Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

Apparently one of the Skene brothers was seen with the Highton heirarchy last week. Not sure which one it was. Highton are keeping things very quiet but from all reports have picked up at least a dozen very good players that will play in their turf squads. A few young guns also from up Hamilton way I have been told. According to the council $200K in training nets are also going up at McDonald Reserve and a massive clubroom extension planned. Should become a top class facility , hope HCC can win a few games.

sounds like the arrogant bragging of a typical Highton member..

Apparently one of the Skene brothers was seen with the Highton heirarchy last week. Not sure which one it was. Highton are keeping things very quiet but from all reports have picked up at least a dozen very good players that will play in their turf squads. A few young guns also from up Hamilton way I have been told. According to the council $200K in training nets are also going up at McDonald Reserve and a massive clubroom extension planned. Should become a top class facility , hope HCC can win a few games.
No offence but neither of the Scene brothers are likely to have an impact in division one, handy players in division 2 but were always just bit players at city in division one.
Has anyone else heard that Mark Freijah has been in talks with Highton?

-Becker Nguyen is playing at Leopold
-Mark Freijah will stay at Leopold
-Would not think that Highton will pick up 'at least a dozen' good players.
-Hope Highton acquit themselves well as have done the hard yards in Div 2.
-Skenes won't be going anywhere. Part of the furniture now at WPCC.

Matt Harrison has signed on as Newcomb & District assistant coach along with several other key players, will be the standout team in div2 and number 1 flag contender.

Lets not beat around the bush Highton are stuffed. Andrew Morrison as coach pretty much confirms that, was hardly a decent 2nds player no offence to the bloke.

I also see Shannon Young is still in Geelong and will be for almost another 12 months......

On the Skene issue, Shane is coaching WPCC so would hardly see Danny leaving in a hurry.

Matt Harrison has signed on as Newcomb & District assistant coach along with several other key players, will be the standout team in div2 and number 1 flag contender.

Lets not beat around the bush Highton are stuffed. Andrew Morrison as coach pretty much confirms that, was hardly a decent 2nds player no offence to the bloke.

I also see Shannon Young is still in Geelong and will be for almost another 12 months......

On the Skene issue, Shane is coaching WPCC so would hardly see Danny leaving in a hurry.
Who are the other recruits at Newcomb? They would need a fair bit of improvement to be the stand-out team in Div 2.

Who are the other recruits at Newcomb? They would need a fair bit of improvement to be the stand-out team in Div 2.
I'm hearing the return of Shane Harrison, Mitch Troy, Chris Nolan, Ash McLean, Luke Parker, Sam Farnsworth, possibly Simon Anderson (Close cousin of the Harrisons) whispers of Liam Buchanan are still be thrown around. Along with a possible few Geelong players coming with Harrison. Don't need much to jump up the ranks in Div2 Matt Harrison alone will boost them into finals. These players along with Jason Harrison, Brett Nolan, Robbie Evans and Andrew Spengler would have to be premiership favs.

Not forgetting continued talk of Murray and Jones from St Albans, haven't heard anything in concrete saying they are staying put. Wouldn't be surprised to see them at NDCC also.

-Becker Nguyen is playing at Leopold
-Mark Freijah will stay at Leopold
-Would not think that Highton will pick up 'at least a dozen' good players.
-Hope Highton acquit themselves well as have done the hard yards in Div 2.
-Skenes won't be going anywhere. Part of the furniture now at WPCC.
Dont know about having done the Hard yards, they have never won anything in Division 2 but for some lower grade stuff, hope they get smashed and the GCA make Division 1 a 10 team comp with Manifold to go back as well, this then would make GCA a Strong set up with depth of teams improving in Div 1, 2 @ 3.

I'm hearing the return of Shane Harrison, Mitch Troy, Chris Nolan, Ash McLean, Luke Parker, Sam Farnsworth, possibly Simon Anderson (Close cousin of the Harrisons) whispers of Liam Buchanan are still be thrown around. Along with a possible few Geelong players coming with Harrison. Don't need much to jump up the ranks in Div2 Matt Harrison alone will boost them into finals. These players along with Jason Harrison, Brett Nolan, Robbie Evans and Andrew Spengler would have to be premiership favs.

Not forgetting continued talk of Murray and Jones from St Albans, haven't heard anything in concrete saying they are staying put. Wouldn't be surprised to see them at NDCC also.
Hmmm. Surprised if Anderson leaves. Chris Nolan played there last year as did Luke Parker. Buchanan definitely won't play there. So basically, the addition of Ash McLean, Mitch Troy and Matthew Harrison will see them instilled as premiership favourites. Will be lucky to get Farnsworth. Finished 7th last year. Lost more than they won. That's a big rise and a fair bit of pressure on the Dinos. I actually reckon that this will be one of the most keenly fought seasons in Div 2. City and St Albans will be up there again. As will Torquay, probably Marshall and I can't see St Peters having another horror year like last year (6 washouts). Thomson will lose a couple but pick up a couple. There will be at least 4 or 5 legitimate contenders and probably another 2 or 3 in the mix. Hard to pick a favourite with just rumours and innuendo on who is going where. Probably best to re-visit in late Sept.

Havnt they learnt from the Football club that money will is only a short term fix, it will bankrupt the Club just like what happened in the football.

Dont know about having done the Hard yards, they have never won anything in Division 2 but for some lower grade stuff, hope they get smashed and the GCA make Division 1 a 10 team comp with Manifold to go back as well, this then would make GCA a Strong set up with depth of teams improving in Div 1, 2 @ 3.
Hard yards doesn't just mean Grand Finals, it means taking the opportunity of relegation of as it is intended which is to improve and possibly re-build the club which is what Highton had done and Thomson before them. Needs to be a two year moratorium on clubs going up. Same as those going down. Give the club going up a chance to find their feet and those going down a chance to work on what it is exactly that's not right.

Hmmm. Surprised if Anderson leaves. Chris Nolan played there last year as did Luke Parker. Buchanan definitely won't play there. So basically, the addition of Ash McLean, Mitch Troy and Matthew Harrison will see them instilled as premiership favourites. Will be lucky to get Farnsworth. Finished 7th last year. Lost more than they won. That's a big rise and a fair bit of pressure on the Dinos. I actually reckon that this will be one of the most keenly fought seasons in Div 2. City and St Albans will be up there again. As will Torquay, probably Marshall and I can't see St Peters having another horror year like last year (6 washouts). Thomson will lose a couple but pick up a couple. There will be at least 4 or 5 legitimate contenders and probably another 2 or 3 in the mix. Hard to pick a favourite with just rumours and innuendo on who is going where. Probably best to re-visit in late Sept.
Marshall do like likely to continue there improvement they have come along way from a few seasons ago. One or two more quality players and they could be genuine contenders have they picked anyone up?

Marshall do like likely to continue there improvement they have come along way from a few seasons ago. One or two more quality players and they could be genuine contenders have they picked anyone up?
Unsure of inclusions. Have improved heaps and doing some really good things out there. Particularly the rooms, look great. Possibly not contenders yet but certainly will be in the mix for finals.

I can also say that ive heard that both the Skenes are remaining at Waurn Ponds. Ive heard that they are trying to rebuild and go with youth and the Skenes will lead this, it may only be a rumour

geeeezz. you love talking us Dino's up.
if we've got all those blokes we must be getting Simon Katich & Dirk Nannes aswell now that they're out of contract.

our side doesn't require that much improvement, our best was good enough to beat City, but dropped games against AT & Torquay that really cost us.

just wait until clearances start coming through before you worry about us, and maybe see if you can get some of these guys at your club.

geeeezz. you love talking us Dino's up.
if we've got all those blokes we must be getting Simon Katich & Dirk Nannes aswell now that they're out of contract.

our side doesn't require that much improvement, our best was good enough to beat City, but dropped games against AT & Torquay that really cost us.

just wait until clearances start coming through before you worry about us, and maybe see if you can get some of these guys at your club.

how many of these rumours can you confirm Dan ? Matty ?

Jones & Murray are staying put along with Cox, Miller is coaching again. Muzza is overseas for work at the moment and will miss a few games in October. CONCRETE.

I hear Tim Brain from GSM going to Hghton too.

Danny Skene spoke to Highton and wont be playing with the Heat. He will be staying at WPCC with Shane, as expected.
Mitch Troy wont be at the Dino's. That wont happen.
Sammy Farnsworth is not leaving Joeys and Buchanan wont end up at the Dino's either.

Back