associate or Affiliate member)
4 Overseas non-first class player
First XI player from another Premier Club (21+ games)
Interstate first grade player (21+ games)
3 First XI player from another Premier Club (1-20 games)
Interstate first grade player (1-20 games)
2 Former Premier First XI player returning to Premier Cricket with another club.
1 Player who has not played First XI for another Premier Club
Former Premier First XI player returning to his original club.

A few tweaks would be required for local standard but would be interesting to see how it would work.

Maybe a points system similar to VCA will become standard across all local cricket soon. Here is how it works.

The other major change will be the introduction of the Player Points Cap, superseding the long-standing professional player rules, in place since the early 1970s. All players will receive a points allocation, ranging from 10 for a current overseas international down to 1 for a "homegrown" player. Clubs will be permitted a total cap of 25 points. The various categories are listed below:
10 Current international from a Test-playing country other than Australia in any form of the game
Current international from a non-Test-playing country (ICC Associate or Affiliate member)
2 Former Premier First XI player returning to Premier Cricket with another club.

A few tweaks would be required for local standard but would be interesting to see how it would work.
hmmm that is an interesting system i doubt the GCA could be bothered enforcing it though seeing how currently clubs officialy can only pay one player up to 8k if they have cricket australia level 2 accreditation and we all now how little notice clubs take of that.

hmmm that is an interesting system i doubt the GCA could be bothered enforcing it though seeing how currently clubs officialy can only pay one player up to 8k if they have cricket australia level 2 accreditation and we all now how little notice clubs take of that.
The only ideas/changes the GCA come up with are their own stupid ones, they never take on board anything the member clubs put up to be introduced so dont waste your time. They all know that most clubs bend/break the rules with the "salary cap" but are either powerless to do anything about it or wont do anything about it because it may expose their own clubs. I'm guessing the latter.

I was told that Cox committed to St Albans officially on Sunday along with Jones and Murray. But I do agree with your point.

Justin Larkins is headed to AT with cowdrey...maybe even 1 or 2 other GSM players to do the same...

This may have Guild on the cusp of div3, favs to go down IMO. Any news on Benci? hearing maybe heading to Lara.

I like this system in theory needs alot of modification for GCA but worth some thought I'd imagine.

Interesting to see Shannon Young has been appointed coach of Camberwell. Sure Highton would be happy to see he found some time.
I'd say they'd be very dissapointed if true. The time needed to coach a Premier club would still be much more than say travelling down to Geelong on a Thursday night and again Saturday to play.

Any word on a coach or recruits at Highton?

I'd say they'd be very dissapointed if true. The time needed to coach a Premier club would still be much more than say travelling down to Geelong on a Thursday night and again Saturday to play.

Any word on a coach or recruits at Highton?
Young is offically the coach of Camberwell so it is true. I also still havent heard anything about who Highton is talking to for a replacement surely there close to having someone lined up

i heard st. albans but im not certain either also Highton has appointed a new coach Andrew Morrison who used to play for South Barwon
wow, unexpected call that. Mozz used to play for Highton prior to South also, so probably a return home. It seems South Barwon players are the flavour of the month with coaches, Bushy to North Geelong, and Mozza to Highton !! Is there any other vacant positions we should be worried about ?

wow, unexpected call that. Mozz used to play for Highton prior to South also, so probably a return home. It seems South Barwon players are the flavour of the month with coaches, Bushy to North Geelong, and Mozza to Highton !! Is there any other vacant positions we should be worried about ?
How far will Morrison go towards filing the gap left by Youngs departure? by the look of his statistics they made need more top players to be competitive

How far will Morrison go towards filing the gap left by Youngs departure? by the look of his statistics they made need more top players to be competitive

I doubt Mozza will be, or will be expecting to fill the gap left by Youngy. Mozza's appointment will purely (IMO) be a coaching role, and he may very well take some sort of role in their 2nd XI. They will need 2-3 top up players to go towards the huge loss of Young, but maybe some young guys might take up the slack.

Apparently one of the Skene brothers was seen with the Highton heirarchy last week. Not sure which one it was. Highton are keeping things very quiet but from all reports have picked up at least a dozen very good players that will play in their turf squads. A few young guns also from up Hamilton way I have been told. According to the council $200K in training nets are also going up at McDonald Reserve and a massive clubroom extension planned. Should become a top class facility , hope HCC can win a few games.

Back