Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

latest rumour going around is that former Geelong star Liam Buchanan is heading across to West. Will make them an even stronger batting line-up than they were previously !! Meat Pies, is this confirmed ?

Sorry Daz, Yer hes stil not 100% over the line yet.. i beleive its between west or staying at Geelong.. Hes good mates with the President. Also on West Loftus and Jarran Cook are back round 2... against North

Ive also heard Murghe have signed an Indian as there captain Coach this year...

i bowl meat pies is on the money....liam is close to playing at geelong....west have claimed him but hard to sign when you ve been away in another state!

Burrows and smith look to have gone to Lara, Todd smith has gone to Geelong, which is great for our club but a loss no doubt. Townsing more than likely staying and not sure what keno is upto, last time I checked he was a little river player.

Kenyon has confirmed he is on his way to Lara too

Todays addy proved you right! he is still not over the line but it would be a huge plus for the GCA if they can complete the deal

is Bendigo cricket that good ?
i would say Elliot had an outstanding year there, people seem to forget he played test cricket 15 years ago, and that batsmen lose their mojo before bowlers do. i reckon there is a few cricketers around GCA that are better cricketers than him. and one man won't make Newtown a team.

i would say Elliot had an outstanding year there, people seem to forget he played test cricket 15 years ago, and that batsmen lose their mojo before bowlers do. i reckon there is a few cricketers around GCA that are better cricketers than him. and one man won't make Newtown a team.
It wasn't 15 years ago. He played his last test v Sri Lanka in 2004 and his last first class game was in 2008 v Tasmania. So I wouldn't say he would be that far gone. Disagree about batsman being finished before bowlers. Don't see too many bowlers going around at 35+ plenty of batsman do, in fact most don't peak to post 30. Elliot at 39 would still be a very good player at district level IMO.
50 First class tons and 3 test tons is a fair bit better than any current GCA player has done:rolleyes:

a little birdy told me that stacey is going to torquay 4ths to hand his brother a tissue for last years grand final loss, and try and win a flag for the comming season.

Are you kidding? We play in a league where Alf Clark is late 40s and still knocking up tons every year. Matthew Elliott will dominate, batsmen mature much later than bowlers. Its less taxing on the body and they get to know their game better. If he plays look for big big scores.

have heard that elliot is across the line at newtown.....pretty sure he will enjoy batting on stinton oval every couple of weeks...best credentialled recruit ever??

It wasn't 15 years ago. He played his last test v Sri Lanka in 2004 and his last first class game was in 2008 v Tasmania. So I wouldn't say he would be that far gone. Disagree about batsman being finished before bowlers. Don't see too many bowlers going around at 35+ plenty of batsman do, in fact most don't peak to post 30. Elliot at 39 would still be a very good player at district level IMO.
50 First class tons and 3 test tons is a fair bit better than any current GCA player has done:rolleyes:

played in Sri Lanka after a long lay off, and failed miserably. i think 2002 was the year he had a massive season for Vic, which is now 9 years ago.. i'm only stating an opinion but i don't think he will tear this competition apart like everyone is saying he will... provided he does come that is..
on a further note he only had 6 hits for Bendigo, will he play every game ?? by the newspaper article he is more interested as a career as an engineer as apposed to a cricketer.

Back